Top positive review
1,284 people found this helpful
Great affordable printer
on June 4, 2010
For this review I've decided to compare the Kodak ESP 7250 to similarly priced models from Canon, HP and Epson. All 4 models are Wireless All-in-One Ink Jet Printers (printer/scanner/copier).
Basic Summary of the Kodak ESP 7250
- 35 second warm up after powering on.
- Prints nearly instantly. No secondary warm up before each print job.
- Colors are not as bright as the competition, but very natural looking.
- Prints very quietly. Minimal body shake while printing.
- Double sided printing.
- Separate paper tray and photo tray.
- Digital menu on printer is great. Very easy to navigate options. Very intuitive interface.
- Small footprint. Smaller than competition.
- Most attractive design in price range. Smooth lines. Not too techy.
- CHEAP INK. Lower priced manufacturer ink than the competition. VERY BIG PLUS.
Kodak ESP 7250 vs:
1) Canon PIXMA MX870
- Kodak is quieter, prints faster, looks better.
- Canon has slightly better print quality - not much better though. Most people won't notice the difference.
- Canon is louder while printing, shakes a lot, and takes longer to warm up and print.
- Canon has more buttons. Kodak has a better menu system.
CONCLUSION: Canon is more business. Kodak is more family.
2) HP Photosmart Premium
- HP's touch screen menu is awesome.
- Both have similar print quality. HP produces a bit brighter colors. Kodak is more natural looking (muted colors).
- HP warms up a bit faster by a few seconds.
- Both print with equal speed, equal noise and equal printer shake (almost none).
- Nearly equal footprint.
- Both are visually attractive designs.
- HP ink is more expensive.
CONCLUSION: Very similar printers. HP's touch screen is awesome. Kodak ink is more affordable.
3) Epson Artisan
- Epson's 5-ink system prints amazing! Best in class.
- Epson ink is expensive.
- Kodak printer is more visually attractive.
- Kodak prints faster.
- Kodak has a better menu system.
CONCLUSION: Epson prints awesome photos. Kodak is a more economical all-around printer.
In the land of printers, there are those who print amazing photos (like the Epson), those that are super techy (like HP's touch screen), those that are work horses (Canon) and those that are just good, middle of the road, some bells but no whistles printers. The Kodak ESP 7250 is one of these middle of the road printers. The photo print quality is good, but not fantastic. But everywhere else the Kodak is a solid performer, having all the features a printer should have while looking good and staying quiet. What sets this printer above the rest is the low cost of printing.
So if you aren't super picky about your photos and you want to save some money in the long run, while still getting a solid printer, then the Kodak ESP 7250 is the way to go.
If my review was helpful, please click the "YES" button below. Thank you and happy printing!