4.0 out of 5 stars Power over labor...
Having Hickory hardwood floors and ceramic throughout the home is nice, but very laborious to upkeep. I elected to try this out to avoid numerous ours of mopping and cleaning. Excellent design, works well, brightened all surfaces, and saved time. There are never enough hours in the day, so this was a good choice. The only improvement might be a longer power cord.
Published on July 9, 2008 by G. J. Urreta

3.0 out of 5 stars good price, mediocre performance
Published on July 30, 2010 by S Sutton

4.0 out of 5 stars Power over labor..., July 9, 2008
This review is from: Koblenz P-1800 Rug Shampooer and Floor Polisher, 12-Inch (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the home - too small for large jobs, November 23, 2010
3rdGen (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I bought this machine to use on our tile floors at home. It has 2 speeds and is quiet while operating. This machine has 2 round brushes which turn in a circular motion. Each brush is about 6 inches in diameter. The brushes are very course and can be used for vigorous scrubbing. The unit comes with 2 green pads and 2 brown pads that can be attached to the brushes with small plastic clips. The green pads are very course. They would probably be useful for stripping old wax off of wood flooring or for scrubbing. When used on rough tile, the pads do not last very long. One set of pads will barely clean a 12 by 12 room. The pads quickly lose their integrity and don't work very well. The brown pads are less course. They can be used for buffing/shining. If you will be buffing smooth or semi-smooth floors, I suggest that you order several extra brown pads. You will need them sooner or later.
This machine is fairly light in weight. Because of this, I sometimes felt as if my floors were not being scrubbed as hard as I would have liked. I used "duct tape" to tape a small weight to the top of the motor housing.
If you have never used a floor polisher before, here is a friendly tip: When you turn the machine ON, make sure that the long handle is tilted at an angle and that you have at least one hand on the T-bar handle. This machine is very easy to manuever. Don't be intimidated by it. Don't "fight" the machine. JUST RELAX and guide the machine from side to side or back & forth. You will be surprised at how easy it is to use and at how much work it will save you. If you plan to do a lot of scrubbing to remove dirt and grime, I recommend that you also purchase a commercial mop and a commercial mop bucket that has a "mop wringer".

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good,but!, September 17, 2011
Now that I have had the floor polisher for about a year, I am a little disappointed with the brushes. The bristles are falling out at a steady rate every time I use it. I use it once a month on about 200 sq ft of tile. The machine works great and I do like it, I am just a little concerned about how long the brushes will last.

4.0 out of 5 stars works great with 2 exceptions, July 23, 2012
the machine works great, easy to control with one hand, does an admirable job waxing and polishing both tile and hard wood. However, the control button located on the side of the handle falls off on its own and rolls across the floor. It is easy to reattach, but really should not happen. The machine does not stand on its own without something to lean against - a bit of a hassle. Overall a good machine.

3.0 out of 5 stars good price, mediocre performance, July 30, 2010
S Sutton "muse" (Chillicothe, Missouri USA) - See all my reviews
I needed to scrub off existing floor polish and repolish the floor. Wedid have limited success with the scrubbing function, but on a lot of the floor we had to use other scrubbing methods. I do not think the lightweight floor machine is heavy enough--or heavy duty enough--to handle some jobs. And the buffing attachments did not make the floor more brilliantly polished than the shine we got from applying the new wax. Overall, I was disappointed with performance, I was looking for something to HELP with my floor job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Koblenz Floor buffer, November 5, 2012
Bought this to use on our engineered wood floors and ceramic. It's not commercial grade, so the pads are smaller and handles smaller areas. Like it has a polished metal body. Fairly light weight, for me the handle could be a little longer to reduce amount of bending over while operating. Wife had no problems, she is 6 inches shorter. The pads are fairly expensive for how long they last, but you can buy similar materials and cut out, make your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, March 2, 2010
The Koblenz Polisher is a great machine for the price. Works as well as a previous machine I had which was much more expensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars recommended because there's not a better one., June 7, 2014
I bought this machine to polish unsealed hardwood floors when I couldn't get replacement parts for my old Hoover. Did a lot of research and think that this is the best one on the market. Yet it doesn't compare with the old reliable Hoover. I'm convinced that the machine's designer never used it to polish floors. Lots of evidence that he/ she never completed design school. For example, the upper hook that's supposed to hold the cord is too close to the switch to be useful. Should have been two inches lower. Not important because you can use the handle, but it illustrates my point of not being sensitive to details. More importantly, the handle is designed to stay in a few preset positions. So, if you lower the handle to get under some furniture the handle remains stuck in that position and when you pull the machine out and raise the handle the brushes tilt downward and ride on their edges. Similarly if you raise the handle too high. You have to straighten the housing with your foot or quickly turn the switch off. Otherwise the machine will twist and turn out of control. Provides wonderful dexterity practice. Still the handle won't stay up when you stop the machine, so you have to lean it against a support or it will fall over. The housing for the brushes could be heavier. That might reduce occasional vibration. In the end, the machine works. It's just frustrating to pay good money for a machine with such obvious design oversights.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommended the Koblenz floor polisher for hardwood floor use, April 17, 2014
This product is great for home use. I would recommend this product. I use it on my pre finished hardwood floors

4.0 out of 5 stars compact., September 3, 2014
An attractive appliance and it works well. I wish they would of included felt pads with the unit.

Koblenz P-1800 Rug Shampooer and Floor Polisher, 12-Inch