Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on May 18, 2015
I wish I liked this book as much as everyone else. I was excited to read it with my two-year-old son after hearing such great things about it. But Knuffle Bunny has very little going on. It is a quick read about a pre-verbal little girl who loses her favorite stuffed animal. She communicates her distress to her parents in a series of babbles. Mom quickly notices the titular knuffle bunny is missing, and it is promptly retrieved. The end. No interesting hijinks or compelling adventure. Just a kid who loses her bunny and gets it back again almost as quickly. What am I missing here? My kid cared about this book even less than I did. What a dud.
on January 24, 2016
The more silly than the book is when I read comment such as "An excellent book that improve Parent / Child communication .. .. ..."
I imagine the standard IQ level nowadays is in the minus
on January 7, 2015
i really didn't like this book, kind of dumb
on June 9, 2008
This book is a big diappointment. I was hesitant to order it whithout being able to see it in person first because I was a little concerned that Trixie's "baby talk" babbles (as noted in other reviews) would be too babyish for my very verbal 3 year old. After reading numerous 5-star reviews, I decided to go ahead & take a chance... big mistake. My son has the attention span to sit through books with more substance than this one (such as The Giving Tree, The Sneetches, & Frog and Toad are Friends). Knuffle Bunny only has a few words or 1 sentence on each page. The best thing I can say about this book is that the use of illustrations combined with black & white photos is unique. I really did expect more from an award winning book, in fact, I'm returning it. For the price I know I can find something better. By the way, my son didn't act too excited about it either. I really tried to read it with expression & make it exciting, but he just wasn't very interested in Knuffle Bunny.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2006
I love Mo Willems Pigeon books but I really do not like this book. The use of cartoon figures placed in photographic settings, while cool, is probably confusing for little ones. This book also seems like a Manhattan children's book but has no real broad appeal.

It is a labeled "a cautionary tale." My words of caution are, "Do not buy this. It is a library-read only."

I am sure many will disagree with me. I did not like Sienfeld either so there you go.
66 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2006
Standards for quality in America have severly diminished if this what people consider the Holy Grail of children's literature. It won't take you long to read this (or any) children's book at your local bookstore, so I suggest you do so before blindly buying this book solely based on glowing customer reviews. I would rather shoot myself than read this to my kid every night as one reviewer does. The "art" and writing stink stink stink. If I were the dad in this story, I would've taken the girl back to the laundromat and let her take a ride in the drying machine along with Mr. Knuffle Bunny for a few hours. The little girl is completely insufferable. And a story where the kid is having a tantrum 90% of the time can't be a good model for young children who like to imitate EVERYTHING. And why would a parent want to read this story to their kid and relive the worst part of their day?! Agh! Skip it!
99 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse