4.0 out of 5 stars A great basic ereader
My wife and I both love our Kobos!

It's a basic ereader with no frills...no wi-fi, no 3G, you download books to your computer and then to the Kobo. The payoff for this featurelessness is minimal size and weight, making it very light and about as small as you'll get with a 6" screen.

This is not a good device for reading PDFs, which are not really...
Published on July 31, 2010 by Jan S. Strnad

1.0 out of 5 stars Many problems
I bought this at Borders a couple days after they dropped the price to $99. Nothing but problems:
1) It would not sync with the Borders Desktop App. The App detected the Kobo but just wouldn't sync with it.
2) Would not recognize PDFs. I could drag them onto the Kobo as per the instructions but then when I unplugged the Kobo they wouldn't be there. The...
Published on October 28, 2010 by Terry

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobo ereader, March 13, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I received a Kobo for Christmas and love it! It is light and fits in my purse. Easy reading anywhere I go. The only thing I wish my Kobo had is a backlight when I read at night or on the road.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at First, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
It was good at first but then the second day after I got it it started having problems, like the screen got all fuzzy. I got it at borders with one hundred classic book already loaded.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kobo reader - Your product is junk, August 2, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
My husband bought a Kobo reader for me for Christmas. I Downloaded some books during the holidays and the reader had a line on the side of the screen. Okay - I thought no problem ... took it back to the store since it was within 30 days. So glad he bought the extended warranty. BUT after the store was so kind to exchange it - I had another issue, same line on the new KOBO and then a bar code? Called kobo - they gave me a confirmation number and said someone would get back to me within 2 - 3 days. Since my call to them was over the weekend that was not a problem. Didn't hear back from them so I called them back. Huh ... they told me that was not one of their confirmation numbers - seriously??? I took the persons name and she even gave me a fax number to fax my receipt to her - still told me no idea who I spoke with ... so i called the Borders store (that was not closing in our area and they were great) They exchanged my reader and I was so happy. Well ... to make a long story short ...I can't believe each piece of JUNK that I get from KOBO! I am going to contact the corporate office - wish me luck - hubby bought the extra warranty ... good luck in getting through to them. I WILL NOT GIVE UP EVEN IF I HAVE TO PUT IT ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA - to get a response - shabby company!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kobo eReader, January 4, 2011
A. Chace (West Milford, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Didn't want all the bells and whistles on a Kindle. Bought this and absolutely love it. Haven't had a single issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars A NEW TOY, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING ONE FOR A LONG TIME,THEN I DID I CANT PUT IT DOWN. I AM LUCKY WITH THE FREE BOOKS AS THERE ARE MANY I ENJOY SO THAT IS A BONUS.
I WILL GET ROUND TO DOWN LOADING WHEN I HAVE GOT THE FEEL OF IT.I BOUGHT A MAINS CHARGER FOR USE ON HOLIDAY AND I BOUGHT A WALLET AS WELL.ALL IN ALL A VERY GOOD BUY SHOULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO

4.0 out of 5 stars Great E-Reader, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
The problems I have with the kobo:
1) My dog sheds. Sometimes hairs float on the screen and turn the page. But it's alright because page turns count for Achievements.
2) Sometimes it will not turn on. Meh. It's fallen a few times so I attribute that problem to that.
3) I will they would implement pulse on the Kobo Touch.

What I like:
1) Achievements and stats. It's caused me to read at varied times, read longer, buy more books. If it is a marketing ploy, it worked.
2) Size. Fits in my back pocket.
3) When it turns on/goes to sleep, you can have cute little kobo faces or the book cover. I like it more.
4) The Home screen is nice looking.

Besides those points it is a normal e-reader that does everything else an e-reader does.

1.0 out of 5 stars no return policy with software defect, July 2, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Do not Do not buy this product.
Kobo has no return policy. once opened, it you have no way return.
if you want just simple ebook reader it might be useful.
do not open any PDF cuz you can't read any word and it will freeeze.

call customer company and they will ask you to reset. yea... it only will help for fewdays..

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
Don't Buy from them! Horrible customer service. Never got my book or money or emails answered. They lied and lied. Use amazon download the kindle app for you desktop or phone you won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible device - steer clear, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I bought this device a while back hoping it would be one of the better big name eReaders available as at the time it was the cheapest and being backed by Borders. Unfortunately, this is a mistake on Borders' part because this is just another cheap knockoff product.

Pros:
- It's light weight
- Few buttons
- Simple

Cons:
- Slow
- Poorly designed user interface
- Claims to read ePub format, but this is only partially true
- Slow
- Terrible support
- Terrible software
- Terrible return policy
- Limited capabilities
- Did I mention slow?

At the time I purchased it, the big name eReaders were $260+ while this one was $140. Now you can get a Wifi Kindle for $140 or a nook for $150. The price advantage is blown away by devices that have superior performance, support, and capabilities.

My ticket with Kobo concerning a problem with the device has, to this day, gone unanswered after 6 months. It has been made obvious to me that it will remain unanswered as it is now closed. I Updated the ticket for the first couple of months with various bits of information, including a description of the problem, the expected behavior, how to reproduce the problem, and provided the ISBN of the book they can use for testing. The book is unreadable on my device, yet it is in a claimed supported format: non-DRM ePub. Many people have experienced problems with various ePub books not showing charts, images, book covers, and other things correctly. Don't even bother converting to PDF because the PDF reader is highly unintuitive and nearly impossible to use effectively.

I would recommend getting a Kindle. If you don't like the Kindle, consider the nook. I hate Sony and avoid their products, but I would recommend their eReaders before recommending the Kobo.

1.0 out of 5 stars too many problems with screen, April 12, 2011
This review is from: Kobo Wifi eReader (Electronics)
I bought the kobo ereader for my son, 14. We have now returned the ereader once to borders and twice to Kobo. The screen keeps glitching out and breaks, it lasted for only a couple months at a time and is too slow at loading up. Over all I don't think it is worth the money, just buy a Kindle.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›