5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent megazoom in a small package
So far I have to say we (my wife and I) are impressed with the camera. The photos so far are relatively sharp (increasing the sharpness in P mode helps even more) and the colors are great. The ergonomics of the camera are well thought out and the build quality is solid.

Published on October 1, 2009 by J. Curtis

3.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Z950
Published on September 28, 2009 by Happy SAHM of twin girls

3.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Z950, September 28, 2009
This review is from: Kodak EasyShare Z950 12 MP Digital Camera (Black) with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Electronics)
I was going to buy the Kodak easyshare Z1015 IS (10 megapixels-15 optical zoom) because it has great reviews, more optical zoom and same price but after comparing the features and specifications of both, pretty much the Z950 has the same things but is not as big as the other one and it has more megapixels-12. It is also newer and looks great too. I took the risk, because I only found 1 review and it was 5stars. I bought it online and I received it on friday and I love the zoom it has and the picture quality. I agree with the thing commented before about the instructions it comes with, they are not so detail but the camara itself is easy to manage and use.
Read my review, after one year of use...is below this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent megazoom in a small package, October 1, 2009

Having used small Kodak Cameras for the last few years (v550, v705 & m1033) this is a larger camera. That said, I think that the 10x Zoom will be a nice feature and make the size increase over the pocket cameras worth it.

Shot to Shot performance is a bit on the sluggish side, but not too big of a deal. Shutter lag is very quick and is helpful for catching quick photos since we have a little baby that moves around a lot!

It would have been nice to make the camera Dock compatible, but we can live with plugging it into the iMac with the USB to transfer photos and charge the battery.
Overall I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars (not 5 stars due to the speed between photos and time to clear the buffer when shooting continuously).

I would definitely recommend this camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, September 27, 2009
I needed an easy to use camera that takes sharp pictures and video. This camera fits the bill. With the 10X zoom, I took a picture of a lion at the zoo, and I can see his fur like I'm next to him. Video is just as clear. It is easy to upload the pictures to my computer using the supplied USB cord. The price was excellent, too for a camera with all those features.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VIDEO: must set to SINGLE FOCUS, March 30, 2010
Quang Tran "jijiquang" (Fairfield, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
The default Video setting is continuous focus which is REALLY bad because the camera keeps zooming in and out if your subject or lighting changes or moves. This is a common problem with a more advanced camera such as this Z950. Just change the auto focus to AF single focus and the camera will focus just fine (not at the nano second interval like before). Here is the Simple fix: move the dial to movie . hit the setting button (second down on the right side of the LCD screen) then select single focus from the AF menu.

This camera is just amazing! VIDEO AND PICS are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!!!, January 9, 2010
I bought this camera after reading several reviews about it. I can say that I am really satisfied with it. I had another Kodak that was five years old and it is still working. I just wanted to buy another one that had a higher zoom and more mepapixels. This camera has different picture modes that I don't know how to use like the pasm, but when you are switching between each one a message shows up in the screen giving a simple explanation of what that option is used for. I love the big screen, the video and picture quality is excellent. I like that while I'm taking a video I can zoom in and zoom out. Although while zooming the scene becomes a little blurred. The optical zoom is 10X and you can see things very far away and the resolution is still great. The battery lasts a long time. I think that in two months I have charged it twice. I would recommend this product to anybody looking to buy a camera. One feature that I really like is that if you erase a video or photo by mistake you can recover it. This only works for the last erased picture or photo, but believe me, it is great to have this feature. The size of the camera is not as small as I would like it to be, but usually the smaller cameras in the market have less resolution and the zoom is not as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Z950 Digital Camera (and HD video), January 17, 2010
J. King (West MI, USA) - See all my reviews
Pro's
Buy this camera if you have only $250 and want to have both great photo's and HD video with 12x OPTICAL ZOOM in video mode that fits in your pocket!
Works well indoors in low light and great outdoors.
Use the single focus setting with video to avoid continuous focus (going out of focus when scanning)

Con's
The included quick time software does not play video smoothly on my one year old lap top (The video card is not upgradeable) but I found a freeware download (Video Lan VLC media player)that plays it fine.
The speaker in the camera has low volume so you have to put your ear on the speaker to hear the sound. The sound plays fine on the pc though.
You'll need to order a separate battery charger that works independent of the camera operation and a separate video cable to playback the video to your HD TV ($25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Color, quality at a reasonable price!, January 30, 2010
AMD "AMD" (CITIZEN OF THE WORLD) - See all my reviews
We take a LOT of photos. {6000 photos plus per year} If you're looking for a easy to use, well made, excellent zoom, with the BEST color quality of any camera out there in this price range, you won't find a better camera. We tried the others, {Cannon, Nikon, Minolta, etc.}, nothing comes close. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak EasyShare Z950 digital camera review, December 15, 2009
I have had a cannon digital camera for several years. It is slow to respond, picture quality was awful. Generally speaking, I was very disappointed with it.

I purchased the Kodak EasyShare Z950 when I was sent an email from Kodak. I read other reviews of others who had already purchased and used it. So I took a chance.

I have been very pleased with the results. It is quick to respond to multipule shutter clicks, which with 3 active grandchildren you need. The quality of the pictures that I printed out are fantastic. Even enlargements are crystal clear, perfect for what I needed.

I am very pleased with this product and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a simple to use (right from the box!) great quality digital camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for the price, March 13, 2010
Who Said What? "Skeptic" (Palm Beach Gardens, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a general purpose digital camera and of course the bewildering choices and prices were daunting. The image stabilization requirement helped filter my choices a little as I have some hand tremor. Personally I like Kodak cameras. I had a Kodak Z740 that I used for years totally happy. But the Z950 really is amazing considering the on-board features in addition to optical image stabilization: digital red eye removal, video trimming, cropping of stills, on board help, multiple selection of pictures, the list goes on and on. For the price, I don't know how Kodak does it. The lens and zoom range are great. The manual that comes with the camera is seriously weak but you can download the pdf version of the "extended" user manual which is very complete. Just study this manual to find and use all the features. Navigation through the various menus is easy and fairly thoughtfully designed to be user friendly despite the plethora of options. I also use the camera at school as I am a high school science teacher and the digital video clips are great for capturing scenes that can then be analyzed using Video Point software. The video trimming capability is really helpful for using the clips with Video Point. High definition video helps here too. The bang for this camera is not in its looks, which are fairly boring, but in what's inside. Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great small point and shoot camera!, December 15, 2009
I wanted an easy to use camera that isn't too big and bulky. This camera is perfect. It takes very clear pictures, and I really like that it has a setting to take pictures of objects in motion. I also love that it has a rechargable battery--my friends spend a fortune on AA batteries for their cameras. I would definitely reccoment this product.