Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Kodak Easyshare Z612 6.1 MP Digital Camera with 12..." and save 80% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Kodak Easyshare Z612 6.1 MP Digital Camera with 12xOptical Zoom
- Compact digital camera with a powerful zoom and precision optics, a 6.1 megapixel resolution, and easy-to-use controls
- Record VGA video at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels at 30 fps with sound, and print multiple frames on a 4 x 6 inch print
- With 32 MB internal memory and the ability for expanded external memory via the SD/MMC card slot, you can keep shooting pictures longer
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery provides continuous and reliable power; can be recharged easily via the included battery charger
- 12x Optical zoom
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||2 fps|
|Display Size||2.5 inches|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||800|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/MMC card, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Description||Multi-zone, Center Spot|
|Focus Type||Autofocus & Manual|
|ISO Range||Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, (800 at 1 MP)|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 3:2|
|Item Dimensions||2.91 x 2.72 x 4.09 inches|
|Item Weight||0.73 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||10 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F4.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||420 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||2,848|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||16 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||6.1 MP|
|Optical Sensor Size||1/2.5"|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Shipping Weight||2.25 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Kodak Lithium-Ion & charger|
|Video Capture Format||MPEG-4|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480, 320 x 240, 30 fps, MPEG-4 (with stereo audio)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
The Kodak Z612 features an all-glass 12x Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon f2.8 to f4.8 optical zoom 35 to 420 millimeter lens that delivers extraordinary performance and sharp pictures, as well as image stabilization that enables improved image quality at longer zoom ranges and slower shutter speeds. This camera includes a 6.1-megapixel sensor that delivers excellent resolution for prints up to 30 x 40 inches, and provides you with five resolution settings that give you the freedom to pick between quality and quantity per what suits you best at the time. The Z612 lets you view your pictures with brilliance and clarity on its high-resolution, indoor/outdoor viewable 2.5-inch color LCD display, or its high-resolution electronic viewfinder, whether you are shooting vertically or horizontally, both views feature auto picture rotation. You can also quick magnify up to 8x, fast scroll through images, or view multi-up in review mode. And with 32MB internal memory and the ability for expanded external memory via the SD/MMC card slot, you can keep shooting pictures. The Z612's Kodak Lithium-ion rechargeable digital camera battery has an outstanding capacity that provides continuous and reliable power and can be recharged easily via the included Kodak Lithium-ion battery charger.
The simple-to-use video features on the Z612 let you record VGA video at a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels at 30 frames per second (fps) with sound, and zoom during the video for increased versatility. Image stabilization enables a steady capture, and you can lessen memory use via MPEG-4 compression. This unit also lets you print multiple frames on a 4 x 6-inch print, or save single frames for later e-mail to family or friends. The Kodak Perfect Touch technology on the Z612 makes your pictures as vivid as when you took them, with better, brighter images that show richer detail and clear up dark shadows to reveal brighter smiles. This camera features on-camera cropping, a histogram function that lets you verify the exposure of your picture on live view, quick view, and review. The Kodak Z612 provides you the option of eight different scene modes, including; portrait, landscape, bright, action, close-up, party, text and museum modes, as well as five color modes, including high, low, natural, sepia, and black and white.
Kodak's Z612 gives you multiple choices in customizing your controls, such as Program mode, Aperture priority mode, and Shutter priority mode. This camera also lets you manually set your exposure compensation, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO equivalents, and includes auto and manual controls for white balance, flash mode, autofocus, and exposure metering. The exclusive Kodak Color Science image processing chip provides vibrant, true-to-life colors in every picture using advanced algorithms and hardware acceleration features that let it make instantaneous and advanced analysis of collected scene data to influence picture quality. Not dubbed the Easyshare for nothing, this camera lets you share pictures right out the back of the camera using its exclusive share button, or transfer pictures at high speeds to your PC or other devices via the built-in USB 2.0 connection. And with the included Easyshare software, you can organize your pictures to find them instantly, select from a variety of easy-to-use printing options, share pictures with family and friends, as well as get creative with or edit your pictures in a variety of ways. This compact unit weighs 10.6 ounces without batteries, and measures 4.1 x 2.9 x 2.7 inches (W x H x D).
What's in the Box
The Z612 Zoom digital camera, Kodak rechargeable Lithium-ion digital camera battery, Kodak Lithium-ion battery charger or equivalent, USB and AV cables, lens cap with strap, neck strap, Kodak Easyshare software, Getting Started kit, custom camera insert for optional Kodak Easyshare camera and printer docks.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
1. There are dedicated buttons for setting focus, flash, timer, review, information, delete, menue and share photos. Because the buttons require a solid punch, I have not not had the problem of accidentally resetting the camera when handling it. This makes the camera easy to use.
2. The x12 zoom works great and so does the image stabilization. I was able to take photos of people without a tripod from significant distances (15-20 feet) allowing for candid, non-intrusive shots of subjects. Because there are blur and poor exposure warnings, almost all of my photos came our sharp and bright. At the longer distances on the flash range, it was necessary to enhance the exposure in editing and I was amazed at the quality of the correction. Unless I was very close to the subject, the skin tones were good. I have submitted some sample images for your review.
3. I really like the software that comes with the camera. I normally edit the photos in a retail store because the touch screens are so easy to use as compared to my complicated and tedious computer software. The Kodak software was simple and had fun features such as turning the photos into cartoons or coloring book pages. Plus, the software is integrated with the Kodak website for easy photo sharing.
4. The camera is lighter weight (10 oz w/o batteries) and smaller than the Kodak "P" (professional) series. [...] While it is no substitute for a pocket camera, I think I would still use the z612 as my primary camera on a road trip.
5. The LCD screen is large at 2.5 inches and the EVD is bright. In comparison to other cameras I have used, I can see the LCD screen in bright sunlight but it is on the dim side in the normal mode.Read more ›
Note: only a couple of tiny issues keep this from being a 5-star review. To me, "5" means "close to perfect," and the Z612 isn't quite there--but I still love this camera! The Z612 has all the ease of an EasyShare with features found in more demanding cameras.
Nice small size for its key features: 6.1 mexapixels, 12x zoom, and image stabilization
Brilliant, huge viewfinder--by far the best in this price range
Trademark Kodak color--pop-out clear and beautiful
Buttons and switches are clearly labeled and easy to use, particularly the huge, well-placed release button
Foolproof picture-taking, but easy to access advanced features
Easy to transfer pictures, either with the USB cable or the optional dock (you don't have to get the printer dock; there's a $40 series 3 dock that just charges and transfers)
Loaded with easily-accessed scene settings, including a separate toggle for three of the most popular
Accepts regular camera batteries in addition to its rechargeable battery--though on a four-day trip where I took a lot of pictures I didn't seem to get anywhere close to exhausting the juice
The rubber boot covering the USB transfer port seems a little flimsy
The manual is cryptic on some features
As with all non-manual zooms, the Z612 zoom is a bit trigger-happy
I'm not quite as impressed with close-ups such as flowers as I was with my old DX6440 EasyShare...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this obsolete camera with viewfinder, and was thrilled to have found one unused and in mint condition on Amazon. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Ann Van
I bought this camera in 2006 and have had great luck with the camera. The only thing is the shutter button is not as fast as I wanted it to be- not sure how to speed up the shutter... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Lutheranchic122
Not as advertised.. No charger, after having to purchase a charger, battery would not stay charged, also camera would not function properly.Published 5 months ago by Robert Reed
Customer service is great! Was exactly as expected and received help from customer service right away when I needed help ! GOOD FOLKS!Published 7 months ago by Sherry L. Borror
The camera and accessories were as advertised and the seller was as good as he word.Published 10 months ago by CATSIPPLE
I bought this camera to replace one just like it that did not work properly . I wanted a camera with a view finder and this one has it.. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Elaine
Best point and shoot camera I have ever had. Best quality pictures.Published 13 months ago by NanaB