Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kodak Easyshare C182 Digital Camera (Blue)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 30, 2009
I'm impressed with the picture quality and the ease of use. I can expand a picture to wallpaper size on my monitor and not get pixilation. It has several settings but can be used easily right out of the box. The online manual (downloadable in PDF)is easy to understand & comprehensive. The attached instructions are pretty basic. I don't like that it has a proprietary USB cable, though spares can be had off Ebay for less than $5. Also a person can remove the SD card & upload from it directly. It will take up to a 32 GB card according to the manual. I can get around a 100+ photos on a 1 GB card. Battery life is OK, takes 2 AA batteries.
I'm not a real camera buff, I just wanted a point & shoot camera. This fits the bill perfectly for me.
77 comments| 309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2010
I purchased two of these camera(s) for my (9) and (10) year old for Christmas and they love them. I can't believe the beautiful pictures this inexpensive camera takes indoors and out. The video quality isn't horrible, but I have seen much better...plus there is no sound when you play back your video on the camera. However, sound is captured so when you transfer your pictures and videos to the computer, there is sound during play back. The 3.0" LCD screen is georgous, and allows you to see the true image quality immediately. Plus the camera runs off of AA batteries which is completely convenient....purchase with confidence.
11 comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2009
Excellent camera! Very nice red glossy finish, superb picture quality, Smartphoto technology: features that finds your face and adapts to the lighting of the scenery and much more! Very easy to use, very portable (smaller than a large hand) and what else must I say? Oh yeah! The price is a must buy! Best camera I have had and I HIGHLY recommend it
on December 23, 2009
This is a good camera for the price. It's lightweight and compact. Picture quality is good and it has good features. The only thing that I dislike is that you have to replace the batteries quite frequently. I bought rechargeable batteries, but was disappointed that there is not a charger that fits this camera. Also, if you put it into video mode and play it back there is no sound on the camera. You have to download it to a computer before the audio can be heard. This is my first digital camera so now I will know in the future what features best suit my lifestyle. All in all, a good first time camera.
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2010
I am an advanced amateur user of expensive film cameras for many decades and purchased this as a gift. I am blown away by the quality of these digital images. This is a really nice camera and easy to use - small and compact, too. Although the camera has various settings, the automatic feature on this camera will try to automatically select the setting appropriate for the scene (i.e. backlit subjects that you don't want to come out dark, come out perfectly exposed). I can honestly find nothing wrong for a camera in this price range. And, don't let he price fool you - you get a very good camera with additional settings (should you need them) for a GREAT price and can you believe it even comes with a tripod socket! Kodak has done a nice job with this camera...kudos to them! And, Amazon has great prices - keep up the good work Amazon and I will return.
on January 21, 2010
I was searching for the perfect replacement camera b/c I had accidently dropped mine. I knew I wanted to go with a Kodak camera but there are so many versions. What did I do? I ordered a few that received good reviews and tried them out for myself. Needless to say, this one was a keeper! The pictures are clear and the lighting gets it right everytime! Those were the two things I was looking for, clarity and proper exposure. And with this camera you get both! The amazing thing also was the price! Turns out, this camera was the least expensive out of all the others that I have tried and returned. Go figure!!!
on October 22, 2009
I got this camera and it was very easy to download pictures to your computer. Of course Amazon price is excellent at $95.00. Most places are $119.00. One thing I have to say ,always carry a extra pack of AA batteries if your going to take alot of pictures.Glad to see Kodak have a product thats as good as Nikon and Cannon.Regards Marshall
on May 2, 2010
I bought this camera to use for my work in the home improvement business. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and wanted good photo quality and a large video screen. I needed an SD card to work with my laptop, and AA batteries so that I could use my NiMH rechargeables. I also wanted a thicker body, to make the camera easier to handle while on the job.

This camera had all of the features that I wanted, plus it has a great price at Amazon. I believe that the 3" screen is an exclusive feature in this price range.

I saw several reviews mention short battery life. This didn't matter much to me, as I always carry spares. But in the 3 weeks that I've had this camera, I've used it every day, taking over 300 photos without having to recharge or change the batteries yet. So far, I can't find anything wrong with this one!

I got a Lowepro Rezo 20 case for this camera and it's perfect for my needs. The interior is exactly the right size for the camera, and the front pouch has room for 4 spare batteries and a spare SD card. The belt loop is ideal for use in the field, and it comes with a shoulder strap (which I haven't used).

Amazon sold me the camera, case, and 2GB SD card for less than $100, which included shipping. You can't go wrong!
on August 17, 2010
One Word - Don't

CD80, CD82 and CD182 -- all related models of the same camera, and according to multiple sources, suffers from a power/battery problem.

I bought this as an entry-level camera for my daughter - only to discover it drains batteries faster than a cigarette burns. Seriously, there were many times my daughter would only take 20 or so pictures and then the camera would refuse to turn on until we replaced the batteries.

Kodak's customer repair center refuses to acknowledge the problem and insists customers purchase expensive NiMH or Lithium batteries to resolve the power problem -- even though the directions say alkaline batteries are fine!

After researching this for close to a month, I've found many camera reviews AND rechargeable battery reviews that all point to this issue. Kodak customers are reporting their cameras will only work with high-end rechargeable batteries. Some were close to throwing the camera out. The good news is, the expensive batteries do work, but Kodak directions and packaging all indicate that alkaline batteries are fine...they even ship the cameras with alkaline batteries!

This is a serious issue...most of you will purchase this camera to save money, but be prepared to spend another $15-20 for rechargeable batteries as a required add-on.

Do yourself a favor and get Canon, Nikon or other higher quality brand to save yourself aggravation.
66 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 25, 2010
Although this camera is not designed for children, I bought it for my 4 year old grandson for Christmas. I was able to get in on Amazon at a price not too much more than cameras that ARE designed for children. Those children's cameras are quite sturdy looking, but they had so few mega-pixels and the viewer so small, so I decided to give this one a try. He took to it right away! The little grip area helps him to hold it and he's able to reach the buttons. He has taken some actually pretty amazing pictures with this camera. It goes through the batteries pretty quickly, but he's taking photo after photo after photo much of the time he uses it. Not sure how it would do under more "normal" use. I got a wrap around always on case for it that fit nicely and helps protect the camera.
44 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse