Kodak C1530 Digital Camera (Red)
Color Name: RedChange
Price:$119.95 - $183.99

Color Name: Red
Arrived promptly, well packaged. No missing parts. Nothing broken nor scratched.

I wanted a decent, cheap camera with a video function. Something that I could put in my pocket, leave in the Jeep and not be too distressed if it was stolen or broken. This camera, for the price, does a good job. Other reviewers have done an excellent job of combing over every detail so I will not repeat.

For $50, it's going to be hard to find a camera that offers more than this one. So, although it is not perfect nor the best, the features for the price get this item 5 stars.

I hope this video will give you an idea of what the camera looks like and some of its functions. Due to the length, I had to minimize the file size. I hope the detail is acceptable.

For best viewing, click Full Screen, the X in the lower right hand corner, after the video starts.

Thanks.

If you want to see how this camera takes basic video in the lowest format(I had Movie Maker downgrade the video for Amazon review) use this Amazon link for my review of Wigwam socks: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1NZKNHDK8CQ6W/ref=cm_cr_rdp_per

►Update◄

I ordered in early May, it is now Sept 3rd. This camera continues to work well. It has taken some abuse being in my Jeep. I have put groceries on it, it hits the floor when I put on the brakes too fast and sometimes I leave the Jeep sitting in the sun. It has survived a 7 year old playing with it. I have dropped it more than once. I like using AA batteries.

If there is one issue, and it's not a biggie, is that sometimes I must press the shutter button several times to get clear details on a closeup. Even my Canon SX50, Powershot and Lumix cameras have this issue....so, no problem, just the only negative I have noticed.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 6, 2011
Color Name: White
I wanted a cheap, working, point and shoot camera with better quality than my old cell phone, and it works for that. Aside from adjusting the exposure you may be frustrated with some of the seemingly technical options; white balance only has presets, and if you don't want auto focus your only alternatives are macro and infinity - no manual! There is a simple mode and a "program" mode with more options, but the camera always defaults to the simple mode when you turn it on.

Focus has been the most frustrating thing for me, because with night shots or close-ups, the combination of auto-focus with the motion of my hand pressing the button makes everything blurry every time. I've gotten around this by using the 2-second timer and holding the camera still after I press the button. If that sounds terrible, avoid this camera.

Picture quality is decent. It's not the 90s anymore and you could probably say that about any similar consumer grade camera. 14 megapixels seems like a lot less when you zoom all the way in, but close-ups turn out well (when you get them in focus). Video is 640x480 and again, this isn't amazing, but I'd pick this over any old video camera simply because it doesn't record the sound of a videotape motor (plus digitizing tapes is boring and expensive).

Does not come with a memory card, has a tiny amount of internal memory. You can spend anything from $10-$100 depending on how much you want. I got 4 GB for $10.

The Kodak software - which is not included, you have to download it - is pointless. The camera doesn't show up as a usb volume on Mac, but it works fine with ImageCapture, so you can install nothing, get the photos, and get on with your life.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 28, 2012
What I needed:

- A camera that would take good quality pictures for site surveys (Information Systems), I take pictures of building layouts, network closets, server racks, etc.
- Needed to take AA Batteries, I keep this in my tool box and don't ever want to worry about whether or not my camera specific battery is charged. I always keep my toolbox stocked with charged Eneloop batteries and the ability to use those was a must.
- Needed to take standard SDHC memory card
- Needed to be relatively small
- Needed to be able to take pictures in low light situations

How does this camera do with the above needs:
- I have been able to take decent pictures, I have not had near as much issue with blurry images as I had with my last Sony camera, however I would not use this camera to get crisp shots of moving targets. Some pictures have come out clean and crisp, yet others would leave a little to be desired. (They DO work for my needs)
- Low light situations are better than I have experienced with some other cameras, however due to the lower shutter speed you have to make sure you hold the camera very still or you will get blurry pictures ... I think this is pretty normal though. The flash works very well, however if too close to an object you can expect some white out.
- I was able to take pictures during the day of moving cars outside my porch (40mph speed limit) ... I was able to get good crisp pictures of those moving vehicals during the day, at night they were blurry. The flip side of this token is that taking pictures of still objects at very close range has tended to have a little bit of a blurry outcome (still usable for my purpose, however not as crisp as they could be)

- The rechargeable Eneloop AA batteries have worked very good in this camera, able to take plenty of pictures with flash between changes of batteries. I have not tracked how many with / without flash, I will monitor that and post an update at another time. (To be safe, I always keep 2 sets of batteries in my tool box in addition to the set inside the camera)
- The size is perfect, it's very compact, but it has a very large view screen on the back which comes in very handy when making sure I have good pictures.
- Works very well with my Transcend 8GB Class 6 memory card, very fast writes to memory.

Overall, I like this camera, it meets my needs, and I have no buyers remorse... If you are looking for a camera that is going to take great family photos that you want to post on FB and print out for greeting cards, you might want to look elsewhere.

Additional note, I got mine "used" from Amazon Warehouse in "Very Good" condition --- Could not tell that it was not new.

** This review was modified from 5 stars to 4 stars on 4/11/12 due to pictures not turning out quite as I would have hoped as I continued using the camera, I have also updated the above review texts to take this into account. Initially I was more impressed, however I still do not regret the purchase. **
on November 19, 2011
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
This camera is easy to operate and takes wonderful pictures. The sharing features make it easy to share pictures in the social media sites and to print pictures and do special projects with uploaded pictures.
on May 13, 2013
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
The camera itself is very nice, easy to hold, easy to shoot. I did have a problem with it which is probably an issue only with this particular camera, not all Kodak cameras. However, the download to be able to share your photos through the computer did not work, and the EasyShare cameras from Kodak are not supported any longer. I was not able to go online and get a download. Because I needed the camera for my part-time work, and that work included being able to download photos to a website, I could not use the camera. Amazon, however, was very generous in refunding the purchase price of this item.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Love it! It's perfect for carrying in my purse as it takes little room and it is there for those "Kodak Moments" when I need it. Love my Kodak Z981 even more, but it's large enough that I have to carry it separately - and do just that when I know I'm going to be taking pictures.
on January 14, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
For the price, it's a good value. It's small enough to fit in a pocket, doesn't take special batteries that can be hard to find, and reads chips much faster the Kodak Z740 that I had previous. Battery life is within the acceptable range, and since it takes two AA batteries, it's easy to haul extra. Picture quality is pretty good for a point and shoot. Took me a while to figure out how some of the features worked. Still not a fan of how pictures are uploaded to the computer, although the load to facebook an flickr is seamless. I got it as an interim camera to use until I can get the DSLR I want but will probably continue to use it both because it's so easy to stick in a pocket and carry with everywhere, and to help frame pictures with the bigger camera.
on November 8, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Great camera. I had an older version of the same model but it was a bit too bulky for me to carry around in my uniform. I saw that the new model was sleeker and was very affordable. Highly recommend it as it takes great pictures.
on October 31, 2011
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
The Camera is good enough for the price, not the best pictures in the world, but great quality anyway.

Price-Quality is great.

One of the pros, is that the camera in really simply to use, even when it has lots of options. Screen is great, battery life is great.
on October 27, 2011
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
Got this for parents - digital newbies...easy to use..
Great Quality.

Would have gotten 5 stars if some of the buttons were a bit bigger or easier to push in.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations