4.0 out of 5 stars A great basic ereader
My wife and I both love our Kobos!

It's a basic ereader with no frills...no wi-fi, no 3G, you download books to your computer and then to the Kobo. The payoff for this featurelessness is minimal size and weight, making it very light and about as small as you'll get with a 6" screen.

This is not a good device for reading PDFs, which are not really...
Published on July 31, 2010 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Many problems
I bought this at Borders a couple days after they dropped the price to $99. Nothing but problems:
1) It would not sync with the Borders Desktop App. The App detected the Kobo but just wouldn't sync with it.
2) Would not recognize PDFs. I could drag them onto the Kobo as per the instructions but then when I unplugged the Kobo they wouldn't be there. The...
Published on October 28, 2010 by Terry

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok for a ereader although I've had no other either, July 23, 2011
amy hughes (Norwalk, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I bought the kobo ereader I have at Walmart...I do like it and use it quite a bit although I will say that I am disapointed in the way you have to charge the device because they only gave me a usb to charge it...I will say too that most of what I enjoy reading which is lesbian fiction, they do not have as wide of a selecion as nook does which is very disappointing to me...So, for my own personal usage, I enjoy it but for other reasons I do wish I would've chosen an alternative e reader..

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable in 4 different ways, June 6, 2011
Shagbark (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Five stars, minus one for each of these fatal flaws:

1. If I fully-charge my brand new Kobo, the battery will run down in 3 days with no use.

2. To read PDFs, you must zoom in on them. Then scrolling the screen side-to-side is necessary. Each time I tell it to scroll sideways, it moves a tiny fraction of the screen's display to the right. So I read the left half of each line, then hit the scroll button about 5 times to read the right half of the line. Each time I hit the button takes about 4 seconds. This makes the Kobo unusable for PDFs. It's especially frustrating because it could be done with just 1 scroll instead of 5.

3. I can't group my documents by folders. The only way I can look them up is alphabetically. This is useless. I have 10,000 books and documents on my Kobo. Was that file "Science-2011-Kang", or "Kang 2011-Purification of enzymes", or "The purification of enzymes", or "Purification of enzymes", or "Enzyme purification", or "2011-science-Kang- enzyme purification"? It would take about an hour to check out all those possible places. I just want to go to the folder with my molecular biology papers and look for it there.

4. Once I put documents onto the Kobo, I can't remove them. They are still readable on the Kobo, but most of them have disappeared from the folder viewable on my computer. This may be because I'm using a 32G memory chip - but I only bought the Kobo because it said I could use a 32G memory chip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobo ereader, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I received a Kobo for Christmas and love it! It is light and fits in my purse. Easy reading anywhere I go. The only thing I wish my Kobo had is a backlight when I read at night or on the road.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at First, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
It was good at first but then the second day after I got it it started having problems, like the screen got all fuzzy. I got it at borders with one hundred classic book already loaded.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kobo reader - Your product is junk, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
My husband bought a Kobo reader for me for Christmas. I Downloaded some books during the holidays and the reader had a line on the side of the screen. Okay - I thought no problem ... took it back to the store since it was within 30 days. So glad he bought the extended warranty. BUT after the store was so kind to exchange it - I had another issue, same line on the new KOBO and then a bar code? Called kobo - they gave me a confirmation number and said someone would get back to me within 2 - 3 days. Since my call to them was over the weekend that was not a problem. Didn't hear back from them so I called them back. Huh ... they told me that was not one of their confirmation numbers - seriously??? I took the persons name and she even gave me a fax number to fax my receipt to her - still told me no idea who I spoke with ... so i called the Borders store (that was not closing in our area and they were great) They exchanged my reader and I was so happy. Well ... to make a long story short ...I can't believe each piece of JUNK that I get from KOBO! I am going to contact the corporate office - wish me luck - hubby bought the extra warranty ... good luck in getting through to them. I WILL NOT GIVE UP EVEN IF I HAVE TO PUT IT ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA - to get a response - shabby company!

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEW TOY, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING ONE FOR A LONG TIME,THEN I DID I CANT PUT IT DOWN. I AM LUCKY WITH THE FREE BOOKS AS THERE ARE MANY I ENJOY SO THAT IS A BONUS.
I WILL GET ROUND TO DOWN LOADING WHEN I HAVE GOT THE FEEL OF IT.I BOUGHT A MAINS CHARGER FOR USE ON HOLIDAY AND I BOUGHT A WALLET AS WELL.ALL IN ALL A VERY GOOD BUY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO

4.0 out of 5 stars Great E-Reader, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
The problems I have with the kobo:
1) My dog sheds. Sometimes hairs float on the screen and turn the page. But it's alright because page turns count for Achievements.
2) Sometimes it will not turn on. Meh. It's fallen a few times so I attribute that problem to that.
3) I will they would implement pulse on the Kobo Touch.

What I like:
1) Achievements and stats. It's caused me to read at varied times, read longer, buy more books. If it is a marketing ploy, it worked.
2) Size. Fits in my back pocket.
3) When it turns on/goes to sleep, you can have cute little kobo faces or the book cover. I like it more.
4) The Home screen is nice looking.

Besides those points it is a normal e-reader that does everything else an e-reader does.

1.0 out of 5 stars no return policy with software defect, July 2, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Do not Do not buy this product.
Kobo has no return policy. once opened, it you have no way return.
if you want just simple ebook reader it might be useful.
do not open any PDF cuz you can't read any word and it will freeeze.

call customer company and they will ask you to reset. yea... it only will help for fewdays..

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobo eReader, January 4, 2011
A. Chace (West Milford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Didn't want all the bells and whistles on a Kindle. Bought this and absolutely love it. Haven't had a single issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Don't Buy from them! Horrible customer service. Never got my book or money or emails answered. They lied and lied. Use amazon download the kindle app for you desktop or phone you won't regret it.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›