5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CAMERA!
Published on May 8, 2011 by Pinderella

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing.
Published on June 1, 2011 by MaryBT

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT CAMERA!, May 8, 2011
Pinderella (Tampa Bay Area - FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak EasyShare M552 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD - BlueGray (Electronics)
I am very picky about my point and shoot cameras. They have to be easy to use and have a long battery life. This camera is AMAZING. The pictures come out beautiful. The buttons are easy to figure out and there are two separate buttons for snapping pictures or taking video. No more messing around trying to figure out what setting to use for a video and having to go back and change it to take a picture. The camera is small too so it doesn't take up alot of room in a purse and easily fits in a pocket. I love this camera! Oh, the panorama shots are so easy to do and come out very impressive! I bought it at Sam's Club for $108 and it came with the case, a 4G SD card, strap and charger. Great deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing., June 1, 2011
MaryBT (Missouri USA) - See all my reviews
I have a higher-end Kodak Easy Share which I love. I bought this one because it's small and easy to carry in my pocket when I'm just going to be taking snapshots. I realize that this is a point and shoot and won't give SLR results. However, well over half my pictures are turning out blurry - even when I double check to make sure I have the green "in focus" box. The colors are very washed out.

I chose this one because of the film options; I could have saved myself the frustration. They rarely are in focus.

The only time the pictures come out decent that I have found is when you are standing 6-10 feet from the subject and are outside on a bright sunny day with the auto picture setting. Forget overcast conditions, indoor pictures, or any picture within the optical zoom range.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kodak misses the mark...a downgrade from previous models, September 21, 2011
This is a definite downgrade from previous Kodak models. I have been buying Kodak cameras for five years and thought that I would remain loyal to the brand in perpetuity, but buying this camera has changed my mind. On average I buy a new Kodak once per year, and I have never been disappointed. Each new model seems to build on the previous one, although in some cases some obvious errors in design and function are made. The most obvious one was when Kodak switched from being able to control settings immediately on the camera without having to turn on the device to having to do things when the camera was on that took up precious time. This camera at least does not have that issue. You can easily use video or take pictures witout having to mess with settings. However, if you want to switch between different modes, there are several screens you have to go through to do so. It's not a big deal and definitely not complicated, but good picture situations can turn into mediocre picture situations in fractions of a second. Even looking at your pictures reguires that you hit the review button and then again hit okay to go into a subfolder. The quality of pictures is definitely a huge downgrade. I have never had a Kodak camera take such blurry pictures in EVERY mode. If the subject is moving even a little bit, you can expect a lot of blurring, even if you manually set the shutter speed to it's maximum. Also, I have never had a Kodak camera malfunction like this one. There seems to be a severe problem with the video. Many times when taking video it will simply freeze and delete whatever footage was shot to that point. This is not an isolated problem, it is an intrinsic issue with this model. The great colors and white balance adjustments from previous models are also gone from this camera. It usually takes pictures that are either too dark or too bright. Overall, it is a very lackluster point and shoot. It is no wonder that the initial retail price was below older models, even older models that are still on the shelf with similar specs (14MP, 5x zoom, etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Does It, July 6, 2011
When they say "Easy Share", they are not kidding. We took 235 pics on vacation, and had them organized, labeled and sent in 35 minutes. Any we are not the techies of the world. Love this camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest camera, June 12, 2011
We've had this camera a little over a month and have found a few things we don't like about it. First, the pictures tend to come out blurry -- even when we're sure we have the green box in focus. Second, the on-off/camera shutter/video record buttons are all within an inch-and-a-half of each other on the top of the camera. If you accidently push the wrong button, you either shut the camera off or start recording a video instead of taking a picture. Third, we miss the "dock" option of this Easyshare product. In the past, the camera has always sat in the dock to recharge with one-touch button transfer to the computer. This one needs to be plugged in (and the flap to get to the USB plug is hard to open and looks like it could break off at any time). I should add that when we purchased the camera, it did not come with a hand strap. We had to contact Kodak and have them send one. We had to go through a bunch of hoops to prove we recently purchased the camera and e-mail a copy of the receipt to them (all for a simple strap that probably cost them pennies). I thought we'd be able to use it without the strap, but found it was just to small to handle without it slipping out of our hands. Bottom line: We will probably keep this camera as a back-up, but I think we'll be looking at something else. If I were you, I'd shop around for something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blurry, November 6, 2011
I purchased this camera to replace one I dropped at a wedding. Pictures are blurry not at all like my old one, Went overseas and the pictures are so disappointing. A shear waste of 100+ dollars, not to mention pictures of a trip of a lifetime. If I could I would take it back. I'll just have to settle for the garbage can.

4.0 out of 5 stars A dandy Camera for the price., August 20, 2011
I recently purchased the Kodak Easy Share Camera just to have a camera for those special times. It fits into my pocket so I can carry it with me anywhere. Just point and shoot is so easy. One nice feature is you are able to create a variety of styles of photos from sepia to Kodacolor. It also has a button to put your photos on a variety of places including Facebook.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, December 28, 2011
Found this camera on a smokin' sale at a local warehouse club, and decided to try it since I had just broken my M530 over the weekend on vacation. I thought that surely, this one would be just as good as my old one...and that was not the case! Since it's still X-Mas time at my house, I figured that some of the holiday decorations would be perfect to take some shots of, and then compare those photos with an older Canon SD1100 to see which ones were better. NO contest...the older Canon was far superior in every way. I just could not get the Kodak to get a clear picture of the little Annalee dolls that I was using as my test subjects. Pretty much every photo was fuzzy...not what you want in a point-and-shoot camera. While each shot (taken in the same place just seconds apart) with the Canon was spot-on. I guess that what I got out of all of this, is that the Optical Image Stabilization is a big deal; the Canon has it, the Kodak does not. The little M552 has already found its way back to the warehouse club, and I have cash in my pocket. I REALLY wanted to like this camera, but it just didn't work out!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, August 31, 2011
Amanda (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
this camera is adorable, just like i wanted. it is more simple than i expected, but it works great and has good quality. takes great pictures

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, easy to use, June 13, 2011
The camera is very easy to use. Pictures are of high quality. Transferring to the computer is easy and painless.