Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kodak EasyShare P750 7-inch Digital Picture Frame
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 16, 2010
I bought this picture frame for my mom. I needed something that is simple to use and "just works".
We like the frame itself. It is modern and compact (small overall size comparing to picture area). I like the way it automatically rotates pictures when the frame is rotated. The only problem that doing that, it is easy to press the buttons on the back of the frame. If it happens, my mom gets confused what to do next (i.e. how to return to slide mode). Also, the buttons on the back, and particularly the d-pad, are difficult for her to use. Fortunately, there is also a remote with visible and better buttons.
When it comes to hardware, I particularly appreciate the large internal 2GB memory. But not just memory. While the copy process is very slow, it does wonders to space utilization. I guess it must be resizing the pictures to match the frame resolution. Anyway, my estimate is that the frame can fit about 10,000 pictures, regardless of their original total size.
The weak part of the frame is the software. The menus are not very intuitive. One cannot use or manage internal memory when external one is connected. I still don't know what the search command does. However, my main complain and the sole reason I took 2 stars off my rating is the picture order. And not only because the picture order selection is hidden deep in the Tools menu.
When viewing pictures, the base order I like to use is by date taken. The frame offers 3 choices: random, by name, and by date. Random is good, but not for me now. By name is not useful for me, as my collection includes pictures from multiple cameras, with different naming conventions. By date should be the choice. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!!
I selected order by date and I was puzzled why the pictures come out in seemingly random order. Finally, I think I found it. My picture collection was copied from a computer. I did a lot of editing on the computer, including picture rotation, labeling, etc. Apparently, the frame uses "last modified" timestamp, not "picture taken" one. Any time I touch the picture on the computer (e.g. to rotate it), "last modified" timestamp changes. This causes the frame to show the pictures in semi-random order. It wouldn't be a problem had the pictures come directly from a (Kodak) camera, but I expect the frame to be a bit more universal. My only hope is that Kodak will issue a frame software update.
on October 22, 2010
I bought this item for my wife, as a Christmas present after having an enormous amount of Digital photo frames to chose from I finally chose this one.

And I can say that im not too disappointed.

Although I haven't used this for a long period (had to wrap it) I am happy with the purchase. It took around 30 seconds to transfer 129 photos to the internal memory with a standard USB pen drive. When you plug your USB in, a pop up appears asking if you would like to transfer pictures to the internal memory with the option to select all or manually choose which ones you want to add and VOILÀ!

Once you plug in, the first thing your asked to do is set up the time and date, It takes approx 5mins to set up.
Regarding the photos you cant change the timing for when the pictures move, it has around 6 pre-set times which all have a their own settings. Slow (changes once a day) to fast (changes every so many seconds)

The Date and Calender can be turned off and on within the settings, or with the mode button on the remote and has several different styles of font.

It's a lovely slim design and brings the pictures to life with the Kodak Colour Science, one of the reasons why I chose Kodak and not Samsung.

The two of the greatest things about this Digital Photo Frame is the face recognition, which you can tag people and group them together in your photos for easier browsing, and the massive 2GB internal memory which is far more than some of the other brands who seem to only offer between 512MB to a 1GB and its actually cheaper too!

The only draw back is, it has no video play back / blue tooth or wifi. Obviously though, this depends on what you are looking for in a digital photo frame. Any one who uses Wifi really should look at the Kodak Pulse where you can get pictures from Facebook.

Overall, if you are looking for a good digital photo frame then look no further, for the price you pay you probably won't find a better designer digital photo frame.
on December 18, 2010
Let me start by saying that I am finally satisfied with these frames (I bought 5 of them for Christmas presents) but it was a long and frustrating road to get there.

What I wanted was a frame that would recognize keyword tags that I applied to the photos, and allow the users to display their own custom slide shows of family members. According to the description on this page, this frame fit the bill. I tagged about 3500 photos in a third party application, copied them to a flash drive, and attempted to upload them. This was very slow, and the keyword tags were not available on the frame.

Tech support wasn't very helpful. Here is the upshot. You need to use a recent version of the Kodak EASYSHARE software to load the images into the frames, if you want the metadata to be useful. The problem is that only the windows version is keyword tag aware. The mac version does read the date tag metadata correctly, but doesn't understand keyword tags. It seems likely that the windows software parses the tag data into a format useful to the frames. Byt the way, the tags written by my third party software were instantly recognized by the windows EASYSHARE software, so I didn't need to retag anything.

I was able to use virtualization software to run windows on my Mac, and upload the photos to the frame using that software version. Viola! Everything worked, and the file upload was about a hundred times faster than importing from flash drive to the frame.
on May 28, 2012
I purchased this frame, after doing a great deal of research, a little of a year ago. It's very easy to set up, great display from all angles, and worked very well for me at my desk.
But....it only lasted 1.5 years. I now have the infamous "White screen of death", and I have found no way to fix it myself. I contacted Kodak and they referred me to a repair site that does not repair digital frames, only cameras (plus I wouldn't pay to repair it as it would cost more then the frame itself).
I find this happening a lot with products lately, you pay good money to only have something go wrong right after the warranty is done. I will no longer purchase anything with the Kodak name, and will be putting my $116 in the trash. :(
on April 2, 2012
LOVE IT!!!!!! WORKS FROM INTERNAL MEMORY, SO YOU DO NOT NEED TO LEAVE THE MEMORY CARD IN IT!!! EXCELLENT COLOR AND CLARITY!!!
ALSO HAS SOME OPTIONS FOR VARIOUS SPEEDS, ETC.
(REMOTE CONTROL ALSO)
GREAT ITEM AND EXCELLENT PRICE AS WELL!!!
on February 6, 2012
My wife bought this for me from another store (BB) in June. About 2 month of having it, the picture started acting up on it. I would shut it down and it would be fine. In November I got the famous "White screen" (Google it). I contacted Kodak and did the live chat. I already knew it was going to need sent in but they made me go through their whole checklist. The guy finally agreed it needed sent in. All I had to do was produce the proof of purchase. Luckily, BB allows you to keep track of your purchases. I printed it off and went serching for the shipping address for Kodak repairs. I guess each product gets repaired at different locations. I couldn't find it on the website; in fact, it kept asking me to email them with my inquiry. After denying it a couple times, a phone number popped up. I called and asked for the address. The guy wanted to do another analysis over the phone. He would not just give me the address. So after giving him ALL my information, he said he would EMAIL me the address!!!!

They know they gotcha buy the !@#$. What a load of crap.
on February 25, 2011
Overall I'm fairly happy with it. The viewing angle, colors, brightness. I really like the interface, very easy to navigate (though the input pad is not). Easy to get up and running.

However, one of the features it boasts, "activity sensor", does not work as intended. I called customer support, and essentially they determined that my unit may have been defective. So I replaced it with another and unfortunately encountered the same exact issue.

The activity sensors on this frame work sporadically. Sometimes I'll walk in the room, turn on the light, and the frame immediately awakes. Other times, it just stays off, even if I wave my hand in front of it. It appears this feature was not ready for prime-time. Outside of that, has worked great.
on September 16, 2011
We only had this about 3 months when it went off and couldn't get it back on. Amazon let us know we only had 30 days to return to them so no hope there. Tried Kodak they wern't any more help because we didn't reg the purchase
on January 4, 2011
I like the style; photos are crisp. Only disappointment is that there are only TWO options for "transitions." An earlier version that my brother has (no longer sold) has a 'random' transition and has about 4-6 different transitions. This one only fades in and out OR loads from the left side. It's an 'either or' and not random (no variation). Plus, I have it set to go on at 8:40 AM and off at 12:40 AM and often look up during the day and it is OFF. Not sure yet if it's 'faulty' and have not (yet) returned it. When I've looked online for Kodak support, they 'advertise' online 'chat' but I'm yet to find it manned any time I look to seek support. Also, there is an option for 'update firmware' ON THE FRAME but I'm yet to find an update OR how to do it directly on the frame as it indicates that an be done. Since I could not find the model I REALLY wanted (no longer being made), I guess I'll keep this one as it's too much trouble to return (and I've already returned one of another brand that photos was 'grainy'). However, IF it STILL CONTINUES to cut OFF by itself when it is NOT SCHEDULED to, I will return it! Oh, and it did NOT come with a User Manual. You have to download a PDF online if you want one! I'm only 1/2 satisfied.

UPDATE. The photo frame only worked for about a year (or less) and I have gotten ZERO customer service out of Kodak, and cannot find where to send it to be repaired, if it can even be repaired. You turn it on, the Kodak logo displays and it immediately shuts off. I was trying to save money, and you definitely get what you pay for. My recommendation is if you really want a digital picture frame, SAVE and spend money for a good, reputable (good reviews) frame.
on January 14, 2012
I had the frame for 2 years, but it was turned on maybe three times and unplugged when not in use. One day the frame just showed a white screen. I called Kodak and they referred me to a third party for repairs. The third party no longer has parts for the frame. I called Kodak back hoping that perhaps I had been given incorrect information. They gave me a different number which was for the same 3rd party.

It's disappointing that the frame is no longer supported by Kodak. If it was I would of paid to have it repaired, because the size of the internal memory was great. The best they could do was offer me a 15% discount towards the purchase of a new one. There is no point in buying a new one from Kodak because with the chapter 11 filing, who knows what will happen if I experience the same problem.

See 1 answered question