Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

on May 3, 2008
If you plan on actually shooting enough video to fill the max size SDHC card for the camera that this battery supports, then you need this battery, otherwise you'll run out of power before you're done.
0Comment35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2010
Was part of the deal for my Kodak Zi8. Nice knowing its the original battery specified by Kodak. Unlike some generic replacements you know it will fit and work just like the one supplied with the camera.
0Comment26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2010
I bought a second battery so that I can have one fully charged at all times. Battery worked great. I get about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes out of each charge.
on June 13, 2010
The battery was delivered within 2 days of being ordered and was exactly as advertised. An exact replacement as the one that came with my Kodak Playsport video camera. Equal in all respects.
on November 8, 2009
The battery was, as described, brand new in original package and works perfectly in my Kodak M1033 camera.
22 comments12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2010
Firstly, only buy this battery off of Amazon because its cheap. I went to buy this battery at BestBuy and it was 36 bucks! Secondly, the battery has a short life but charges quickly (under 2 hours). The solution is to buy 3, charge them up, and you will have plenty of power.
on July 21, 2010
Its original equip for the Kodak Playsport, since I can only seem to get an hour or so of video for each 2hr charge you definitely need a spare. Or two. Kodak really should increase the power.
on July 1, 2010
Battery is the exact same as the original, including battery life. Great to have a spare battery when you're out and about.....
on December 18, 2012
I decided to get an extra battery for my Kodak Zi8 before leaving for a trip. The default seller was M Z Photo. The battery arrived on time, in good condition, and was packaged as seen in the picture. I tested the run time of the battery by giving it a full charge then set my camera up to record until the battery died. My camera kept recording for just over 90 minutes (with EIS and face detection on).

I was so pleased I decided to purchase another battery. After I made my purchase I realized the default seller had changed and now the battery would be supplied by a different seller with the order being fulfilled by Amazon. I was a little concerned, but decided to see what I would get. The second battery arrived in a small plastic zipper bag (not the Kodak packaging). It looked a little different too. I decided to give the battery a try, so I charged it up as I did the previous one, put it in my camera and let the camera run. My camera stayed on for 30 minutes before dying. I immediately returned the battery and placed an order for a third from M Z Photo.

The second battery I received from M Z Photo arrived just as the first. I charged it up and let my camera run (1 hour and 42 minutes with EIS and face detection off).

So, the bottom line is it depends on what seller you get the battery from. Take a look at the picture I uploaded so you can tell the difference between the knock-off and OEM batteries. It is easy to tell the difference if you know what to look for.
review image
on August 9, 2013
Both Batteries arrived Dead-On-Arrival and appears the seller is just wanting to clear out his dead inventory. Now what do I do with my Kodak without any Batteries??