2 Kodak MAX 35mm Single Use Cameras with Flash
Price:$18.70 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I have used these cameras many times on vacation and the pictures really DID come out fairly well! Oh, sure, the quality of the pictures won't be 100% as good as the pictures you would get from a digital camera or a standard, more expensive and more professional 35 mm camera. The pictures may at times be very slightly grainy but they provide excellent records and memories of my experiences.

Each camera is also very lightweight so you can carry several at a time in a bag as you travel. I especially like the built in flash that is easy to use (just push a button in the back of the camera and after 10 seconds or so the flash is ready). I remember my mother's Kodak Instamatic camera from the 1960s when if your flash cube had been used (after only four pictures) you were out of luck unless you had another flash cube. No such problem here! Thank goodness!

One cautionary note, however: Amazon correctly notes that the best flash range is when you're taking pictures of people or things between 4 feet and 14 feet away. Remember that to get the best use out of the flash!

The camera is a single use camera; this means that after you use it you take the entire camera to the place where you can get film developed and they will take care of the rest. No worrying about whether or not you removed the roll of film negatives correctly without exposing them to too much light. The Kodak "MAX" 800 film speed also makes it useful for taking pictures under a wide variety of lighting situations! You get 27 exposures, not just 24--a nice plus! SMILE

Overall, this is an excellent camera for the many, many people who want to travel light or who are on a budget. It is compact and easy to carry; keep one in the glove compartment of your car just in case there's an accident and you need to take pictures of the scene. The camera is also affordable. I give it four stars instead of five simply because the picture quality just isn't the very best although for most people like me the pictures it takes are fine. Thank you, Kodak!
on March 21, 2010
I have used many cameras in the life, Cinemaster II for single 8, double 8, 126, 110, Disc, 35mm, but I always went back to my 110 camera because it gave me great picture quality, good real color and perfect lighting.
I was going to take a vacation to Disneyland and California Adventure, when I realized that you could no longer have 110 film developed anymore. I even called the Kodak Film Shop in Disneyland and they were closing and no longer developing film there.
I always think of Amazon.com, so thru my searching on Amazon, I found the Kodak Max 35mm Single use Cameras with Flash (2 pack). Now first of all you get 2 light-weight cameras in one package. Each camera allows 27 pictures each. That's 54 pictures in all. Each camera contains already inside an 800 Speed 35mm film.
My first time using the camera, the instructions were very simple. Just turn the little wheel. Put the back of the camera up to your face so that you are looking through the viewfinder with one eye. Hold and steady the camera at your subject. With the finger of your left hand, press that little indented circle with the purple lightning bolt. The automatic flash will go off.
Horray! You did it. You made a picture. Now turn that little wheel gently until it stops on the next number. You are ready to take another picture. The one-touch flash will automatically recharge.
Sorry, for the elementary instructions, but their is a first time for everyone. I always keep the foil-like wrapper and put the camera back in it and back in the original box in my camera case for extra protection. Do not get your camera wet.
When you are done taking 27 pictures. Do NOT attempt to open the camera. You will over-expose the film and it will destroy your pictures. Unless you are a professional in the photo darkroom.
When you are ready to have the film developed, just put the entire unopened camera in the developing envelope (not included) with your personal info written on it.

***Hint: I always put a return address sticker on my camera before putting it in the envelope.

I never have my pictures developed by a department store (like W) because they have the right to refuse to print your photos and they also look at them.

I have used a trusty film developing-by-mail company for almost 30 years and never had any trouble with them. I even get credit coupons for each photo that doesn't develop well. I use the credit coupons on the next order or save them up for an almost free development.
You know, I did not have the film developed for over 1 year and a half. It was past the expiration date.
The pictures still came out wonderful. I did think the flash was too much and made the pictures look too bright, but you can always cover the flash when taking pictures outside.
All in all, I was pleased with the 2 Kodak Max 35mm Single use Cameras. I would buy them again through Amazon.com.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 28, 2013
2 Kodak MAX 35mm Single Use Cameras with Flash

Note: Please read my full review and followups regarding this purchase. While the product in question may have been defective, the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, made good on their 100% money back guarantee. My 2 star rating is the rating I gave the cameras, and not Mel Pierce Camera.

I ordered 4 packages of these Kodak cameras -- a total of 8 cameras -- for our grandkids and us to take to Disney World next month. I placed the order last Friday and they arrived today, somewhat ahead of their scheduled delivery date.

However, when I unpacked the cameras and examined them I noticed on the bottom that they have a "develop before 08/2013" meaning they are already past their develop by date. I contacted Amazon to see what was going on and they put me in contact with the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, out of California. I talked to an associate by the name of Cameron(sp?) who ensured me that the film was still good and that they guarantee their film for a year beyond the date of sale or they would give me a refund. That's fine but what do you do about all those memories you hoped to capture on your vacation.

Cameron also insisted that it clearly said on the web site what the develop by date was for the cameras, but I checked and re-checked the Amazon description and could find nothing which gave the develop by date or anything which suggested the cameras and film were past their date. What the description did say was that this product was NEW. Clearly this film is NOT new if its already past the develop by date when it sold.

I know a lot of film can still be good beyond its date, but not sure I want to take that chance. I suspect this is the reason the film/cameras were about half the price one would find at Wallyworld or other places like Walgreens and CVS which sell the exact same product. Debating whether or not to return.

Will post a followup review and update my rating once I have more information to share.

UPDATE UPDATE Sunday Sept. 1, 2013: Today I decided to see how well these cameras worked rather than wait and use them on our vacation next month in Disney World with our grand kids; so I took one of the 8 out of the pack and took 27 pictures in and around my home. I took most pictures outdoors -- it was partly cloudy/sunny, which should have been ideal weather conditions for taking photos outside, but also took several photos indoors to see how well the camera would function using its built-in flash. Then I had them developed at a local chain drug store where we have taken many of our photos for developing over the past several years with good results.

The pictures were horrible, all 27 came out a very dark gray, almost as if they were taken during a rain storm or light fog but it was relatively bright out; furthermore they lacked color -- totally washed out, were on the blurry side with almost no sharpness of detail. Just really bad pictures. And the pictures indoors were no different from the pictures taken outside. The flash worked but the pictures came out the same, dark gray, no color, and no sharpness. I shudder to think what we would have been stuck with had we waited and taken them to Disney next month.

I contacted Amazon this afternoon right after I got the film developed and told them what I had done and indicated I wanted to return the remaining cameras for a full refund. They contacted the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, and indicated the seller should contact me within the next 48 hours to arrange a return. We will see how it goes. I am confident Amazon will make good on what it sells -- they always have and is one of the main reasons why I shop there. But now I am back in the market for some single use cameras that hopefully will not be past their develop by date as these were.

FINAL UPDATE:Sept. 5, 2013. As Amazon promised, the seller, Mel Pierce Camera, contacted me within 48 hours. In fact I received an e-mail from an employee of Mel Pierce Camera who goes by the name of Jim R. who not only offered me a full refund, but because of my bad experience with the Kodak single use camera in question, offered me a 10% discount on any future purchase from them in addition to a full refund and said I could keep the remaining 7 cameras.

I am also happy to report that within hours of receiving their e-mail, the purchase amount I paid, had already been fully credited to my credit card account. I consider this outstanding service on the part of Mel Pierce Camera, and would not hesitate to do business with them again. Its just really nice to know there are still company's out there who treat their customers right.

Thank you both Mel Pierce Camera and Amazon.
on June 26, 2008
I have a digital camera now, but for years I used these exclusively - mostly on trips. My camera is in the shop, so I've reached into my bag of single-use cameras with a few exposures left on them.

With these new shots, I've finally gotten around to developing images I took up to 3 years ago, and I'm amazed at how nice the images are. I'm even more surprised at how well the colors have held up after sitting in a drawer all this time. The flash even still worked on some cameras that I bought in 2005.

I love my digital camera, but I'm going back to single-use for situations/settings where I'd rather not take the digital one.
on December 16, 2013
It's so tough to get disposable cameras for cheap in the real world, so I was pleasantly surprised to see them online for such a great price! However, I was disappointed to see that the cameras I received had already expired. Because I needed the cameras that day, I did not return them, but I would hesitate to buy from this seller again. Once the photos are developed, I'll know for sure if the expiration date is a deal-breaker. But I would say to those that are hypnotized by the great price, use caution.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Despite all the numerous electronic devices that we have all seen become available to the everyday individual in recent years, I would honestly have to say that the disposable / one-time use 35mm camera is notably one of the best invention(s) of the last umpteen years. This Kodak Max 35mm Flash One-Time Use camera most definitely serves it's intended purpose very well. In fact, these disposable cameras work so well (for me, personally) that I have made the decision to - not move up to using a digital camera (for now). Reason is simply: I have had better-than-expected results in the long run from this + the Fuji-film 27 exposure 800-speed disposable camera. I am very pleased with the quality of photos that I've taken of friend's get-together, visiting a tourist attraction and especially live concerts. Downside is the ca$h you need to dole out for these disposable cameras - at stores (that even) still carry them like Walmart, Kmart, Hy-Vee, Price Chopper, etc. Plus, of course the processing & printing. Nonetheless, highly recommended.
on January 3, 2004
I bought one of these 2 Camera packs a few years ago. They were easy to use, the Flash worked everytime. The results produced nice Colorful Clear shots.
I recommend these to anyone heading out with friends.
Not sure if Kodak still manufacture these camera's though.
on January 15, 2014
Bought these for my 83 year old Mom, who hates new complicated things. Perfect for taking Christmas photos & easy for her to manipulate.
on July 30, 2013
Recently had a 90's themed birthday party and wanted to institute a "No Cell Phone unless it is a Nokia with SNAKE on it" rule. Of course, the question of how we would take pictures came along. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a few of these (they even had the flash!) Worked perfectly. Now, if I can just remember to drop them off to be developed... ;-)
on March 23, 2014
I have used Kodak disposable cameras many times and have always been satisfied with the quality of the pictures. These cameras were delivered promptly and appear to be all right, but are a year and a half past the expiration date on the cameras. I am concerned that the pictures may not have good quality and the film may not even be able to take pictures.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations