Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on May 3, 2008
If you plan on actually shooting enough video to fill the max size SDHC card for the camera that this battery supports, then you need this battery, otherwise you'll run out of power before you're done.
on February 12, 2010
Was part of the deal for my Kodak Zi8. Nice knowing its the original battery specified by Kodak. Unlike some generic replacements you know it will fit and work just like the one supplied with the camera.
on July 6, 2010
I bought a second battery so that I can have one fully charged at all times. Battery worked great. I get about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes out of each charge.
on June 13, 2010
The battery was delivered within 2 days of being ordered and was exactly as advertised. An exact replacement as the one that came with my Kodak Playsport video camera. Equal in all respects.
on November 8, 2009
The battery was, as described, brand new in original package and works perfectly in my Kodak M1033 camera.
on July 13, 2010
Firstly, only buy this battery off of Amazon because its cheap. I went to buy this battery at BestBuy and it was 36 bucks! Secondly, the battery has a short life but charges quickly (under 2 hours). The solution is to buy 3, charge them up, and you will have plenty of power.
on July 21, 2010
Its original equip for the Kodak Playsport, since I can only seem to get an hour or so of video for each 2hr charge you definitely need a spare. Or two. Kodak really should increase the power.
on July 1, 2010
Battery is the exact same as the original, including battery life. Great to have a spare battery when you're out and about.....
on May 8, 2014
The price of the item was great, but I guess I did not read the 'fine print'. Batteries came to me in glorified ziplock bags. One battery had a full charge, the other had no charge and would not take a charge. The company that provided the units had the name "Good as New". As I purchased through Amazon Prime, I simply thought I was getting new product at a great price direct from Amazon. Now I am not sure what I got. "Good as New" just seems to be one of those 'hocus-pocus' words that really means used... Certainly, the price was ok for the battery that works if I am able to get a season of use from it.. The refund process with Amazon is pretty straight forward so only time will tell. Guess the lesson here is, if I want to be an informed consumer, I need to do a bit more research/reading.
on December 18, 2012
I decided to get an extra battery for my Kodak Zi8 before leaving for a trip. The default seller was M Z Photo. The battery arrived on time, in good condition, and was packaged as seen in the picture. I tested the run time of the battery by giving it a full charge then set my camera up to record until the battery died. My camera kept recording for just over 90 minutes (with EIS and face detection on).

I was so pleased I decided to purchase another battery. After I made my purchase I realized the default seller had changed and now the battery would be supplied by a different seller with the order being fulfilled by Amazon. I was a little concerned, but decided to see what I would get. The second battery arrived in a small plastic zipper bag (not the Kodak packaging). It looked a little different too. I decided to give the battery a try, so I charged it up as I did the previous one, put it in my camera and let the camera run. My camera stayed on for 30 minutes before dying. I immediately returned the battery and placed an order for a third from M Z Photo.

The second battery I received from M Z Photo arrived just as the first. I charged it up and let my camera run (1 hour and 42 minutes with EIS and face detection off).

So, the bottom line is it depends on what seller you get the battery from. Take a look at the picture I uploaded so you can tell the difference between the knock-off and OEM batteries. It is easy to tell the difference if you know what to look for.
review image