4.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Published on May 24, 2012 by oilwells

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't Install Anything - From Google Play
If you are thinking about buying this to use applications like Kindle, then look elsewhere. With the Chinese chipset, Google Play always sees this as in China and you are not able to install a lot of applications. Though there may be a way to fix this, I don't know, I would not recommend it for anyone who wants to get this for someone as an easy to use device...
Published on May 15, 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, May 24, 2012
This review is from: Kocaso M760W 7" Android 4.0 Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet (Personal Computers)
This is a well-made 7" Android tablet, running ICS. Was up and running straight out of the box. Screen quality is good (bright and clear), viewing angle is a little limited but that only concerns the person looking over your shoulder. Typing is as easy as on an ipad. Wifi connectivity was a breeze. Web surfing is not as quick or as slick as my ipad, but I could buy 4 of these for what I paid for the ipad. Flash works just fIne. Comes with all the apps you will need to get started - email, web browser, google maps, access to the full android market, Skype and so on. Comes with a neat carry "purse".

So, what's not to like?
Many apps will not install (device not compatible, country not acceptable etc) but I could always find equivalent apps that would install. For example, Textfree would not install but Text2me did. All the games I tried, install just fine. There are workarounds from the Android community to bypass these install restrictions (same Issues exist with some name brands) but the available apps are plenty for me.

Skype works fine but the camera quality is poor, as is the video streaming frame-rate. This is not a video conferencing device.

There's no website for support. I suspect Kocaso is just a brand name for this tablet and not a company as such. Only a potential issue if you wanted to migrate to a future Android release. This tablet uses Ice Cream Sandwich which is very stable.

There's no community of Kocaso owners that I could find. Perhaps they will start to appear - these tablets are selling well.

Battery drains very quickly with wifi running and accessing graphic-intensive websites. Watching movies with wifi off - it lasted through 2 movies.

I'm a happy Android tablet owner.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't Install Anything - From Google Play, May 15, 2012
Amazon Customer "Gigabyte71" (Monticello, GA United States) - See all my reviews

UPDATE: Let me be clear here, the device was nice for the price. But I wanted something super easy for a mother's day present. If I was buying it for myself, I would have kept it and been fine with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars buyer beware....i wouldnt have even give this one star if i could have, August 25, 2012
Kocaso M760W 12GHz 4GB 7 Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet Android 40 Ice Cream Sandwhich w HDMI Camera More!

the above mentioned tablet is pretty bad... i have had to send mine back 3 times due to a manufacturing defect. that said defects goes like this... if you play any tap games...your battery will run down pretty quickly.. most of the time normal people plug their device in and keep on playing..the three tablets i have used while plugged in cause the touchscreen to read funny like you will be typing on the onscreen keypad and you hit the letter L and it types LZZASZAZZAZA (literally) i got mine from a store called Amazing Deal (only an Amazon Storefront) they have been pretty good to me about replacing the tablets because of their defects, but i have noticed one thing about my tablet and the pictures an video reviews online of the same product, things are missing on mine, extra SD card slot, the speaker online is two parallel lines- on my device its one line, online pictures i have seen so far have NO buttons on the side for navigation, the navigation is all touch screen, mine has hardware buttons and touchscreen buttons. i paid 100$ approx for mine and for the price of two of these tablets (199$) a person can buy the 8 GB ASUS Nexus 7 from Google that was MADE for Google play. Or you can go to Wal Mart and get the 16GB (no shipping costs) for 250$ you can also charge the nexus with any micro usb charger, which is standard for most phones now...

2.0 out of 5 stars Many apps not available, June 20, 2012
Many apps will not install because the device is not compatible or the country not acceptable. It was important for me to use Netflix and that wasn't available in the market due to the country issue. I could not find a way to switch the country so I sent it back (have no idea which country it's set to). It would have been a nice tablet if country issue was resolved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Features at a cheap price., May 28, 2012
I've had my tablet for about two weeks now. Everything performs well. I have not installed many apps yet but ones that I have work great. I've used it to watch HD movies on my lunch break at work and the screen is beautiful. I highly recommend this product for anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk., June 29, 2012
This tablet (which also appears to go by the product number M760) is terrible. It runs ICS, but the CPU can't handle it. Games and internet browsing lag terribly. The resolution is horrific. I own another tablet with a 800 x 480 resolution which looks far better, so I'm guessing that ICS isn't optimized for this resolution. The tablet's physical construction is really bad. The edges of the screen are covered by the plastic bezel and are unusable. The touchscreen itself is pathetically bad. The calibration seems a bit off, and the corners and edges of the screen seem to be dead zones. Occasionally, the screen flips out, making me hold the power button to force it to shut down. When you press the buttons on the face of the tablet or press the back of the tablet in too hard the screen flexes. On the software front, the included Play Store doesn't have access to most apps out there, but you can get them via third-party markets (1mobile, Amazon, etc). Still, the tablet is advertised as having the full Play Store, so I'm unhappy that others could be fooled into buying this. The included carrying case is OK, the speaker is decent, and the buttons on the tablet are designed and work well, but those are the only positives I can think of with this. Avoid this at all costs.

One last note: Kocaso's website is hilarious. It brings you to a picture with their logo on it. No links, no way to contact the company, etc. Just a picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, June 9, 2013
Not sure why so many people are unhappy with this tablet... I've had no issues with it so far. Screen quality is nice, and for any apps that don't install, you can just side load them. You get what you pay for, and if you know something about android, thus tablet will suit you just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible low quality crap, June 14, 2012
I bought one of this first. When I received it the touch screen was unresponsive at times and then super over-responsive and was typing crazy all over the place. I sent it back for an exchange. The second one I got just didn't boot up past the "ANDROID" loading screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entry level tablet, May 16, 2013
I knew I wanted to buy a tablet, but I didnt feel like spending a fortune on one since I wasnt sure how much I would use it. I am very happy with this one, its the perfect size for my hands and the screen is really crisp and clear.