5.0 out of 5 stars the air apparent, June 30, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Kobe: The Story of the NBA's Rising Young Star Kobe Bryant (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a very good book, it really described in good detail and how Kobe got as good as he is. It is also very insprirational in a way. A recomend this to all Kobe Fans and Skeptics, just to show you he is for real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobe the story of NBA's young..., May 24, 2004
A Kid's Review
The book Kobe is one of my all time favorites. It talks about the life of Kobe Bryant. Kobe is my all time favorite basketball player along with Michael Jordan. I see a lot in Kobe like in mj. This book talks about the life of the young rising star Kobe Bryant and how he got to where he is now. It is a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Air Apparent Kobe" is a great biography of his life., February 23, 1999
By A Customer
Where did he grow up?How many points does he average a game?These are just two of the many questions answered in the book all about Kobe Bryant in the new biography "The Air Apparent Kobe" by Joe Layden. You will find out the history of Kobe by Joe Layden like how he scores an average of 50 points a game and grew up in Philidelphia.When he was three years old Kobe put on an old clippers jersey worn by his dad and dribbled a foam ball around practicing every move he learned from watching his dad play and from then on Kobe's mother knew he would have plenty of basketball talent. In his teens Kobe started playing basketball on his highschool basketball team and from then to the Philidelphia 76er's where he scored an average of 42 points a game.The Air Apparent Kobe also tells the lifestory of Kobe's father like how he played on the Philidelphia 76er's before Kobe did. After the Philidelphia 76er's Kobe had a chance to go to North Carolina or even Duke to show off his talent,but instead he chose to go to the Los Angeles Lakers where he is now "a star" and scores 50-60 points a game.Kobe went for a record that had never been broken,but failed by only making 42 points when the record was 50.4 points.I would give this book 5 stars because I think Joe Layden did a very good job telling Kobe's life story. If you would like to know about Kobe's whole life story check out the book by Joe Layden "The Air Apparent Kobe."

5.0 out of 5 stars Mine's and who elses favorite basketball player, August 5, 2001
A Kid's Review
My favorite basketball player is Kobe Bryant.Some people ask me why but I just say why not,he is the best.Kobe Bryant has it all he has all the moves,the looks,skills,and he is just fatal flaw raw talent.Kobe is the man teams in the nba can't stop him no one can.I know Kobe has heard this before but I am his biggest fan Iknow everything there is ro know about him.If I had one wish it would to meet him,just to talk to him even if it was just one word even though I don't know him I still love him very much after all he does have it all he's the best.Who's going to be mvp next season if you guessed Kobe Bryant than you must be physic.Kobe thanks for everything you taught me a lot you are the reason why my team is undefeated everyone I know just calls me little Kobe,what a great person to take after. It is an honor to be called little Kobe

4.0 out of 5 stars Kobe Bryant, July 20, 2009
This book talks about Kobe's early life and his early career in the NBA. The author gives a taste of his early career struggles and his success too. Very easy read and highly recommend for someone that wants to know little something about Kobe Bryant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kobe's family and career, February 6, 1999
By A Customer
I read this book for an english report and I feel that it wasn't a great book to read. If needed to have more information about Kobe's life and not just all that went on in the court. But other that that I really enjoyed reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Basketball, May 17, 2002
By A Customer
"The Story of the NBA's Rising Young Star Kobe Bryant" great for Lakers' fans. If you like basketball you will like this nonfiction book. Joseph Layden .I thought that the book was very easy to read and young children could read it by themselves. In my mind he is the best player ever. It the best book I ever read. I like the book, because I like to play basketball too.
In the beginning of the book it talks about his father and mother how they met each other. The book talked a bit about his family and also where he attend at school. I like the book, because you can image in your mind what it is talking about, and you can learn a little bit of vocabulary.
The setting of the book is in Philadelphia and also in Los Angeles. The author wrote the book very well, because it gives a lot of important information, it the best book I ever read. I like the book, because I like to play basketball too. I want to read more byJoseph Laden.
I want to recommend to book to people that like the Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe Bryant and who like to play basketball. The book makes you think that you could be a great basketball player like Kobe, if you keep on practicing. I would recommend this book to grade school and also high school students.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book rocks, April 1, 1999
By A Customer
Kobe Rocks. Kobe is the best thing to come along since sliced bread. He is undeniably the most physically talented player in the NBA today...he has all the tools, and no weaknesses, save experience. Rest assured that he will be the next incarnation of Michael Jordan in the new millenium. Check that, he will be the new and IMPROVED Michael Jordan. Kobe has all the tools that Jordan had, except you won't see him doing that stupid turnaround jumper ALL the time, how freaking boring can you get? The only one who could possibly hang with Kobe is Iverson, but Iverson is 6 inches shorter so won't dominate the game like Kobe. Kobe has the quickness, the handles, and the hops to dominate any player in the NBA, I don't care who you name. He can post up smaller players and even out-quick them, remember when he was guarding John Stockton in the playoffs, Stockton couldn't do squat. Compare that to supposed defensive whiz Gary Payton, who got destroyed by Stockton on every possession. Kobe is the player for the new generation. If he were a lawyer, or a cook, would Sprite taste any different?

4.0 out of 5 stars Kobe's Incredible Life, December 17, 2001
An 11-year old reader (Redondo Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I chose the book, Kobe, because I love basketball, and I was interested in knowing more about the life of Kobe Bryant. I was surprised to learn about Kobe's upbringing and background because it was totally different than what I had expected.
I liked this book because it tells all about Kobe Bryant's love for basketball, and his determination and drive to improve his skills. Kobe's basketball career begins when his family moves back to his hometown in America. The book also contains a lot of really cool pictures.
Learn about how this young star athlete developed into an all star basketball player. Joe Layden does a terrific job in revealing what makes Kobe a superstar. I recommend this book to anyone interested in basketball. It is very inspirational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobe book, July 15, 2010
M. Eastman (Palos Verdes Estates, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed this book - it is what I thought it would be. Arrived on time and as advertised.

Kobe: The Story of the NBA's Rising Young Star Kobe Bryant
Kobe: The Story of the NBA's Rising Young Star Kobe Bryant by Joseph Layden (Mass Market Paperback - September 9, 1998)
$7.99