4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of features, bang for the buck - see my video review
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:30 Mins
In the video I have sample footage, close-up, underwater and more. The underwater footage was shot late in the day, and it was overcast - it still came out great. I also covering how to correctly open the doors (very easy), features and more.

One thing I forgot to point out - no tripod mounting thread.
Published on December 21, 2011 by Richard C. Drew

2.0 out of 5 stars Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle
This is a review for the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle (Includes Floating Wrist Strap, 4GB Memory Card, and Camera Case) - Black Bundle (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

INTRO: I don't like writing negative reviews. It seems some folks can't seem to find the good in anything these days!

That being said, I cannot give the Kodak a...
Published on January 12, 2012 by Jeff Lafferty

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of features, bang for the buck - see my video review, December 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 6:30 Mins

One thing I forgot to point out - no tripod mounting thread.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kodak Playfull ZE2, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White) (Electronics)
This camera is great. i did alot of comparison to the kodak Playful vs the Kodak playful original and its brothers the sport z3 and z5. The kodak playful ze2 (the product I'm reviewing) is excellent for theme parks, water parks, etc. Good on the go camera because i don't want to have to worry about dropping my regular camera or phone while this can take a 5ft drop and 10ft of waterproof. the original playful is not waterproof or drop proof. Now as far as video quality, this shoots 720 when the orignal playful shoots 1080. I hooked them both up to my tv and see no difference. As far as the sports they have a much brighter picture and smooth video as to where the playfulls are choppy if you move them too fast. Overall this camera is awesome and I have no complaints. love the hdmi and sd card slot. camera is lightweight and small. not as thin as i thought but still good. battery life is excellent, about 10 hrs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle, January 12, 2012

That being said, I cannot give the Kodak a "positive" review.

Here is the quick if you don't like to read:

PRO'S: Nice size and ergonomics, decent image quality and a good price for the feature set offered.

CON'S: Major design defect on the USB port door which renders the camera useless.

FINAL RESULT: Returned for a refund.

The Story:

I have a long background in Software Quality Assurance, I make my primary income testing and breaking things in unimaginable ways, so in the end, we can provide a great product for our customers. I like quality, and I strive to have quality in the products and services I purachase, as do most of us. I don't mind paying more for excellent quality, but I hate paying anything at all for poor quality.

I chose the Kodak initially because it had reasonably good reviews, came in at a decent price and had some nice features. People here had some good things to say about image quality, ease of use etc.

This was a Christmas present for my 13 year old daughter. After she opened it and took a few photos and movies, we were pretty pleased with the images on its display. Clear, sharp, etc. Now it was time to hook it to the computer and download these images and clips to see what they really looked like. The clips looked pretty good, but that made little after the following event took place.

After reading the instructions carefully on how to open the door which housed the USB connector, I gave it a go.
Please understand, I have great attention to detail, I have very nimble, steady hands and I am technically saavy. Before purchasing I had read reviews here which stated the door was very difficult to open, and a few which indicated it broke after opening. I was prepared.

Well, in our case, the very small plastic "lip" that holds the door shut under high pressure simply sheared off on the first open of the door. That meant that it couldn't close up again, ever. I didn't chuck it across the room against the wall to open it, I didn't use a screwdriver to pry it open, I used my thumb, pressing the door down and forward as described in the manual.

This one small point of failure essentially rendered the camera unusable. Certainly permanently malfunctional.

This is really too bad, the feature set was right on. Obviously the QA and user testing of the product prior to release were a little on the lean side. Perhaps Kodak iscounting on fewer returns based on its price point, thinking people just won't bother. Not sure about the business decision on this one, but its not like this is a "surprise" or a "fluke". This is an obvious known design defect with a decision to ship anyway. Poor choice by Kodak.

We returned this product for a refund which Amazon was totally awesome about, and ordered a competitors product. That product can be found in my other reviews ;-)

Thanks for reading, sorry for the long winded review, I hope it can help others in making a decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Video Camera with minor issue But you get what you pay for., November 30, 2011
just got this Video camera today.

what I like

Surprisingly small and compact easy to hold
nice design
great battery life.
720p is good enough. better than dvd quality.
Takes Photos! but it's like 1.0 megapixel not bad still.
takes SD card! so you can switch out cards like a video cassette
Front camera is protected from a "raised frame" to prevent you from scratching the lens..if you put and pull out of your pocket or purse.

now I am a big believer of "you get what you pay for" so there are some things I like to point out

1) usb is short and takes some time "flipping" it out. it has a 1 inch usb plug which is too short and can get in the way of other subs ...but of course you can get an extension usb cable.
2) no auto focus. and no micro . (of course if you pay more for a higher end camera.) So say you want to take a video of something small and up close...it's going to be blurry.
3) video can lose a frame or two..a bit choppy if you move around a lot.. so if you use it for sports it won't be smooth.
4) no tripod mount.

for waterproof purposes. I haven't really tried it. I'll update later. But for now the price is great

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed while snorkeling, December 20, 2011
I really liked this camera for the first week of my honeymoon in Hawaii. I took it zip-lining and into the pool. I even jumped off a cliff while recording a video and it still worked! The videos from the camera created some really cool perspectives that you can't get with a regular non-waterproof digital camera.

In the second week of my honeymoon, I was snorkeling and the seal for the USB cord failed. I had taken several videos and pictures for the first 10 min of snorkeling, but then I noticed the screen looked weird. I pulled it out of the water and realized that the camera had water in it. The seal and latch were in the closed position but the latch was slightly off its alignment. After drying out the SD card, it no longer works. I am going to have to send it away to possibly have the data recovered (which seems to be really pricey).

Objectively, you can chalk this up as user error or poor quality. I did not dive down at all while snorkeling that day nor did I really hit the camera on anything since I was floating. The latch is a plastic hinge with a plastic switch.

FYI, I purchased the camera at BB while it was still $100. At $60, I still might recommend it for knocking around but would advise to backup your SD card after every use. I would also recommend getting a wrist strap that floats.

4.0 out of 5 stars Claire's Underwater camera, January 27, 2012
This camera was a great purchase It is very easy to use and I found it took great clear pictures. I would very much reccomend this camera .

3.0 out of 5 stars OK when the price is right., December 31, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Originally, the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera was listed as having an 8GB card, and on sale for $50. The camera in fact comes with a 4GB card as it's listed now, and the current price is above $75. (Amazon also sells a bundle which includes a case and floating wrist strap, which currently only costs $2 more than the camera alone.) For what the camera is, it's hard to recommend at its current price. It's not very well built, and the video quality is nothing special. The camera takes still pictures too, but they are such low resolution/low quality, you'll never want to take them. The camera claims to be waterproof, but the poor/weakly designed access doors don't give me confidence that this camera can hold up to more than maybe a few seconds of submersion in water. From other reviews, the camera appears to have a high failure rate when used underwater. On the positive side, the camera takes good, but not great video. If you're looking to take video to post online, or view on your computer, it's more than acceptable. If you're expecting HD video to view on a large HD display, you'll be disappointed. The biggest positive of this camera is you can upgrade the storage via a standard SD card. Many higher end video cameras are not upgradeable. On another note, Amazon's description states: "Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization". According to Kodak's own support site, it states the camera does NOT have any any image stabilization. There's nothing in the camera's user documentation, or the camera itself, that makes me believe that is actually does have image stabilization. All in all, the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera is just an OK camera if you can get it around $50 or so. Anything higher, than you'll probably wish you bought something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money and leaked, July 8, 2012
Same think happened to me as Disgruntled_Groom's review. I bought this for my daughter who loves to take pics and swim at the pool - but also one that she could use that was fairly robust to take the bumps, etc. I am a techie at heart and know that all seals needed to be air-tight. After 10 mins in pool, water was trapped between case and screen and our Ze2 became a brick. Dead and gone. What is even most upsetting for me, is that my family is a Kodak family, with my dad working there for over 15 years. Sadly this is what Kodak's quality is like now.

Go spend your $$$ on a waterproof case for your cell/iphone ([...]) that has better quality and better underwater specs (Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5, etc).

4.0 out of 5 stars Underwater Camera - Fun, But Short Battery Life, February 12, 2012
Length:: 0:06 Mins

Just a short video to show the underwater and above water quality of this camera. My kids absolutely love it. The main problem we've encountered has been short (really short!) battery life. We took (and played back) maybe 10 videos of this length and 15 pictures before the battery died. The total amount of time we used the camera was less than 30 minutes. Next time, we won't watch the videos after we record them, and hopefully that will help with the battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super easy camera to make movies and pictures, November 10, 2013
When I opened the package and took out the camera I had it working is seconds - hands down a good camera for anyone looking for extremly easy navigation.

Rate and Discover Movies