Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kodak EasyShare Z1485 14MP Digital Camera with 5x ..." and save 60% off the $179.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Kodak EasyShare Z1485 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5 inch LCD (Blue)
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 14 MP means you can make stunning prints up to 30 40 in. (76 102 cm)
- Sensor type - 1 / 1.72 type CCD
- The all glass 5X Optical Zoom Lens (35 mm equivalent - 35-175 mm) captures crisp and steady shots
- Still Images - up to 14.2 MP (4352 3264) 4 - 3, 10.7 MP (4352 2448)-16 - 9; Movies - HDV (1280 720) at 30 fps, VGA (640 480) at 30 fps, QVGA (320 240) at 30 fps
- Media - 32 MB internal memory available, SDHC/SD card expansion slot
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||1.7 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Display Resolution Maximum||230,000|
|Effective Still Resolution||14 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||6,400|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC card, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in flash|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||TTL Imager AF System|
|Focus Type||Autofocus & Manual|
|ISO Range||Auto (80-1600), 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, (3200 and 6400 at 3.1 MP)|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.52 x 1.54 x 3.54 inches|
|Item Display Weight||5.78 ounces|
|Item Weight||0.43 pounds|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||10 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F5.1|
|Maximum Focal Length||175 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,352|
|Memory Storage Capacity||32 MB|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||8 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||14 MP|
|Optical Sensor Size||1/1.72"|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||AA (2) batteries (NiMH Rechargeable batteries)|
|Video Capture Format||Motion JPEG|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
From the Manufacturer
Powerful zoom, precision optics, crisp, clear shots
- The all glass 5X Optical Zoom Lens (35 mm equivalent: 35-175 mm) captures crisp and steady shots
- Capture sharp, steady shots when shooting at long zoom ranges
- Optical image stabilization automatically minimizes camera shake to deliver sharper pictures
- 14 MP means you can make stunning prints up to 30 × 40 in.
- However you choose to print--at home, at retail, or online--trust Kodak for picture quality that's truly exceptional and for memories that will last
- Capture the details in low light conditions and fast action situations with a powerful, high ISO (up to 6400)
- The camera automatically selects from ISO 100 to ISO 1600 based on lighting conditions
- ISO 3200 and 6400 available at 3.1 MP and lower in P/M modes
Who says you can't have it all? The Kodak EasyShare Z1485 IS Digital Camera blends the latest picture-taking technology with the ultimate in style--and with Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature, it's the take-anywhere camera that does it all automatically. Smart Capture feature
Take better pictures than ever before. Kodak's innovative Smart Capture feature adjusts camera settings for great pictures in just about any environment--automatically.
- Intelligent scene detection: detects and analyzes scene conditions
- Intelligent capture control: automatically sets camera settings including exposure, focus and ISO for clear, sharp pictures even in low light and challenging situations
- Intelligent image processing: reduces noise and clears up dark shadows for vibrant, crisp details and true-to-life colors
- Experience Smart Capture
HD picture capture
- Capture beautiful HD pictures in 16:9 format
- View your pictures in high definition on an HDTV or other HD devices
- Capture HD quality video
- Capture more video while using less memory with MPEG-4 compression
- Print multiple frames on a 4 × 6 in. print
- Save single frames and e-mail family and friends
- Mark special spots in your video with video bookmarking
When the perfect picture taking opportunity arises, we'll make sure you're ready--with features like scene modes, face detection, Kodak PERFECT TOUCH Technology and much more. And after you take the shot, do even more. Turn your pictures into a multimedia slideshow, complete with music and effects.
Panorama stitch mode
- Create panoramic shots by combining up to three shots together into one large picture with panorama stitch mode
- Verify the exposure of your picture using the histogram feature on live view, quick view, and review
- Easily capture and create great shots with features such as on-camera cropping, blurry picture alert, and digital red-eye reduction
- For great shots of friends and family, face detection technology locates faces and automatically adjusts camera settings
Tell your story your way using the multimedia slideshow feature
- Turn your pictures into a creative multimedia slideshow right from your camera
- Set the mood when you choose from pre-loaded sound themes to accompany your slideshow
- Insert creative transitions and bring your pictures to life
Add text or sound tags to your pictures, so you can easily find and organize them later
- Never forget the details of your pictures with text tags
- Let your pictures have their say with sound tags
Make your pictures as vivid as the moment you took them, right on camera.
- Print better, brighter pictures
- Relive your memories in richer detail
- Clear up dark shadows to reveal more smiles
Multiple scene modes and picture enhancing features
- Portrait modes: portrait, night portrait, backlight
- Landscape modes: landscape, night landscape, fireworks
- Bright scene modes: sport, beach, snow
- Action modes: sport, children
- Close-up modes: flower
- Text/Documents mode: ensures sharp text when photographing documents
- Manner/Museum mode: use when sound or flash are not desired
- High color
- Low color
- Natural color
- Black and white
- Program mode (P): camera sets optimal shutter speed and aperture combination
- Manual mode (M): you choose both the aperture and shutter speed
- Exposure compensation: ± 2.0 EV in ± 1/3 EV step increments
- Aperture: f/2.8 (wide), f/5.1 (tele)
- Shutter speed: 8-1/2000 sec.
- ISO equivalents: 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- Auto focus: TTL imager AF system
- Exposure metering: multi-pattern, center-weighted, center-spot
- White balance: auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent, open shade
- Flash mode: auto, off, fill, red-eye preflash
The Z1485 IS is part of the Kodak EasyShare System, so sharing your pictures is amazingly simple. Just press Share. On-camera Share button
- Sharing starts right on the back of the camera
- Have a picture you want to share? Tag it using the exclusive on-camera Share button and it will be ready to print or e-mail later
- Use the Favorites feature to keep your special pictures close without filling up your internal memory
The simplest way to find, create, and share.
- The award-winning, elegant design makes your pictures the star of the show for a more enjoyable viewing experience
- English, French, and German photo card templates turn pictures into 4 × 6 in. announcements, invitations, holiday cards, and more, right at home
- Get more out of Kodak EasyShare Software with a variety of useful tips
- Use Kodak EasyShare Software to access your pictures at the Kodak Gallery--then view, edit, and save them to My Collection
- Transfer your pictures at the touch of a button
- Instantly upload pictures to your computer for viewing, printing, and e-mailing
- Charges your Kodak Camera Battery in less than 3.5 hours
- USB connection (USB 2.0 compatible)
Real Kodak Pictures are just a touch away with our convenient home printing solution. Kodak EasyShare G610 Printer Dock (optional accessory, where available)
- One touch to Kodak Lab Quality Prints
- Waterproof, stain-resistant prints that last a lifetime
- Automatic Kodak Camera Battery recharging
- Transfer pictures to a computer at the touch of a button
- Compatible with Kodak Color Cartridge & Photo Paper Kit / G
The digital camera that's ready whenever you are
Never miss a shot because of a dead battery or full memory card. With three convenient battery options and internal memory, you'll be able to capture even more memories.
Internal memory plus
- Don't miss a shot if your memory card becomes full--switch to in-camera memory quickly, thanks to the internal memory plus feature
- 32 MB internal memory, enjoy SDHC (high capacity)/SD compatible technology
- With several battery options to choose from, your cameras always powered and ready to go.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
I received the camera in mid-December. I used the battery that came with it, a non-rechargeable KLIC-8000 Li-Ion. It lasted about a month, all through Christmas (during which I took MANY pictures) and regular daily pics (I have an 11 month old, so I take a lot!). I just changed the battery a few days ago to a rechargeable KLIC-8000 Li-Ion. If you purchase this camera, MAKE SURE you buy the correct battery for it. Of course it's going to suck up regular AA batteries, it's a powerful little point and shoot.
The picture clarity is fantastic (keep in mind, I'm just a casual picture taker. Day-to-day pics of my son, and family trips). All the pics I've downloaded to my Kodak program and printed out have come out beautifully. I normally use the smart-scene, but sometimes (like during Christmas) I use other settings, like the candle light setting for pics of the Christmas tree. They came out perfect, all nice and soft. The size of the camera itself is perfect...I actually bought an ipod jogging case for it so I can wear it around my wrist or arm during vacations (nice to always have the camera handy), and it fit just fine.
I've always used Kodak for their simple no-brainer approach to picture taking, and this camera fits that to a tee. I'm so glad I upgraded. I'll always love my Z712, but this little guy has everything I need. PLEASE do not be dissuaded by the mediocre reviews here. Most people know NOT to put regular AA batteries in a digital camera. It sucks the life out of them in no time. With the proper batteries, this camera is light, clear, and does an all around GREAT job!
Smart capture is a nice feature that automatically determines the best settings for whatever you're trying to take a picture of. (Great for point & shoot types).
Button placement is pretty intuitive.
There is no viewfinder. This is of course a preference thing, but I found it hard for taking pictures in direct sunlight and in night shots (high amount of pixelation and streaking on screen).
The USB cord was very flimsy and easily damaged.
In many reviews I've read, there are a lot of complaints about the battery life. My only issue about the batteries is that after about 40 shots, the start-up and lag time between shots increased significantly--many missed opportunities.
Most of my night shots came out blurry, even though the camera was on a steady surface. Close-up night shots came out highly pixelated.
Face capture never worked (although this might be user error).
The HD video is fantastic; although many computers have a hard time playing it because of the huge file size. This video is not shaky like the first generation Kodak Z1275 which was just not ready for prime time. You can even zoom in while shooting video.
Getting this camera and seeing the great photos may make you feel like a professional. Buttons and settings are very natural and easy to use for a point and shoot. You will be tempted to shoot a lot of pictures and video. Unfortunately; do to the huge file size of video do not expect to be able to share it. A 64 second 720 HD video of horses was 107 megabytes. Sharing large picture files (14mp=2-8megs) can be difficult too. I upgraded my subscription smugmug photosharing site to be able to share the HD video.
Sample pics... [...]
Running on Lithium AA batteries was essential for me as I frequently am in extreme environments -like caves- where I cannot put the camera on a charger. If you use alkaline batteries in a pinch only expect 30 minutes of operation. Energizer Ultimate Lithium gives about 2-4 hours on a $5 a set.
I am preparing to depart on an overseas trip and am really excited to be taking the Kodak 1485IS camera with me. It is easy to use; takes great pictures and mind blowing video. I think Kodak nailed the right combination of features with this one.
I have been very pleased with the picture quality both indoors and out. I am especially impressed with the photo quality in low light (considerably less noise than I have ever experienced in a digital camera). The focus is great, and moves right along with my subjects.
The video is nice, though definitely not why I bought the camera. It is very smooth and works well even in low light. I have had no problems with the battery holding a charge.
My biggest complaint (which I knew when I was buying the camera) is the lack of optical viewfinder. It was nearly impossible for me to find a camera with one, and I would have had to give up other features to get it.
All in all, I am very pleased with this Kodak camera. It is my third Kodak digital camera (a 4 MP, a 6 MP, and now this one) and definitely the best. The price was also fabulous, especially compared with what features rival camera manufacturers offer at this price point.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had a camera like this for several years. My husband decided he wanted one so I ordered this one for him. He loves his as much as I do mine. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Cricket
The used camera has seen better days I'm glad I also bought the new one. The old one creats streeks in the photos even when using new SD card.
Also color is off. . Read more
good camera but I cannot see the image when outside in the sun. I like Kodak products but purchased a Panasonic because the Panasonic had a SLR type viewfinder that I can use... Read morePublished 10 months ago by jtw
This still remains my principal digital camera. 14MP makes for a great picture. Easy to place into a pocket or purse.Published 15 months ago by D. AVERY
Shipped out quickly. Am still learning to use this camera, I am so use to a 35mm. but I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks again!!Published 20 months ago by noone
Small, confortable, portable, excelent result. One of the best cameras I had have. The zoom is very usefull and efective.Published 23 months ago by Jean