4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this Camera
Published on March 26, 2008 by Diana

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not the best
Published on June 12, 2008 by PinsandNeedles

4.0 out of 5 stars Really like this Camera, March 26, 2008
I have had this camera for a few weeks now and I really like it. In fact I like it better than my digital SLR for the most part. I purchased this because I am a mom and I like to take pictures of my kids when we are out. It really isn't practical to haul an SLR to the park, Disney, etc. So I did a lot of research and went with this one. I love that you can watch the pictures in HD on your TV. It takes good video for a camera (not really an issue for me because I have a video camera. I am very impressed with the overall picture quality. Also the camera has tons of modes to take pictures in and my favorite feature of the camera is that you can crop the picture right there on the camera. Finally, I love that these cameras come in colors it helps make the camera standout so you don't forget it or get it confused at parties. Anyway I am very impressed so far. I only gave it 4 stars because I haven't had it that long.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not the best, June 12, 2008
I bought this camera and returned it the next day. My dad had bought a Casio Exilim z80 so i tested both side by side. First, the casio is smaller and lighter than the kodak which makes it feel better in your hands. As for picture quality, they both were fairly similar, however I would have to say the casio was a tad bit better. When the pictures were enlarged, the casio's images were less pixalated looking. The kodak's video recording was what really shocked me. I took the same video with both cameras. The casio's video was amazingly clear. The kodak on the other hand was horribly grainy looking. I also had a ceiling fan running during both videos. in the kodak video you could hear loud air blowing sounds but the casio didnt have that. another cool thing about the casio is that you can take a picture while recording a video. Both cost about the same and are both 8 MP. in my opinion, check out the casio exilim z80 before the kodak m863. hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, May 19, 2008
This is a great little camera. We purchased it as a gift for our 19 year old son and we were all very impressed with the clarity of the pictures and relative ease of use. I have a Kodak DX7590 which I very much like (especially for the 10X zoom, but am so impressed with this little camera, have purchased another one for myself to keep keep with us all of the time. Just waiting for it to arrive. I also like that it comes with a battery charger, I have seen some similar models that only charge through a USB.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, June 4, 2008
This is a very good little camera for the price. I like the size which easily slips in a pocket. The resolution is decent and you can crop pictures quite a bit without it looking too pixelated. It is easy to download the pictures and the features on the camera are plainly marked. The only problem I have is that it has no viewfinder and it is hard to see the screen in bright sunlight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Italy Photos, July 2, 2008
This review is from: Kodak Easyshare M863 8.2 MP Digital Camera with 3xOptical Zoom (Black) (Electronics)
I'm not a professional photographer and I don't like cameras with too many features. This camera is easy to use and takes fabulous pictures with the simplest Auto setting. I turned off the flash and left it on the Auto setting all through my Italy visit and came back with the most amazing pictures. The shots impressed professional photographers (not only because Italy itself is picturesque beyond words!). I also got a few one- or two-minute video clips which played beautifully on my computer. The camera is small and thin and fits in my little purse. I dropped it a couple of times and nothing happened to it. I recommend this camera wholeheartedly to all who travel (or not).

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Camera, April 24, 2008
It is very satisfactory and has fun options right there in the camera. So if u just like to take pictures for the fun of it and like to customize your photos, this is the camera for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay camera for the price., July 13, 2008
Chris (Charlotte, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I am giving this camera 3 stars because the 'right arrow' on the circle pad stopped working after 3 months. Otherwise this is a really nice camera.

Pros:
- Easy to use menus
- Feels very solid in your hand. Well made.
- Focuses quickly and takes pictures quickly
- Takes great 5 megapixel photos!
- Screen is large and clear
- Includes the kodak easy share software
- Cool color!
- Fits nicely in your pocket or purse. Perfect for vacations.
- Video recording works quite well.
- When taking vertical shots the screen automatically adjust the image so that it is not horizontal. This is a VERY nice feature! Not sure what that feature is called but it's cool. :) Pictures stay right side up when you copy them to PC as well.

Cons:
- 'Right arrow' key on the navigation pad stopped working at 3 months.
- 'Left arrow' key on the navigation pad is really hard to press because of screen size.
- You absolutely cannot see the screen during bright sunlight.
- Doesn't do so well on night pictures. Has trouble focusing and takes very grainy pictures. I was so unhappy with my Vegas pictures!
- Pictures are a bit grainy at 8.2 megapixel but it of course doesn't affect your prints. Who actually views pics at 8.2 anyway?
- Viewing screen scratches easily. I recommend a protective cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended- power problems, May 11, 2009
I can't recommend this digital camera. I purchased it in late 2008 and have used it a few times. I've been careful to keep the battery charged. It recently began to malfunction and cannot be repaired. The camera turns on for a second, but then immediately powers off again. Switching to a new battery does not help; nor does removing the memory card or attempting to operate the camera on AC power. In short, the camera is useless. I searched online to find troubleshooting information and found dozens of people having the same problem with this camera. It's too bad, because it took good photos.

1.0 out of 5 stars MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT!!!, June 10, 2008
I am so disappointed : ( I bought this camera to take pictures of my kids. Unless your kids are perfectly trained not to move an inch when they see a camera & your house is professionally lit, I can't see how you would be satisfied with this camera. I took pictures in every different scenario imaginable and used all the different settings. The outside pictures of landscape turned out beautiful! Every other picture was grainy and/or blurry. If your into scenic photography this camera can't be beat for the price, but your planning on taking pictures of live people or animals look elsewhere. I even called Kodak and was told they have had ALOT of complaints about grainy/blurry pictures with this camera. They're advice was to try a couple of different settings for taking pictures of the kids & to "make sure you hold the camera perfectly still to avoid blurry pictures". Anyone else out there able to get a 2 year old to sit still & hold a pose while you try not to move a muscle & still get a decent picture? I've decided this is not the camera for me, so I'm sending it back. I've had a 5MP Kodak camera for the past 3 1/2 years and have had no problems until recently. I just don't think they make things like they used to even 3 short years ago. This is the second camera I've purchased to replace the old one, it's also the second disappointment. I'm not an expert photographer by any means, but to me, point & shoot means POINT & SHOOT. It doesn't mean point, change every setting imaginable, turn on 12 more lights, strap your kids in a highchair to make them sit still, then freeze yourself (except one finger to push the button), and then shoot. MAJOR LET DOWN!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, August 7, 2008
I bought this camera after reading the reviews, and saw some were less then thrilled with their camera. After purchasing it, I can say, "This is great!". It takes fantastic pictures in the dark and in the middle of the day. The zoom option is fantastic and the stabilization option couldn't be better. I even took some pictures while I was in a moving vehicle and I saw no blur and it was really clear. I'd defiantly recommend this camera to anyone who was considering buying it.

Rate and Discover Movies