Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Kodak EasyShare M583 14 MP Digital Camera with 8x ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 61% off the $149.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Kodak EasyShare M583 14 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Zoom and 3-Inch LCD - Black
- Zoom in tight or stay wide with the 8X wide optical zoom lens
- Dedicated video record button, 720p HD video, on-camera editing
- One-button upload to e-mail, KODAK PULSE Display and other popular social networking sites
- Li-Ion rechargeable battery and MICROSD/MICROSDHC card slot
- Add up to 4 GB of memory and be prepared to record your memories at a moments notice
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230,000|
|Effective Still Resolution||14 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||1,600|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||100|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC card, Internal|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto,Fill-in,Flash off,Red-eye reduction|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.32 x 2.2 x 3.98 inches|
|Item Display Weight||147 grams|
|Item Weight||0.33 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2.7 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||14.8 grams|
|Macro Focus Range||10 cm|
|Maximum Focal Length||224 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/1400 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,288|
|Memory Slots Available||1|
|Memory Storage Capacity||64 MB|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||8 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion KLIC-7006 rechargeable battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps) 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
From the Manufacturer
Become the envy of all your friends with this sleek and stylish 8X wide-angle camera. Don’t let its ultra-sleek dimensions fool you. Capture your entire entourage or zoom in on your favorite detail. Or switch over seamlessly to video and record your dance moves in stunning HD. Capture your whole entourage, then share the fun simply when you press Kodak's Share button.
Only KODAK Digital Cameras allow you to simultaneously share to multiple social networks and e-mail1.
Kodak’s Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple with One Button Upload:
• Just press Share when in review mode
• Choose your favorite sharing destinations: FACEBOOK, e-mail, KODAK Gallery and KODAK PULSE Digital Frames2, and other popular sharing sites
• Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)1
Kodak’s exclusive Share Button:
• Automatically shares when you connect to a PC1
• Tags to the largest number of socialnetworks3
• Uploads friend tags to FACEBOOK1
• Blur reduction: Reduce blur caused by subject movement or fast-action situations to deliver clearer, sharper pictures.
• 3.0 in. bright LCD: Brighter, more vibrant details thanks to KODAK Color Science
• Never miss a moment: Get energy that lasts with the power of the included Li-Ion rechargeable battery and in-camera charging
• Face detection: For great shots of friends and family, face detection locates faces and automatically adjusts camera settings
•Share your world big and bright with 14 MP: More megapixels means you can crop and enlarge and still have great picture quality. Make stunning prints up to 30 x 40 in.
• 8X wide-angle optical zoom lens: There is plenty of room for all your friends with the crisp focus of 8X wide optical zoom while the 28 mm wide-angle lens gets the whole crew in without cutting anybody out
Shoot video with ease:
• Convenient, dedicated video record button captures 720p HD video
• Enjoy video print options including 9-up prints, plus view and share single frames
Scene and color modes:
• Get great shots time after time with multiple scene modes, including sport, portrait, bright, fireworks, and backlight
• Have fun with five different color modes: vivid, full, and basic color, black & white, and sepia
Creative modes and artistic effects
• Get great shots time after time with multiple scene & color modes, including auto, sport, portrait, bright, fireworks, and backlight.
• Film effects: Add a classic flair to your pictures—KODACOLOR, KODACHROME, EKTACHROME, TRI-X, T-MAX, or Sepia.
• Post-capture effects: Make your pictures even more personal with effects such as spot color, photo captions, borders and tints.
• Photobooth mode: set to photobooth mode for fun and memorable shots you’ll want to share
• Picture-enhancing and editing features: Achieve your perfect shot with on-camera features such as cropping, undo-delete, picture rotation, and self-timer.
Kodak's Smart Capture feature: Beautiful pictures, more often-automatically
Become a better photographer with a smarter camera. Kodak’s innovative Smart Capture feature automatically identifies the scene and adjusts camera settings for a great picture in just about any environment.
• Intelligent scene detection—analyzes the scene to give you better pictures under various conditions
• Intelligent capture control—automatically sets camera settings for clear, sharp pictures even in low light and challenging situations
• Intelligent image processing—reduces noise and clears up dark shadows for vibrant, crisp details and true-to-life colors
What’s In the Box: Everything you need to shoot and share
• KODAK EASYSHARE Camera / M583
• KODAK Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery KLIC-7006
• KODAK USB AC adapter for in-camera charging
• Wrist strap
• USB cable
• User Guide
1 All Kodak digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
2 KODAK PULSE Display and KODAK Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
3 Sharing sites vary by region
Megapixels 14 MP
Zoom 8X wide optical zoom w/optical IS
Display size 3.0 in. color display
Face Recognition Yes
Smart Capture Yes
• WINDOWS XP SP2, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 or later
• INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0 or higher
• MACINTOSH 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 or higher
• SAFARI 1.1 or higher
• PENTIUM 4, 2.8 GHz processor or higher
• 1 GB RAM and 64 MB video RAM
• 300 MB hard drive space available
• CD-ROM drive
• Available USB port (1.1 or higher)
• 1024 x 768 display resolution
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
It was too late to return, so I had to get it serviced. Kodak service is terrible. You can't speak to anyone, and have two lines to describe the problem. I specifically wrote that pictures were fine, but LCD had a problem. I had to send it (at my own expense) to a "factory authorized service center" in Indiana, even though I'm in California. I used Google Street View to look this place up, and it's just a camera shop! Any way, some weeks later, I got the camera back with a note "lens replaced", and the problem is still there.
I emailed Kodak customer service & complained. They emailed back that they were sorry and sent me a $10 coupon for my next Kodak purchase. No word about how to get the darn thing fixed.
I've been buying Kodak cameras my entire life, but this soured me on the whole company, which, I read, was going bankrupt.
I used an 8Gb Micro SDHC card, and the camera has a capacity of 1700 full resolution images. Note that although the manual uses the term "Micro SD or Micro SDHC card", ONLY the SDHC card will fit.
The camera is remarkably small and light, so I plan to use it frequently. I'm glad I bought it, and recommend it highly to others.
I purchased this camera to replace my 6 year old Kodak DX7630, which was an awesome camera. There M583 looked to be a fairly large improvement on the DX7630, smaller, lighter, more megapixels, zoom and a 28mm lens vs 35mm. Perfect! The M583 arrived quickly, but from the first dozen photos I realised that something was wrong. Toward the top RHS of the image, a circular blur was apparent in every photo, except for close ups. I was annoyed but I knew that the replacement process through Amazon was painless so I notified them of the fault and sent the M583 back for replacement.
The replacement arrived quickly enough. However after I turned the M583 on, I tried to take a photo and....nothing. The shutter bottom was broken and would not push down at all. I decided at this point not to go for a third try and sent the M583 back and asked for a refund.
This has severely diminished my respect for Kodak P&S cameras. Whereas my DX7630 still soldiers on fine after 6 years and feels like it will last another decade or so, the M583 was a plasticky, poor quality device. It's a pity, because the pictures (other than the blurring) were pretty good but not as good as my DX7630 surprisingly. Thanks for forcing me to leave you Kodak...
I eventually bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 (ZS7) which I couldn't be happier with and is MILES better than the M583. Please keep my review in mind before you purchase the M583!
The wide angle lense really does its job. Indoor pictures are great even in "automatic" mode. No need to get far to cover great spaces or group of people.
Movie format is MPEG-4. Ready for iPod & iPhone but if you want to display your videos as AVI or MKV, you will need to acquire a video converter. I used DivX Plus to convert files to MKV. The registered version offers AVI as well.
Picture quality: great @ 14 megapixels! when viewing the pictures at the computer you can zoom on them at a great size before they get "granny". I tested the Panoramic feature and I got very impressed with it!
Video quality: Sharp and colourful! I'm looking for the "anti shake mode" but still learning. Anyway, totally acceptable.
Flash behaviour: the camera does control the intensity of the flash according to the enviroment and/or object distance.
NOTE: it use a MicroSD card (NO a regular SD). I bought an 8gb Class 10 and works great with it.
Compact, light weight
The menu dial is kind of small for big fingers. Users may gert confused between the Power button, the Movie Record button and the Shutter button. All three are aligned together.
No Date In-Print for the pictures directly from the camera. The battery life is excellent. You can charge it directly from the camera or, you can buy an aftermarket charger for less than $12.
Really happy with the camera! ;-)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this camera! GREAT picture, LOVE that you aren't replacing batteries all the time, just needs a charge once in awhile, easy to get pics off, and AGAIN GREAT... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Julie Stevens
I thought that the 8X zoom and 14MP digital camera would exceed my 3X zoom digital Kodak easy share camera. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Kim Hudson
Loved the camera, but the last few batteries only lasted 3-2 months.Published 11 months ago by lucid lizard
Excellent camera, it's the third I bought, people keep claiming them!Published 13 months ago by b **son*