Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on September 21, 2012
When my 27yr son gave me this for Mothers Day I laughed a bit. It seemed like such a guy-toy. But I'm not laughing now. I have one by my bed (I live alone) and one in each car. Altho I rarely pull one out, sometimes I am walking alone at night and am glad to have it in the car so I can pop it into my pocket or purse. I like to hike at night, especially during full moons and altho very few people are also out on the trails, when I see/hear a few males approaching me on the trail, I just feel completely confident that if there were any mischief, I could stop it by crackling a warning. Other times I hear noises at night at home and I feel less concerned because these things throw out a LOUD and scary crackling/electrical noise and 'lightning' that I think would scare most intruders, including crazed dogs chasing me when I run or bike and the uncommon but real cougar roaming around where I hike.

I am actually kind of surprised how much security I have gained from such a simple and inexpensive item. I ordered extra batteries on-line because purchasing batteries locally is more expensive. They use CR123A 3.0v batteries, lithium. The nylon case is very well made, durable, easy to open and close and fits like a glove around the blaster. I stored with and w/o the case, but found that using the case is better since it protects the tiny points that emit the electricity - they can be bent if unprotected.

The only problem I've ever had is from leaving one in my truck over the very hot SoCal summer and apparently the heat burnt out something inside that makes the electric connection. For this price, it is easy to put in many places. It is a good practice to pull it out and check to be sure the batteries are in good condition and the gun is emitting a good blast so when/if you want to use it, it's working.

I have a pistol, but in 99% of my life, I cannot imagine having to use it or.. would I? But it is extremely easy to see myself wielding one of these stun guns - sending out a noisy blast of electricity to scare someone and or using it on someone since it isn't deadly - just painful. Even if it wasn't working (from battery loss) when I grabbed it, I'd rather have something protecting my knuckles!

The design is very easy to use and because of the design, you feel completely in charge (hang on to it) and that you won't nervously get a blast yourself from handling it incorrectly. Once your fingers are wrapped around the device, it is one button slide ON and a push of the same button to emit the blast, which can be as short or long as you hold your finger to the button. Because of the design, I think in the dark it would be very hard for an 'intruder' to see it, and I feel confident if something bad happened, I'd be able to get a good blast in before 'they' knew what happened.

Don't do what my curious son did and test it on your leg, arm or self. Even a minute blast 'just to see what it feels like' left a burn mark on his leg but the experiment also left him feeling like this was a better idea than he'd thought ie he then bought one for himself and his wife and each of their cars.

NOW I give them out for bday and Mothers Day presents!
on January 9, 2013
The product was just as good as I'd hoped, if not better. These are a formitable weapon. The box said it was great for joggers, can't wait to try it out on one!
on January 3, 2013
I saw this in Maxim as something Batman would have. So I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas; he absolutely loves it. Pretty soon he'll need a utility belt for all his gadgets, LOL!