Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

on August 22, 2012
I bought an Acer Iconia 10.1 when they first came out and returned it because it was a little glitchy and not as responsive as I would like for a $450 piece of machinery...

I bought this Kocaso 10.1 for $130, and I was blown away. I'm not saying that it's the best, but for the price, you get much more than you pay for. There are many shortcomings, but it truly serves its purpose.

While it's not the slimmest, it is light enough that I can toss it in my purse.
Responsive screen and decent processor speed (unless I'm doing some serious multi-tasking, then there's a huge lag).
Full size USB port, HDMI port, micro SD slot, volume rocker, wi-fi, front camera (only), speakers, Android market, lots of internal storage.
It came with it's own case that allows it to be propped it up.
Fair battery life. My first day with it, I did a battery test of continuous use, and it lasted longer than I could (9 hours straight).
It feels solid, and because it was so cheap, I really don't have to worry about losing or breaking an expensive tablet.

(There are some quirks to it, that just don't make any sense to me...)
There is no Bluetooth or GPS capability.
There is a regular USB port and another port labelled "USB", but I've tried USB Types A & B: regular, micro & mini, and NONE fit!!
As far as I can tell with this model, charging via USB is impossible, which sucks bc I can't charge in the car (I don't know why the designers didn't just allow that since the ports are already there...instead they inserted another barrel port for charging).
The screen isn't HD or crystal clear and has faint grid lines (come on, it's only $100!), but I watched Netflix in bed and read a book in the afternoon at a park.
The case muffles the speaker and covers the front-facing camera.

There isn't any support or online help, so you're on your own (I suggest 3rd party extended warranty which was only $30).
The battery already doesn't last as long as day 1, and it's only been 3 weeks (it lasts 3.5 hours with continuous use now).
When the battery is at 30% or less, it just shuts off without warning.
A handful of apps in the Android market are "not compatible with this device", including Yelp, Amazon market, Groupon, Trulia,, Kindle-magazines, etc. (Still a lot of apps are compatible, and I have over 50, including Ebay, Kindle-books, Chrome, Dropbox, etc).
When I try to tether via USB with my phone, it spazzes out, and I have to reboot.

I absolutely do not regret this purchase, despite the bad and ugly portions of this critique. I think it's a smart buy and would make a great gift. I use it daily as a student, and it has all of my college textbooks (and music) on it so I can sneak in study time wherever I go. A lot of my classmates are rushing to buy one, because for the price of an e-reader, you get so much more!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2012
I have owned this underdog of a tablet for two months now and I'm very pleased.

* Big 10" screen with gorgeous display
* Capacitative touchscreen
* Fast surfing
* HDMI output and expandable memory to 32gb
* Google Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
* Unbelievable bargain for all the latest features

* There are no cases that are made to fit this well
* Charging takes much longer than other tablets

This is my tablet for reading/surfing in bed. I could not ask for more at this great price. My other tablet is an ASUS Transformer for the living room. I have a bargain media PC for my 60" TV , as well as a Desktop PC. I love gadgets.
Both of my pads are Wi-Fi only and when away from home can be tethered (for no extra data plan fee) to my iPhone with PDAnet app (from Cydia for jail broken iPhones).
I am now the proud owner of two tablets for less than the cost of a single IPad that doesn't work with Flash player.
on August 10, 2012
I'm not sure why so much frustration from one of the reviews, but personally, I LOVE it!!! I got this tablet because they could no longer carry the Zennithink C9 tablet, so I was a little disappointed when I saw that they had sent me the wrong tablet and I would have to return it, etc. Well, that was until I turned it on and gave it one hell of a test drive. I checked everything out and let me tell you that this is a well-put-together tablet. It feels sturdy and looks great. It is fast! Streams Netflix nicely, good sound and the picture is very high quality. And yes, it is absolutely Google-ready with the Google Play app ready to go, plus they included tons of apps with it. I know people who have an iPad that cost 5X's more than what I paid and I can do more with this inexpensive tablet than they can, because I am not limited to running only apps that run on the Mac System. Besides the fact that it is not American-made, I am happy with it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
This is a good choice for a budget Android slate for the following reasons: 1. It runs the full version of Android 4.0 ICS. 2. It uses the (much) better Captactive multi-point touch screen 3. It has a full gig of DDR3 RAM 4. It has a 10" screen. 5. It has full access to Google Play. Many Androids in this price range use older versions of Android, "responsive" screens that require a stylus, less RAM, and don't have access to Google Play. The device has good build quality and is stable in my experience. It runs all the apps I've downloaded smoothly, including 3D games. It streams video flawlessly, and there is no issue at all with wifi connections. Battery-life thus far has not been an issue. It has an HDMI out port that I've not used yet. Now, this is a sub $200 Android slate and there will be some concessions. It only has a front-facing camera, and it's woeful. The screen resolution cheats the vertical pixel count by 100+ pixels - 600 vertical pixels vs. 700+ on most other 10" devices. (That said - movies, games, icons, text all look fine to my eye). It uses a good but semi-outdated single core processor, so you may want to manage how many apps you have running simultaneously. It doesn't vibrate. It has to be charged via a power outlet or a car adapter, not via a USB connection. It has a small amount of internal SD space (I think around 5 gig on mine) - plenty for apps, but you'll want to store your media on an external microSD card, which can be up to 32 gig. It also has two thumb drive ports. I'm giving this five stars because I think the manufacturer was smart about how they delivered a solid sub-$200, 10" Android slate to market with only a few minor concessions to the end-user. It's a good value if one of your requirements is the larger 10" screen size.
on November 11, 2012
This is our first tablet and I'm not sure what I expected. It can cruise the internet (slower than expected even with a new N wireless outer), view youtube through a special youtube browser and play simple games. I havnt been able to get Netfix to work on it yet. Also the Android marketplace is huge with lots of free stuff. On the down side it registers wrong finger inputs when it is being recharged, craps out occasionally (I assume from overheating) and is fairly slow. The on board camera is kind of crappy by the way and should be avoided, it only faces the tablet screen side too. This tablet is great at being able to access the internet anywhere within router range but using it is kind of like having a small 12 year old computer.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2012
It wasnt a major brand, but it definately has a lot to offer. An IT nerd (good friend) recommended it to me and the screen quality is great, I forget its a tablet. A lot of the specs exceed the other major brands. I had an "HD reader" and it pales in comparason and use. This is an excellent choice.
on November 26, 2012
Very happy for the price I paid. Responsive screen. Large number of apps that are compatible. The only issues thus far is the occasionally slow wi-fi and battery life (like everything else electronic). Definitely recommend it!
on May 9, 2014
I like this product I have had several different model 2012, 2013 and 2014 has been fantastic. I had to send one back on a Monday and had a new one on Wednesday; I had a problem with one, come to find out user error! Seems if you do not read the instructions first it can create a problem later, Fast support, that mean something to me; Just make sure that i read from now on;
My Granddaughter has a 500 tablet and has to hook up to the internet to watch movies put pictures on other computers of ours; I will stick with android (Freeware ones sell that make their money by suing other to stay in business, and do not like android product but are willing to use some android products which is free ware but do not want others to share there software some let others do the work for free and use some of the software but do not like to share what they build go figure so I will stay with Koscaso android which reflects the price of using FREE software or spend more for a product that does the same as android jus a lot more money
on November 27, 2012
I really like this tablet. No problems, works fine. Apps easy to access. It is every thing I wanted in a tablet.
on March 9, 2013
This tablet is the best that I have used so far. If I had to I would buy another one just like this one.