Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 25, 2011
The only reason I'm writing this review is to stop other people from buying Kodak AOI printers. I have the normal amount of patience with electronics and I just threw mine out the back door. My experience with the Kodak AOI printer was as follows. make your own decision. Briefly. The printer immediately demanded a new color ink cart after few pages... maybe 10. When I say it demanded. I mean the printer would not work without the new cart. Rebooting always lead to the red blinking ink light. The printer would not even scan without the new ink cart. It pretty much went on strike.
So I bought another ink cartridge via the amazingly easy Kodak method- The printer automatically gets you to the 28 dollar ink cartriage store faster than you can say "dry suck".
So I bought another ink cartridge.
Then upon placing the new 28 dollar print cartridge into the printer I find the the software has a bug in it and keeps freezing. Anyway la la la. Other things happened the printer took forever. Lost some scans. blah blah blah Kodak tech says need frimware update..... did that.....blah blah blah .. Just take if from a good samaritan middle income white male- Take your ink and run from this debacle of a machine Kodak calls AOI technology.
on October 13, 2011
This is, by far, the worst printer or multi-function I've ever had the displeasure of using. DO NOT BUY this if you plan to print photos even occasionally.
I did desktop publishing for a large office supply chain for years and now work daily with Photoshop as an avid photographer.

1.) It's impossible to calibrate the colors properly. Photo's that print beautifully at drug-store print shops turn out extremely dark & under-exposed on this printer. I usually have to print 3-4 copies (photoshopping it each time in between) to get a decent one.
2.) The wireless was easy to set up but, after a move, has been nothing but a head-ache. After about half a photo is printed it seems to lose the data streaming to it...so it just stops printing and gives you a half-printed photo.

To be fair printing black text is quick and painless. The cost per page would be great...if you didn't have to PRINT THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN just to get an acceptable print.

If it sounds like I'm bitter...I am. I've used Xerox, HP, Lexmark...every printer brand you can imagine. This was my first, and last, Kodak. Never have I seen something perform like this. No wonder it dropped from $199 to under $99 in such a short period of time.

THANK YOU, KODAK, FOR MAKING A PRODUCT SO TERRIBLE IT FORCED ME DISCOVER THE JOY OF GETTING MY PHOTOS PROCESSED AT COSTCO.
on December 30, 2011
Easy to set up and works OK as a scanner, though the scan software is primitive and clumsy. Color print quality is quite poor however, either on plain or photo paper. OK for school projects but useless for photo quality printing.
on April 13, 2016
This printer is infuriating. Same thing other reviewers have said... Wifi works when it wants to and stops when it wants to. Printing in black and white uses both black & white and color ink. We are constantly replacing the ink cartridges even though we print only twice per month or so, and usually on the draft setting. When we do print pictures, the quality is horrible. I'd rather send my pictures online to Target; they ship them right to me and it probably costs less than printing them at home! And what a rip off that you can't print (in black & white) if the color cartridge is out of ink. Cannot wait to replace this with something more cost effective and higher quality.
on December 5, 2010
I bought this printer primarily to save money on ink. I don't print much, almost always in black and white, but my Cannon still drank the color ink cartridge like a drunken sailor. The Kodak is slower, but much quieter. Print quality is very good, and it hasn't smudged a page corner yet like the Cannon did occasionally. Two sided printing is easy. Scanning photos is faster because the software allows scanning more than one pic at a time, and automatically separates the files. I don't use wireless, so that's not a problem. So far, I'm very happy with this purchase.

Sept. 2013: Occasional recent paper jams are annoying. Phantom ink cartridge jams are maddening. Print quality is still very good. I shouldn't be having these problems considering how little I print.
on April 26, 2013
I would not buy this printer again. The cartridges may be cheap, but you'll blow through them like candy. This doesn't make them cheaper.

Problem? To "enhance" blacks, b/w & color cartridges are use to print a b/w document. There is no option to use only b/w cartridge. If the color cartridge is taken out, the printer will not print.

I replaced it with an HP Deskjet1000 (now older) printer. I put only a b/w cartridge in the printer. It ask me each time if I am aware the color cartridge is not installed. I click "ok". My b/w document prints.

If you print mostly b/w documents, look for a printer that gives the b/w only option or that you can at least "fool".

The only thing enhanced is the profit made on cartridges.
on November 11, 2015
This is the worst printer I have ever owned! And that says a lot. The wireless works for a little while and then it doesn't for a long time. And then it does and then it doesn't. This went on for a couple of years. I decided to buy a printer cable and forgo the convenience of wireless printing. That worked the first time I plugged it in. It's been about 2 weeks and now it wont work. "Printer not responding". I'm so sick of seeing that! I do everything the help section tells me to do. I've reinstalled everything multiple times, etc, etc, etc. Nothing! And on top of that, the ink is expensive and runs out quickly. And don't try to print in black if your color cartridge is low, but you have plenty of black left. It wont let you. Never going to buy a Kodak printer again!
on April 13, 2012
Kodak-ESP-7250
Bought it, I am really very sorry to say that " Kodak-ESP-7250 " is turned out to be very expensive machine based on its usage. I would not recommend to buy based on the following issue.
Major Problem
1- If black ink cartridge consumed but color ink is full - " IT DOES NOT PRINT "
1- If colr ink cartridge consumed but black ink is full - " IT DOES NOT PRINT "

Kodak: Must provide "Ignore" to let the printer to print even with low quality.

Wrote to Kodak, but very non-professional answer received " because printer uses a combination of color and black ink so it does not allow to print...bla bla bla ". I am trying to print a letter (draft mode), absolutely black ink is required (and black ink is full) why should I worry about grey. The printer shoudl but it "Does Not" print.
No "Ignore" option to give a user continue to prnting... Mostly printers like HP provides this option and I am really happy with it for years.
It just a money eater machine.
I expect same issues with Kodak Models. Will never go for any Kodak model unless they resolve and save customer money.
ALWAYS buy a printer if it allows to print with "ignore" if either one is out of ink.
on June 3, 2011
I've had this product for about a year and am very dissappointed with the length of time that the ink cartridge lasts. I only do occasional printing and feel as if I am constantly replacing ink. Worst part is, is that we got this printer because it was supposed to be more affordable for ink. I had an Epson while I was in school and printing quite a bit more and didn't go through ink at this rate... oh well, but would like to share that. Another note is that the wireless setup is both a little tricky and time consuming. If the wireless connection is lost, and you are in a hurry, better just plug it in to the usb, rather than waiting for the printer to establish a connection. Figuring out how to actually do the wireless printing was tricky, but we got it in the end-- you have to select the correct printer, but the name of it wasn't obvious at first. OH, and don't plan on keeping the printer too far from the wireless router, or it will not pick up a signal... in the same room, it showed a 'weak' signal. Most of the time, we just end up plugging in to the printer, as the wireless doesn't connect. Maybe it's my router, but I don't have any trouble with an of our other wireless devices.
on January 13, 2013
I am an IT professional. Do yourself a favor and do not take a risk on Kodak products. The printer locks down when it thinks it's time for you to spend more money on ink. I'm not sure the cost of ink is overall any less than any other system. I have owned the ESP 7250 for less than 2 years, and used it minimally in my home office. This printer failed faster than any printer I have ever owned, and I have owned printers since the 80s. The initial code suggested a tray jam, but nothing was jammed. Then when I tried the copy and scanner functions, they also did not function. Offshore help was polite, but ignorant, and did not help whatever. I just wasted time doing again what I had already tried. The out-of-warranty options are non-existent. Kodak's products are nothing what they used to be. The company deserves to fail.