Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon January 29, 2005
I tried several cameras on a recent dive trip, including a Kodak and a Fuji disposable waterproof camera.

Neither camera has a flash, which means that everything will come out in shades of blue under water unless you bring your own light.

Neither camera leaked, which gave them an edge over more expensive "professional" cameras on this trip.

Both the Kodak and Fuji look very similar with a sealed plastic case (with slight positive buoyancy) and thick rubberbands for securing to a wrist or clipping to a BCD.

I have to give the edge to the Fuji in terms of both design and results. The Fuji was easier to wind and to snap shots with and the pictures came out sharper. The 800 film in the Kodak produced shots that were way too grainy.
0Comment|201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2003
This camera looks really good and promising. Although Kodak says it could down to 50ft, the camera itself has the phrase "max 35ft or 10m" written on it. But we reached 60ft and nothing happened to it. It didn't break or leak! It also is a little bit buoyant, which means it won't sink if dropped, instead it will ascend.
It has two disadvantages; the first is its lack to a flash. There isn't much sunlight under 35ft of sea water and so the photos turned out a little too dark and bluish. After color correction the photos turned so pale and spotted. The pictures taken above 20ft were awesome. The second disadvantage is that the camera's eye lens it too small for someone who is wearing a diving mask (goggle).
The camera doesn't lose its color to the eye even under 60ft since it is blue. And it has a place where a rope or a nylon tape can be tied to it so it can be attached to the diving jacket (BCD).
It is not perfect, but it's the best.
55 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2003
My wife and I bought this camera at the last minute to take with us to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We went snorkeling in Molikini (who hasn't?) and I have to say 3 things about this camera that have been mentioned already but need to be taken into serious consideration.
1. Price - A $10 waterproof disposable camera is very reasonable. I think for the price this camera is everything it is suppossed to be. The charter we went on the snorkeling trip with was renting $400 cameras with all the bells and whistles for $20 and $10 per roll of film.
2. Flash - For a snorkeling trip, and staying close to the surface I have to say this camera didn't do too bad. The colors were a bit blueish but nothing that I can't live with. As far as my 25 foot dive down to a turtle to get a picture, I shouldn't have wasted the picture, it is dark and blurry without a flash.
3. Eye Piece - This is a big pain to use with goggles. I eventually stopped trying to aim and just started snapping pictures. I would have to say that to be able to take clear photos underwater this camera needs a bigger eye piece.
Overall I was satisfied with this camera but to tell you the truth I wish I would have rented the camera from the boat with the flash (if only for the picture of me and a giant turtle).
on August 19, 2003
I used 2 of these cameras on vacation in Aruba. I took one down to 85ft with no problems. There is no flash so you better have great visibility or there will be no pictures. The camera is bouyant so you also need to use the rubber band tether that comes with it. I did not put it in my BC pocket for fear that it would come out and rush to the surface. But it was fine on my wrist.
on August 29, 2006
I work at a professional photofinishing lab, and I can attest to the quality of the film inside this camera. The Kodak Water & Sport camera provides excellent results both in and out of the water. It performs comparably to the Kodak HQ Max Versatility camera; it produces a high-quality image in most situations.

There is no flash on the camera (though using a flash underwater can produce unpredictable and sometimes undesirable effects), so do not plan on using it in low-light situations.

Film does not like to get wet, and accidentally dropping your camera in water could mean that all the pictures you just took are lost forever. So even if you don't plan on taking your camera physically underwater on your family boating expedition, you might still want to consider purchasing a Water & Sport camera as insurance against "splash damage".

If you need a flash, or if you plan to take pictures at depths greater than 50 feet, you'll need to consider a professional underwater camera or camera housing.
on March 30, 2003
I recently took this camera on vacation with me to the Cayman Islands. It was wonderful! My pictuers came back clearer than what I had expected them to. The only thing I would change is the shutter button. It is located in the front of the camera and is kind of hard to push. The button is a little okward.
on July 27, 2015
Worthless piece of junk. Bought this for my trip to Australia, meant to take pictures of the Great Barrier Reef. Open it up the day before I leave, and it clearly states "Do not develop if after Sep 2011." Tried to take pictures anyways, the numbers never moved, so thus no pictures were taken. Still brought it in to be developed, just in case... And nothing. No big surprise there.
Spend the extra $5 and buy a new one.
on July 28, 2012
When I had my pictures developed, I opted for a cd. Most land shot looked funny, the underwater ones were kind of dark. I downloaded the pictures to my computer and was able to enhance the pictures myself by playing with the hystogram, color and brightness. Otherwise they wouldn't have been very good.
on June 24, 2005
Made the mistake of taking this camera on a trip to the pool!!Pictures were horrible. Eye Piece is the biggest pain!! DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF JUNK. If you want GREAT, GOOD, WONDERFUL pictures, buy the Fuji Quicksnap camera. Kodak could have done MUCH, MUCH better.
on June 27, 2013
The seller delivered this in excellent fashion. They came timely and were exactly what was promised.

However, they were a waste of money and took the work pictures ever. I bought 4 cameras to take to Hawaii. We were in shallow, clear, and well lit water and the pictures were noisy and out of focus. I do photography on the side so I new to get close to my subject look for clear water and all that stuff. Even the pictures of above the water were terrible. JUNK! Also, in addition, to paying $12 per camera I had to pay WM $10+ per camera for developing. I wish I had just bought a cheap water proof digital camera for that price.