5.0 out of 5 stars A Splendid, Easy-to-Use, Camera
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:25 Mins
==================================================================================================================================
Published on October 27, 2011 by Lawrence H. Bulk

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Camera
I have had this camera for almost a year now. I am constantly taking pictures of my kids to scrapbook. I've always used Kodak cameras, so when my last one broke, naturally, I bought another Kodak. This camera is awful. It freezes after every picture, so I need to take the battery out to reset it each time. It takes 10 minutes to zoom in or out and it takes pictures...
Published on June 26, 2012 by Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars A Splendid, Easy-to-Use, Camera, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Kodak Easyshare Touch M5370 16 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch Capacitive Touchscreen LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
Length:: 1:25 Mins

IMPORTANT UPDATE February 9, 2012: It has just been announced that Kodak is exiting the digital camera business. Please see Comment #7 for further details. Nonetheless, because it is so good, I still highly recommend buying this camera.

I am very pleased with this little Kodak Easyshare Touch M5370 Digital Camera (Blue) and I am certain than anyone buying one will be just as pleased.

Ease of use is very important, in my opinion, in small cameras such as this which are meant for snapshots, both candid and posed. When taking such pictures, the user often does not have the time nor the inclination to play with camera settings. He or she just wants to turn the camera on and take the pictures (or videos) quickly - and have them turn out perfectly.

That's what you will achieve with this camera 99% of the time - and that with just using the Smart Capture mode.

Turning on is almost instantaneous and turning off is equally quick.

You can see from my video that the camera adjusts to scenes with different light levels quickly and unobtrusively. Focus is automatic (of course) and very quick. (When taking video, sound is recorded even when zooming.)

Not only do videos turn out perfectly, so do still pictures - and without any extraneous input from the photographer.

Just turn it on and fire away.

Of course this camera is primarily intended for stills. (I do not know of any way to add a still picture to this review; that's why I attached a video taken with the camera. At least you can see the quality of the images it produces.)

(Regarding video, I might mention that, contrary to the printed instruction manual which shows an option of video at 1920 x 1080, and contrary to at least one review here which states that the camera takes 1080p video, it does NOT take video at this level. It has but two options: 720p and VGA video. With a 4 GB Micro-SDHC card, this translates to 29 minutes at 720p and 2 and a half hours at VGA level. My video was taken at 720p.)

I very much like the touchscreen controls and I have to admit that I was somewhat apprehensive about them. I needn't have been. They are as easy to use as is possible and, as I indicated, you do not actually have to use them if you don't want to. Your pictures will almost always turn out just the way you want them.

The colors produced are vivid and beautiful (as you can see in the video, taken on a Fall afternoon around 3:30 PM). Different color types are available and easily accessed for those who wish to modify the look of pictures; even black-and-white and sepia tone are offered.

For those who are more advanced, there are options offered in-camera to crop a picture, adjust its color, and several other things besides. (I have not as yet used these options.) Videos, likewise, can be edited in-camera. These options are really nice to have and can prove very useful to many people. In other words, you can improve your photographic results without the need to buy expensive computer programs and your photographic knowledge can improve without outgrowing the camera.

There are also several other settings, including a Program (programmable) setting, for those who wish to exercise more control of their pictures. This Program setting too is extremely easy to use.

I REALLY like the facial-recognition feature and the ability to automatically (or manually) 'tag' pictures with the names of people. Not only does this feature allow identification of people when viewing the pictures on the camera's screen, the tags carry over when you download the pictures onto your computer. (I use a Linux viewing program called Gwenview and, when I view a picture tagged via this camera, the name(s) of the people are clearly displayed. I am sure that other image viewing programs available for Windows and Mac will do the same thing.)

Now to the nitty-gritty. This camera has a Schneider-KREUZNACH lens which appears to be of good quality (this company has always had a good reputation). It features an optical zoom ratio of 5:1 (equivalent to a 28-140 mm lens on a 35 mm camera) which is adequate for most people and will not require the use of a tripod (as do lenses of large zoom ratios). By the way, if you do use a tripod, you will find that a tripod mount will not interfere with battery/Micro-SD card access.

The lens is somewhat slow (f 3.9 - 5.7) which is about the norm for cameras of this class. It is unfortunate that it is not somewhat faster (allowing more light to be registered). With such a small camera and with so many mega-pixels (16) crowded into a tiny sensor, "noise" ("grain" in film image terminology) is inevitable under low-light conditions when pictures are taken without flash. While this "noise" is not inordinately obtrusive under normal household illumination, critical viewers will easily be able to spot it.

The camera does have several flash options, all easily accessible from the main screen (even in Smart Capture mode); you can set the flash to Auto Flash, Always-on Flash (for use outdoors when you want fill-in flash), Auto-Red-Eye removal (pre-fires a small flash so the subject's pupils contract somewhat), or No Flash at all. (Even with Smart Capture, there are certain things that you yourself will have to "tell" the camera what you want.) Using flash will alleviate any "noise" problem indoors under low light.

While the camera does have a small capacity built-in memory, you will definitely want to buy an optional Micro-SDHC card. I bought this Kodak micro SD 4 GB Class 2 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter KSDMI4GBPSBNAA. This one is inexpensive and comes complete with an SD adapter, necessary to use to insert the card into most computers which have card readers. (I do not know why Kodak chose to use the Micro SD format which is much less widely used than the "plain" SD format; we have a Fujifilm FinePix T300 14 MP Digital Camera with Fujinon 10x Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens (Black) which is just about the same size as this Kodak and it uses a normal SD card. The Micro-SD size is awfully small, especially for my fingers. But there it is.) 4 GB offers 749 pictures at the maximum quality (much more at lesser quality). That's a lot of pictures!

I also bought this Kodak 1972736 Hard Camera Case (Black) from Amazon. (Right now it is selling for $2.99! Other colors are available but they cost $12.99. So I "settled" for black!) It is a very nice case offering good protection. It also has room for an extra Micro-SDHC card as well as a spare battery or two.

Regarding spare batteries and external chargers: do NOT buy Kodak's offerings. They are too costly. Buy this 2Pcs Battery+Charger for Fuji NP-45 NP-45A instead. Not only do you get an external charger, you get not one but TWO spare batteries. PLEASE NOTE: The NP-45 battery is exactly the same as the Kodak Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery KLIC-7006 used in the camera. Just compare the prices for their battery and their charger.

To protect the LCD screen I strongly recommend this 3x Kodak Easyshare M5370 Camera Premium Invisible Clear LCD Screen Protector Cover Guard Shield Protective Film Kit (3 Pieces). It is very inexpensive, it fits perfectly, and it is easy to apply. Plus, in the package, you get three shields; you can use the other two for any other appropriately-sized product you may have.

As I use a variant of the Linux computer operating system and Kodak does not support this, I cannot comment on photo sharing. Frankly, I have no interest in that (I do not belong to Facebook, Twitter, or any other social network) but, knowing Kodak, I am sure that their sharing function works well and is easy to use. I'll refer you to other reviews here which may comment about this feature in much greater detail.

To sum up, I like this little camera very much. The pictures produced by it are exemplary. No one need ever be embarrassed by their quality. The same applies to the video produced by it. I plan to carry it wherever I go; I have always wanted to do this (there have been several times when I wished I had a camera along when I saw something which would make a nice photo) but, until now, I did not have the means for doing so. (I do not have a "smart" cell phone and, in any case, most of the pictures I have seen produced with such cameras do not match the quality of a dedicated camera, at least in my opinion.) So this one will be with me always. It will not replace my "main" camera (a much more sophisticated model) but being so small and of such high quality, it may be available when my "main" one is not.

Obviously I give it a very high recommendation. I thank you for reading this, for watching my video, and for considering my opinions.

Update: December 6, 2011

Courtesy of Amazon Vine, I now own both this Fujifilm FinePix T300 14 MP Digital Camera with Fujinon 10x Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens (Black) and this Kodak Easyshare Touch M5370 16 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch Capacitive Touchscreen LCD (Blue).

The Fujifilm camera has many more possible adjustments than does the Kodak plus it has a 10:1 zoom lens as opposed to the Kodak's 5:1 lens but the Kodak is much the easier of the two to use.

I have taken some pictures back-to-back with both and, at least in my opinion, pictures taken with both are nearly identical in quality.

Since the Kodak is the easier to use, I have given it to my wife and I myself will use the Fujifilm model.

But either would make a fine choice and I am very pleased with both of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Camera that Can!, October 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Kodak M5370 is a little gem that was built for fun and convenience. And with 16 mega-pixels, it can also deliver quality prints. In the hands of a skilled photographer, this camera can produce photos almost as good as those that are produced by a single lens reflex.

PROS:

1. The photos you'll get with this little camera are pixel-dense, so you can enlarge your photos up to 40" x 30" (or the biggest size on your printer). It offers almost double the pixels of my very expensive single lens reflex camera.

2. Colors are accurate, and, with the 5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Optical Zoom Lens, sharpness is excellent (with a single exception mentioned below). This is especially valuable because sharpening photos in digital labs will sometimes pixelate your photo and, therefore, may not produce the results you hoped for.

3. The camera itself is tiny and weighs very little, making it perfect to slip in a pocket or purse where it can be easily retrieved for quick use. Say you're on a shopping trip, and you wonder "Is this the right scarf for Aunt Maisy?" Grab a quick shot, head for the nearest internet connection, and upload your find to you mom for an almost instant response. Another step into the future of photography!

4. Play with your photos while they're still in the camera. Crop them, change their color or get rid of color altogether, decorate them with frames - there's plenty of options for editing your photos before you get home. The easy-to-use touch screen provides you lots of possibilities -- instantly!

5. Share those shots with friends. Upload your photos directly to Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites, plus you can send them directly to photo printers like those at drugstores and pick up prints on your way home (depending on the speed of the printer, not your camera.

6. And my favorite - blue. Now I had to wonder why I cared if my camera was blue, but that was before I actually used it. Here's one reason you might want a camera of a different color - identification. The size of this camera, small, will not distinguish it from any other pocket camera in your collection, but its color will. Grab and go just got a little easier.

CONS:

1. I'm still attempting to find a little camera that produces a sharp image at only inches from the subject. This one comes close, but I'm not ready to award it my seal of perfection.

2. The memory in the camera holds very few photos (only eight for me). Since I'm using the highest number of pixels, this is not a great surprise, but to use the camera as I usually do required the purchase of a microSDHC. The camera will now hold a reasonable number of pictures -- but be aware that the microSDHC is NOT included in the box. You must purchase it as a separate item.

OVERALL:

With the exceptions I've mentioned above, I could hardly be more pleased with this little camera. And my objections are not serious enough to deny stars, so the Kodak M5370 gets all five.

Five Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected!, November 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great camera. I have had a few cameras, most were point and shoot, but I had an SLR way back in the stone age when you actually had to load film in a camera. What? How do you upload pics to Facebook with a film camera? I know...

I am not a camera expert by any stretch of the imagination. My wife is, and she likes this camera. Her photos are mainly close ups of food that she uses for her blog. Great pictures, makes me jealous. I had her put down her DSLR and try some shots with this Kodak Easyshare. The pictures turned out fantastic, and she gave it her stamp of approval.

Here are the things I like about this camera,

-You can charge it with a USB cable hooked to your PC, or use the supplied USB cable and wall plug. I am not a fan of cameras that take regular batteries that constantly need to be changed, or cameras that need to have the included battery removed and placed on a charger.

-Uploading pictures to your computer is pretty effortless and automatic. Set the destination once and it does the rest of the work for you.

-You can take a picture, edit it, tag it, add comments, then the next time you connect it to your PC the camera will upload the picture and comments to Facebook. That is a pretty handy feature.

-The touchscreen is fantastic. It is very intuitive and easy to use. I like the touchscreen much better than having to play with buttons and a scroll wheel.

-The camera only takes about a second to take a picture when you first turn it on. That means you are much less likely to miss a shot waiting for your camera to turn on.

-There are a lot of settings built into the camera. While I mainly use Smartcapture, which takes excellent pictures, there are a number of other settings. Long exposure, landscape which takes amazing landscape pictures and stitches the pictures together seamlessly, sepia, etc. You can also crop the picture right on the camera.

-I also like that the camera is small and very lightweight. It easily slides into the front pocket of my jeans and can even be carried in a shirt pocket for easy access.

I am very happy with this camera and I expect it to serve me well for a long time.

***Warning*** While this camera does make it very easy to take pictures and upload them to Facebook, please try to be a little discriminating in that process. I have a number of friends, that shall remain nameless, that constantly take and upload pictures of their "precious children" to Facebook. Seriously? I do not need to see a picture every time your child smiles at a bird or dog. That is only interesting to you. While I would like to see pictures of things that interest you, or your children, once in a while is sufficient. I do not need 5 new pictures of your daughter before I have even finished my first cup of coffee in the morning. Thank you for understanding. I will now step down off my soapbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Digital Camera, June 12, 2012
Although the interface for this camera is a little different than what I expected, I think that it has turned out to be a really great camera. I've been using the Easyshare Touch M5370 for about two weeks now, and I have taken some pretty amazing pictures.

The different modes are really helpful when trying to capture pictures in low lighting or fast motion. If you buy this camera make sure to utilize the different modes (there are many) to take full advantage of what this camera can do. Also, you have the options to edit the photos right on the camera, which is pretty cool.

Pros:
Great touch screen (better than I expected)
Good flash
Nice on camera editing capabilities
Option to tag photos on camera and sort by tags, date, ect.
Facial recognition for tagging photos. (it does actually work on many of my photos, surprisingly!)
Many modes for different lighting/scenarios
Decent low lighting photos (as long as you chose the appropriate mode - some other reviews say it just has an "okay" low lighting photo, but I think it's pretty amazing as long as you are in the right mode and not just the standard "program" mode)
The color of the blue model is stunning!
Comes to camera strap!

Cons:
Was worried at first that the cameras appearance seemed a little cheap (however it has has been sturdy so far and was okay even after I dropped it the other day)
The touch screen layout was a tad confusing at first (different from anything I have used before - was able to figure it out though)

Overall I really recommend this camera. It is a great buy for this price on Amazon!
I love it so far. I was skeptical at first because I looked at so many camera and been pouring through Amazon reviews to find the "perfect camera" and it seemed like every camera I found had its flaws. But in the end after using this one I think its amazing and great for anyone that wants to take digital pictures and doesn't have around $400 to spend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Touch Camera for a Nice Price, December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This little camera is one of the easiest and most intuitive digital cameras I have ever used. Right out of the box, it is simple to start using. There are only five control buttons that are all clearly marked. The start-up time is minimal; so, you can quickly take a picture after turning it on. The touchscreen is vivd and using it is similar to a screen on a smartphone. Much of the operation of the camera can be done from the screen.

The camera comes with a rechargeable battery. Unlike other cameras I have owned, you do not need to remove the battery and place it in an adapter to charge. This one can be charged simply by plugging the mini-USB cable into a computer or the (included) plug. It is hugely convenient to be able to charge the camera quickly and easily--similar to how you charge a smartphone or iPad.

The picture quality itself is quite high for a relatively low-priced point and shoot camera. The colors are quite vivid. I did have some problems in low light and indoor settings. With some setting tweaks, I was able to improve on this some. This has been an issue with every digital camera I have ever owned--although each successive point-and-shoot I get seems to be improving. I also had some minor problems with blur when I take picture of quickly moving kids. However, I have not found a camera in (or near) this price range that has managed to successfully prevent this from happening.

One of the coolest features of this camera is the ability to edit and add captions and tags to pictures directly from the touchscreen. I have had other cameras that say they can do something similar but it is quite difficult; the touchscreen makes this a breeze.

The share feature is quite interesting. It allows you to automatically upload and share designated pictures (with edits, tags, captions, etc.) to facebook, flickr, and other sites once the camera is connected to a computer. This is a useful feature who shares pictures often. However, I found myself reluctant to use it since I like to see my pictures on a larger screen (and edit further if needed) before posting them. I will acknowledge that this feature could be a huge time-saver if used on a regular basis.

The camera itself (as with most) has very little built in memory; I could fit 3-7 pictures depending on settings. It does allow for a Micro SDHC card, which I am not sure that I like. These cards are so tiny that it is quite easy to lose them. I accidentally dropped one while sitting on the sofa and had to spend several minutes searching through cushions to find it. But, this seems to be the trend with cameras. I am not sure what was wrong with regular SD cards. Oh well, that is a very minor concern with an otherwise fantastic little camera.

The biggest plus is the cost. This is a remarkably affordable camera considering the features that it includes.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a Person Needing an Easy-to-use Camera - this is GREAT!, January 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not a camera afficianado by any stretch. I want crisp clear photos, like anyone else, but I don't want to learn F-stops and such - I need an "idiot camera". My previous camera is an 8.0 megapixel A835 by G.E. (G.E. Aspheric Zoom Lens, 3X 6.1-18.3mm 1:2.8 - 4.8). It was a big step up from my previous digital camera, so you can tell that I don't have to have the top of the line.

This Kodak M5370 EasyShare Touch has 16 megapixels and 5X zoom (Schneider-Kreuznach, 28mm WIDE - 140mm (Equivalent)) so it is a very nice step up from my G.E. It is an idiot camera in that you don't need a lot of knowledge to operate, but it is not an inferior camera. The quality of the photos I've taken is very good, certainly meets my needs.

The M5370 is better than my old camera for more reasons than its increased pixels and zoom. On my old camera, changing the zoom was done by a toggle on the back. Press one side of the toggle to zoom in, other side for zoom out. This M5370 EasyShare has the zoom using a small lever on the top of the camera. I like it better because you do not have to move your finger from one side of a toggle to the other. It's a smoother, easier operation.

The camera has limited memory for photo/video storage, but so does my old camera. You need to purchase a separate memory card. It uses a microSDHC disc (very small, for use in some phones, also). I purchased this class 2 Kodak 8 GB card, which comes with an SDHC adapter. According to the packaging on this memory card, it will hold 5000 5-megapixel photos. So, on the average, it should hold 1,562 16-megapixel photos, which still works for me.
Kodak micro SD 8 GB Class 2 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter KSDMI8GBPSBNAA

The M5370 uses a rechargable Li-ion00 battery. I give the G.E. an edge on this, as it uses AA batteries, but to me it is six of one and half dozen of another. Depending on the situation, either version has drawbacks. That said, though, the M5370 has a great set-up. I bought myself a spare battery, the Kodak KLIC-7006:
Kodak 3.7 Volt Li-Ion Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery - KLIC-7006

You need only ONE cable for the M5370. You use it to connect your camera to the computer. You don't need a second cable for recharging, because the computer cable plugs into a "switching adapter", basically a two-prong plug, which you then plug into an electrical outlet to charge the battery. My camera before the G.E. had two cables, so I think this set-up is pretty great. I would suggest to Kodak an alteration to the switching adapter, making it so that the two prongs can fold away for easier storage of the adapter itself, but overall, it's nice to have only one cable. I've added a photo above showing how the computer cable plugs into the adapter.

The first time I plugged the M5370 into the computer, to upload photos, I got the pop-up asking if I wanted to install the KODAK Share Button App. You have to install the app to use the share feature on the camera. (The share feature is pretty awesome, so I'll get to that next.) Unfortunately, the app would not install from this initial pop-up. The mini-manual which came with the camera had directions for that, though. You go to the Kodak website and install from there. That's what I did. You have to create a Kodak Gallery account (email address, 1st name & password), which takes half a minute. From there you add places to which you may want to automatically share photos or videos you take on your camera. YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are three of the several places available.

I have a facebook account. In order to add my facebook account to Autoshare, I had to add the KODAK Share Button app to facebook account. It's really easy; you just "allow" the KODAK Share Button account on facebook, just like any game app, etc. And it's just as easy to delete on facebook if you change your mind.

Easy share is pretty amazing. While a photo or video is on your camera, you tag it with facebook (or whatever). Then, when you upload the photos/videos from your camera to the computer, the photo you tagged (and only the ones you tagged) are automatically posted on your facebook page.

Just a note, in case it's pertinent to you, you do NOT have to have KODAK Share Button installed on your computer in order to copy photos from your camera to the computer. Before I installed the Share Button app, I copied photos and videos from my camera to a desktop file with no problem.

The M5370 has lots of cool options for simple photo manipulation, that works right on the camera. As an intelligent plus, when you've manipulated a photo, the camera asks you if you want to override the original photo, or save the manipulated photo as a new photo. Very smart. That way, if your manipulation didn't quite work out, you can try it again on the original photo.

I've added two imperfect photos above to just give you an idea of two of the options available. One is "Background Blur". When you select this, the whole photo is blurred, and then, using your finger, you paint which part of the photo you want to unblur. The photo above shows the photo blurred except for the man sitting on the floor, who I painted. Note, this is just a quick try, to give you an idea of how it works.

I added a second photo above showing the "Caption" option available. You get to pick on which of the four sides of the photo has the caption. In the example I show, I added a caption to all four sides. You can't do this on one pass though. You add a caption to one side, save it as a new photo, then bring that photo with the caption up again, add a caption on another side, save it by "replacing original", bring the photo with two captions up again, add a caption on a third side, etc. It is easy to do, but it just takes a few steps.

An 81-page Extended User Guide is available on the Kodak website (the address is given in the mini-guide included with the camera). You can view it on-line, or on PDF to view or print out. Kodak also has several How-To videos on it's website.

I purchased this case for the camera, which is nicely padded, and fits it perfectly. It has an outside zip pouch for carrying an extra memory card and battery. Caselogic TBC-302 FFP Compact Camera Case (Black)

Like any "touch" screen, a "touch" may not always work on the first try, and it is difficult to keep it smudge free.

Overall, this is really a great camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars so far I love it, November 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This camera takes great pictures and is very user friendly. I have an old Kodak Easy Share and a Canon Sure Shot. I like this much better than either of those. The touch screen makes it easy to use and it's much more intuitive than the Canon Sure Shot as to settings etc. When it's on auto it does a very good job of compensating for back lighting, snow etc. I'll try to upload a photo I took or our recent October blizzard on the automatic setting.

You should know, however, that the internal memory will only hold about five photos and the camera does not come with a memory card. Also, it takes a micro memory card, something I didn't even know existed, so I suggest you order one when you order the camera unless you want to be told "memory is full" after five shots. As seems to be the norm now with new electronics, the user's guide is minimally informative - it doesn't even mention what kind of memory card the camera requires, for example - perhaps there is more on-line but I haven't gone there yet.

I will update this review as I use the camera more and learn more of its capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easiest digital camera I've ever used!, November 17, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the perfect camera for those in your life that hate technology. If they just want a literal "point-and-shoot" camera, this should be on your short list.

It's literally got a switch for camera or video - that's it. No other messing around with white balance, ISO, etc. It's definitely not for the photography enthusiast, as there are no real options to enhance/change your picture settings.

It's an all touchscreen camera. I was hesitant, as some other touchscreen products I have (Sansa Fuze+) I despise due to a clunky interface. Luckily, Kodak got it right. The touchscreen is very responsive, easy to zoom in and out, and easy to flip through pictures like a digital picture frame. I love using it - super easy.

The picture quality has been very good. It rivals my Canon Elph SD770, which takes fantastic pictures. It's far better than my Panasonic digital camera (Panasonic's take awful pictures). There is very little digital noise (fuzziness/pixelation), which is always a concern with a high megapixel camera.

This camera connects to your computer seamlessly with a micro USB cable. You can take photos and upload them easily to Facebook, Flickr, etc. It'll even recognize up to 20 faces in your photo and tag them all with names! It's a very handy feature if you do a lot of uploading of photos to social networking sites.

It uses a micro SDHC card, which is a slight annoyance. I'm not quite sure why cameras are moving towards micro SDHC over just regular SDHC. It's not like anyone I know has said "man, these SDHC cards are just SO big and cumbersome!" Micro SD cards are just SO small, and SO easy to drop and lose. Plus you need to use an SD adapter to plug in into your memory reader in your computer. To me, it's just an annoyance that isn't necessary.

I had a problem with the camera freezing while taking pictures, viewing pictures, or even taking video. The only solution was to take out the battery and pop it back in. I called Kodak, and they said it's likely a bad micro SDHC memory card. Sure enough, as soon as I took the card out, the camera worked perfectly.

This is a great, straightforward, nice quality camera for everyday use. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great touch screen camera, October 25, 2011
Gadgetman (Saratoga, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been using my Canon powershot SD series camera for many years for point-and-shoot pictures taking. This Kodak Easyshare touch screen camera provides an unique pictures taking experience in terms of simplicity and ease of use.

Below is a list of what I like about this camera :

Touch screen control.
- the camera has five control buttons (power on/off, shutter/zoom, video recording, play back/revew, and easy share) which greatly simplifies the operations. The touch screen display is 3" in size. It is very sensitive and provides similar experience as your iphone (except that it is not a multi-touch screen)
- The touch screen menu is quite intuitive which allows us to set various picture taking modes, flashes, timer, and date/time stamp.
- The display shows the number of pictures remaining and the amount of video recording time available based on the storage capacity

Ease of use
- The camera automatically installs the Kodak Easy share software the first time you plug it in your PC. It walks a through a list of questions to tailor our sharing preferences (eg email accounts and websites for sending and uploading the photos/videos). I tried the facebook upload feature and it worked flawless by creating a new album with the picture on my facebook account
- the camera has a 26 MB built-in internal memory and a slot for micro-SD cards. We can also drag-and-drop the pictures / videos using the windows explorer if we choose to bypass using the Kodak easyshare software for uploading the pictures.
- ability to charge the battery through the PC's USB port.

Picture and video quality
- the pictures are of great clarity with the 16 megapixels resolution
- provides good quality 1080p HD video recording
- 26 mm wide angle lens and 5X zooms

What I would like to see better for this camera :

- the micro USB connector on the camera seemed to be intentionally designed to make a tight fit. It requires some amount of force to connect the USB cable. This could also presents the risk of damaging the connector.
- the camera SD card slot only takes micro (not full-sized) SD cards

Overall, I am quite pleased with this camera particularly with its touch screen controls.

P.S. A full product manual is available on the Kodak support web site.

4.0 out of 5 stars Specifications are not accurate on amazon advertisement, November 6, 2011
TC (NC, United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This camera is a 16 MP camera--not a 14 MP camera. I have the camera in hand and the box says 16. So i thought I was sent the wrong camera. I then verified that the model i received was the model amazon was saying was 14 mp.

I then went to Kodak's website--it says 16 MP. So, I would say this is a 16 MP camera and amazon is in error.

Next: I could find vague mention in my material that the camera had an internal memory but that they recommend an 8 GB micro SDHC class 4 or higher card. So first, I tried to determine how much internal memory it has---the kodak website has it listed as 64 MB in one place and 18 MB in another. I have not called Kodak myself--but it is disconcerting to me that I can't find reliable information on this camera.

Regardless---anyone purchasing this camera should plan on buying a micro SDHC card (class 4 or higher). The higher the class, my understanding, the faster it writes--so don't skip on that in my opinion, especially if you are going to take multiple pictures in a row or use video. Also, people have complained that it uses a micro card rather than regular SD--my guess is that this is because a micro card uses less battery and it saves space--allowing for more advanced camera features to be packed in and not sacrificing on memory.

The way the memory works is that it will automatically write to your card, but if your card gets full, it will switch over to camera memory. You can transfer anything that is on the microSD card by plugging it into your computer directly (using a SD converter that comes with the card) or by leaving it in the camera and plugging the camera into your computer.

To me, the easy share to facebook, etc. is a little gimmicky and misleading. There is no wifi on this camera so it only uploads to facebook, etc, once you plug it into your computer. It does save time because you don't have to go to the picture in the computer and upload it--but i wouldn't consider paying extra for this feature or buying it just because of this feature.

The touch screen is great, but in bright sun you really miss the viewfinder. Other than bright sun, it is great though and much better than using a view finder. And touching the screen and navigating the menu is very easy. I resisted touch screen cameras in the past thinking it was gimmicky, that finger prints would drive me crazy, and that it needlessly added to the price. Well, at this point, I can say I prefer touch screen and they no longer add much to the cost of the camera. And for me, finger prints haven't been an issue. The ease of use is great and offsets any negative such as fingerprints.

Pictures on this camera are comparable to others in the same price point. This isn't a price point where you can expect to have perfect pictures in low light. This is a compact, point and shoot camera. It works better than cameras on cell phones but it is no DSLR. My children have cameras that cost about $100 each (panasonic), and the pictures on this are slightly nicer. they are crisp and clear as long as there is plenty of light.

There may be advantages to the easyshare if you have an easyshare printer. I do not so I can not comment on this feature.

The biggest disadvantage is that to charge the battery, you have to plug in the camera. I much prefer cameras that have charges that charge the battery separately--that way you can charge a spare while still using the camera.

Overall, I would recommend this camera. The blue color is beautiful (accurate on amazon's page). It is very compact and takes good pictures for its class. Make sure you buy a MICRO SDHC card or the camera won't be of much use (it will hold some pictures on the camera without the card, but not many). These cards can be purchased for less than $10.

UPDATE: After taking multiple pictures I would say that 90% of the pictures are good. They aren't as good as a DSLR but for the average user, this takes great pictures. Low light pictures are the poorest--but that is to be expected from a camera this size. Overall, I would say low light pictures are good enough--slightly less in quality than the daytime pictures (they are grainier).

The video does a good job in daylight. again, with low light it is very grainy.