Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Blue|Change

on December 28, 2011
First let me start by saying that I'm not the kinda guy that usually takes the time to write a review, think this is my first ever and i do alotta online shopping...But I was so happy with this seller and their product that I felt like I owed them and everybody one. I ordered on a Monday morning and had my kit by early Wednesday afternoon! FAST! Like exactly 52 hours fast! Sure it does have something to do with me living in Ohio (same state as seller) but wow! And I only used standard shipping too. The 1200 watt amp I ordered from E&B hasn't even been processed yet and I ordered that at the same time...Anyways, I'm not a professional installer, however I've hooked up over 10 systems over the years-and this is a damn good install kit for the money. Nice and flexible power wire with real quality sheathing. O.D. of 4ga wire is a half inch and wire itself is a solid 5/16 thick. Nice heavy duty in line fuse and all the terminals you need-unless you're running more than a mono sub(kit has all power wire terminals, but only 3 small spades-1 for remote turn on and two for sub +/- ,wire ties, grommets, etc.) A little bummed about the terminals though-they're not cheapies but not the best. But then again this isn't a Scosche or Monster $100 competition kit. If you're a DIY guy on a budget, and don't wanna skimp then this is for you. Stay away from the $10 Boss kits,trust me... I've never come across this kind of quality ever before in this price range. Hats off to you, Knu Konceptz Crew! Outstanding across the board!
Installed this on my 99 Tahoe after reading tons of reviews. This kit is amazing compared to walmart junk and is true to its size. Everything I needed was in the package and the install was easy yet time consuming. My only complaint is that the power wire was a bit short for installing on a full size SUV so bare that in mind. I routed mine from the battery, through the firewall, behind the front kick panel, down both sets of floor trims (front door, back door) and into the cargo area and barely had enough left over to install it into my amp. This left me with no options as to where I wanted to mount my amp. It is right behind my rear seat. There is no more cable to move it. I would have payed extra if they offered a kit that was made for SUV's that had longer cables. I didnt want to mount it there but I have no choice. All of the other cables were fine running from the head unit. I like the fact that the remote cable is run inside the rca cables. During the install I wasn't having to fidget with getting 2 cables under my door trims. Everything works great and all in all this is the best value cable kit I found for the money. I just wanted to let SUV owners know that you will be limited on your power cable. Would have been a 5 star rating if I didnt have this issue. Maybe this company could consider making kits with different lengths. I am sure compact car owners have tons of cable left over while I struggled to get mine to the back of an SUV. I hope this review helps someone. Thank you for reading and Happy Shopping!!
review image
on March 22, 2013
I purchased this cable less than a year ago and it is already ruined. My amp began going into protect mode so I took out the handy DMM. I checked the voltage and noticed the significant drop. I thought it was my amps gain setting too high but I had calibrated it with an Oscilloscope so I ruled that out. I then went to check my fuse holder and everything looked fine. I then decided to remove the wire and take a look. To my surprise the wire was burnt. I thought it was just at the end piece so I decided to cut it off. I later found out it extended out to almost the whole wire. I will upload images. My amps max output voltage was set to 30 volts so I was getting 450 watts (30volts^2=900/2ohms=450watts). Even with a voltage drop of 11volts which is minimum before protect mode it would only be pulling approximately 40amps. My car however provides a constant of 14.4volts with it dropping to 13 with ac and all electrical components on including the amp previous to the cable damaging. I decided the cable truely wasn't capable of the alleged 60 amp rating so I contacted KnuKonceptz. Not only did it take them 3 days to reply but they have stopped replying completely it has been 9+ days without a reply. They were extremely unprofessional and this can be seen as well through their replies to comments on the item page. Even if the customer has no clue what he is talking about doesn't give them the right to post comments in such a rude manner. Im still waiting for a reply.

Update (4/11/2013): I still have not received a reply. The images I uploaded got removed. I'm guessing they want to keep their products looking top notch. On the other hand once you pay the words "Customer Service" do not exist in their dictionary. Dropped from 2 stars to 1 for hiding the truth and not letting customers see the images.
33 comments|113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2014
Very nice thick true 4 ga wire and quite flexible. The remote on/off wire is in between the rca wires (possible noise and a little too thin for my taste even as a low amperage wire), so I did not use them and instead ran a 16 ga alongside the 4ga and then the rcas are on the opposite side of the car.
on July 17, 2013
This wire. It's just Kolossal(pun).
Now, it IS copper coated aluminum, but they knew this and added a bit more wire to make up for it. Casing is SUPER flexible, but I had to cut off a bit of the wire for it to fit into my amp's 4ga. input. Ground is a little shorter than most kits(3 ft) but still an AMAZING product.

And now onto the RCA/Rem lead.

Shit, shit, and more shit. RCA wires are barely visible after I cut into them, and the rem lead seems to be as thick as an anorexic Malaysian girl. Broke in a week, would still buy again for the wire.

The 14 gauge is 12 gauge tin-plated aluminum, and amazingly as flexible as the power wire.

But yeah, thicker than 4 gauge. And the fuse holder's good too.
review image review image review image
on November 25, 2014
This is actually 4 Gauge! I have seen so many kits in this price range that are really around 8 gauge with mostly rubber insulation. The speaker wire is also good gauge, the RCA cables look really nice and the fuse hold is good quality.
review image review image review image
on February 13, 2014
After doing tons of research, I settled on this kit because the quality of the wire was top notch. I did read that the metal clamps were of poor quality and did have to work slightly harder to get those to work, but nothing worth taking a star off for.

The main thing is to get quality wire with tons of copper. The connection is better, so therefore the power is better. This kit had the best quality for the price, and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I'm using this kit along with a Hifonics BRX1600.1D Brutus Amplifier and 2 Kicker CVX 10's @ 1,200 watts.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 13, 2015
Wired up this amp kit in my 15' Camry to power a pair of Alpine amps. Split the 4 gauge down to two 8 gauge power wires via a distribution block going to an Alpine MRV-F300 (power my interior speakers) & an MRV-M500 (powering my Rockford P1S4 10" sub. Although the power wire isn't OFC, it more than suffices for my needs. Both amps get full power w/ no hick ups. I especially liked the integrated "remote" wire in between the RCA which made my wiring my easier.

The main gripe I have (as other reviewers mention) is the poorly designed fuse holder. I had to trim down the 4 gauge power wire several times in order to securely fit into the fuse holder. Plus the holder doesn't hold the wires well so had to take the additional step of using electric tape to holed the wires at the ends together.

It's the reason why I went with a pair of the Kicker 09PK8 8AWG ROHS Compliant Amplifier Power Kit to power my Alpine amps. But unfortunately the Kicker 4 gauge kit is +$75 as of this writing so I settled for the KnuKoncepts 4 AWG kit.
review image
on October 11, 2015
This wiring kit is honestly really really nice, I'm running a Sundown X-8 on 1000w RMS with a SoundStream P1.1000D. The wire handle's this just fine! Also, all the included bits and pieces are nice to have, honestly there is almost too much extra's like terminal connectors and stuff, but that isn't by any means a bad thing. The remote wire that's in-between the RCA connectors is really convenient and easy to hide, it's also harder to break since it's connected to the other wires, whereas most remote wires are individual and can split easy since they're so small. The fuse is nice as well, it's 80 amps (I believe that's stated in the specs but wanted to add that just in case). I only have 2 complaints, and they're small ones specific to my scenario. First, the speaker wire is too thin for my setup, it's 14 gauge which will NOT handle 1000w RMS obviously haha (I went with 8 gauge for my setup just to be safe, 10 would have been fine). Second, the ground wire is a bit short, if they included a 5 foot ground this would be the perfect kit, but still it was long enough for my needs. Again, those are both specific to me, I don't expect most people buying this kit to be pushing the amount of wattage and amps that I am through this wire, so 14 gauge would be fine, and in most cars (I'm driving a Volvo 240 Wagon) the 3 foot wire is totally fine.

Overall I am really happy with this wire and I think you will be too if you get it, I just don't recommend pumping anything more than a 1000w RMS through it was that would be too much and might blow the fuse (1000w RMS equates to close to 80 amps at this length, of course that's just an estimate and the amperage changes with wire length and what not).
on August 11, 2014
Great Amp kit or those on a budget!! look no further ive had different 4 gauge amp kit this one deff knocks of the other brands pretty thick wire the rca's do have the wire in the middle comes with everything you need
review image review image review image review image review image