5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably long battery life!
Published on August 15, 2006 by Janna Jansen

1.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary and Expensive Specialty Dual Pack
This is two standard Kodak AA NiMH batteries packed into a 'proprietary' dual battery pack requiring their proprietary charger, and is totally unnecessary and very expensive for your Kodak camera.

Published on January 17, 2008 by J. Russell

1.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary and Expensive Specialty Dual Pack, January 17, 2008
J. Russell (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak KAA2HR Ni-MH Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery (Camera)

Don't use speciality battery packs like this Kodak dual. All Kodak cameras use standard AA NiMh individual batteries in pairs or fours. Buy them individually. The best, at 1/3 the cost of this pack, is the Hybrid NiMH type like Kodak Precharged(white type), Sanyo Eneloop, or Rayovac Hybrid. They come ready to use and are charged using any standard AA battery charger, including the one that came with your Kodak Camera. The bigger advantage is they do not self-discharge anywhere near as fast as standard NiMH batteries. Don't by off-brand 'Digital' or other china junk batteries and chargers.

Individual standard AA should fit fine in your Kodak EasyShare Charger, but this charger is a dumb timed charger that can reduce the useable life of your expensive batteries anyway. This is because it does not know when your batteries are fully charged and can overcharge them heating(aging)them up.

Buy a modern 'Smart', or sometimes called 'Fast', charger that charges and monitors each battery for a full charge individually, not in series like dumb timed chargers. Sanyo Eneloop is a good choice here on Amazon for battery and smart charger combos.

Ween yourself off Kodak's, on any other manufacturers, speciality battery 'packs' and chargers. They will kill your pocketbook and batteries. Invest in universally useable batteries and a smart charger for use in all standard home application for batteries like any and all cameras, toys, radios, CD players etc. Sanyo Eneloop battery and charger packages even come with converter adapters that allow you to use AA batteries in you C and D battery applications as well. This covers 'all' your home bases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably long battery life!, August 15, 2006
Janna Jansen (Waiheke Island, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
I got this battery with my Kodak digital camera. I use the camera at least 5 times a week, and recharge the battery at least once a day -I have been doing this for over 2 years. The battery is definitely losing it's charge now -it only stays charged for 100 photos (which is good anyway)... but the battery instructions say it will last 1000 charges and I have had far, FAR more than that out of it, it is excellent value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Batteries, October 21, 2005
Tudor's House "D. Tudor" (Irma, Wisconsin, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Battery works great. Have always enjoyed shopping at Amazon for items that Ebay does not have. Would buy here again.

Thanks, Derrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Rechargable Batteries, July 9, 2006
Have had good luck with these batteries. They last for a long time. First time with Amazon and it was a good experience. Will use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought one sooner, March 9, 2007
D. Alexander (Dumfries, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with the performance of the rechargable battery pack. I have not yet had to recharge it, and I have taken numerous pictures and a few videos. I would have had to replace alkaline batteries at least twice by this time. These should pay for themselves in no time. Why did I wait so long?!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine battery, but unnecessary and expensive!, September 7, 2011
Lisa (Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
I have a lot of experience with this battery. I purchased a Kodak EasyShare Z710 4 years ago and also got two of these battery packs, the charger and a camera bag in a bundle at Best Buy. The last six months or so both batteries have lost their ability to hold a charge which says a lot. They lasted a long time and were used heavily even though I had two in rotation. I took hundreds of pics a week as well as many videos. The thing is that I thought these were necessary for my camera because that's what it came with and I never had to get a replacement until now. Well, that led to my discovery that you can use ANY AA batteries in this camera, these were unneccessary and costly to replace. For the same price I just purchased 16 Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries that can be used in any device and they are working great. They are both NiMH with the same mAh rating so I expect similar performance with the benefit of getting more bang for my buck. As a frugal mama of 6 who knows the value of a dollar it comes down to the simple fact that it is a waste of money even though it is a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Ni-MH Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery, November 12, 2009
Thanks goes to Dottie Coombs for rectifying a bad battery situation. The first battery shipped, had the bottom of the package slit open, and the battery was worse than my original old battery. Within days of simply stating that I didn't know if I had any recourse, since I hadn't kept the packaging, I received a NEW replacement battery. I will not hesitate to order from Amazon.com in the future, and will recommend friends to do so. Thanks Dottie. -Roxie P.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recieved an open product, no problem, February 17, 2008
I ordered this product and the plastic had an opening at the bottom that the battery could've easily been replaced by a defective battery. So I emailed Amazon and they told me what to do and it was easy. They sent me a new one and I didn't have to pay anything extra(like shipping, stamps) as long, ofcourse, I return the other battery. The new battery lasts a long time. I'm very happy with the battery and Amazon's help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak KAA2HR Ni-MH Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery, October 31, 2008
Kodak KAA2HR Ni-MH Rechargeable Digital Camera Battery
The battery in my Kodak EasyShare C340 died after 3 years of regular use. So I bought a new one and it seems to be doing what it is supposed to. Providing power to the camera. Just install in camera, put camera on charging dock charge overnight and voila! back in business.

5.0 out of 5 stars About to toss the camera.....but the new battery saved the day., March 15, 2010
I paint murals and walls and must have good pics to share. My Kodak camera started acting up and I thought I would have to buck up and just get a new one.

Turns out that the rechargable battery was the problem, replaced the battery (great deal at Amazon) and Voila! Camera good as new. Whew.