4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of features, bang for the buck - see my video review
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:30 Mins
In the video I have sample footage, close-up, underwater and more. The underwater footage was shot late in the day, and it was overcast - it still came out great. I also covering how to correctly open the doors (very easy), features and more.

One thing I forgot to point out - no tripod mounting thread.
Published on December 21, 2011 by Richard C. Drew

2.0 out of 5 stars Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle
This is a review for the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle (Includes Floating Wrist Strap, 4GB Memory Card, and Camera Case) - Black Bundle (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

INTRO: I don't like writing negative reviews. It seems some folks can't seem to find the good in anything these days!

That being said, I cannot give the Kodak a...
Published on January 12, 2012 by Jeff Lafferty

‹ Previous | 114 15 1626 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, good quality image, June 28, 2012
Bryan Barrow (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used many of these tiny hand held video recorders, and the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera is one of the best in its price range. I took several videos of a musical performance, and the image quality looked very good on my 46" HD TV. The audio was decent for a tiny microphone.

The camera has many features to modify the video, and you can even adjust the audio levels if you want to avoid distortion in loud situations. It seems durable enough to withstand a 5 foot drop, but I'm not going to test it to see. I haven't tried the "Share" feature, so can't review that.

I haven't tried the one feature I was the most excited about, the waterproof feature. Having read many reviews about flooded cameras and faulty USB door seals, I am hesitant to try it, but may give it a shot the next time I'm snorkeling in Hawaii. It seems to be the most significant drawback to this camera.

Other than the waterproof issue, the only other major con is the lack of a tripod mount. Otherwise, it's a good camera for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy camcorder., June 17, 2012
Purchased it to take videos while on a vacation where it might get wet (but never went in the water with it). Priced low enough that losing or breaking it wouldn't be an issue.
Still picture resolution wasn't that good, but I knew that when I bought it. Video quality is good, albeit grainy in dark lighting (also expected). Sensitive to wind noise (expected with a built-in mic).
Shot half an hour of video and a few stills and didn't see battery indicator change.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine, until it got wet!, June 11, 2012
Camera was used for a month without issue and then upon the first attempt to use under water, less than one foot stream, water leaked in and the camera totally shut down. We are currently trying to get repair or replacement accomplished.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT waterproof!!, June 10, 2012
K. ZYLSTRA (Grand Rapids , MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White) (Electronics)
I used this camera out of water for the first 5 months but the very first time I used this under water, it fizzled out. Now its useless. I used it in a pool which was only 4 1/2 feet deep at the deepest so depth was not an issue. I took a few videos which turned out looking great (luckily the sd card was not ruined) but it suddenly just got bright then died. I can see water bubbles now inside the view screen. Unfortunately I can only get a partial refund IF I can find the origintal packing slip(oops I guess I learned my lesson on this one)and I have to pay shipping to send it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars nifty idea, malfunctional product!, May 28, 2012
I was so excited to order this, because i really wanted an underwater camera!! I opened it, but it sat on my shelf for a few months. Now that its summer I was super excited to test it out! I took it to the pool to take fun pictures of my friends under water and it worked fine! I put it on the table and when we were done I went to look at it. There were puddles of water in the screen and it basically looked like "dew" or "steam" in the screen. It wont turn on now! I was looking at it, and it appears as if the usb port doesnt close all the way! I cant figure out how to contact the seller, and its passed my time for returns so I guess its just 80 dollars down the trash. After looking at other reviews, it appears as if alot of people had the same problem with the usb door! Its a good idea, just not reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, May 13, 2012
This is the 3rd Kodak Playfull camera I have purchased.
The only problem I have is the inconsistency of pricing. I don't like the fluctuation. This last one I purchased I paid $49.99. Just after I purchased, a day later it went to $44.00.
I bought one as a bundle for $79.00, then it went to $109.00
Not the way I want to purchase things.
Everyone wants a good price and not feel they are being cheated.

1.0 out of 5 stars KODAK Playfull camera - JUNK!, April 14, 2012
I do not recommend this camera. Didn't want to give it even one star because it never worked. Bought it for a snorkeling trip and the first time we tried to use it, camera turned on, we took one to two pictures in the water then turned off and never worked again. We couldn't even recover the first picture from the flash drive because water got into the camera and wet the flash drive. We didn't even dive under water yet, just at the water's surface. The camera states waterproof 3 meters but did not hold up. We missed out on some awesome pictures. Just buy a disposal waterproof camera instead of this piece of junk! Please learn from our expensive lesson!

This is not a review of the amazon return policy. Unfortunately since I bought this when we booked our trip by the time we tried the camera and realized it was junk, the return window had expired.

4.0 out of 5 stars Playful Camera is great fun!, April 10, 2012
Kodaks Playfully Video/still camera is a great buy. Small and compact it's easy to carry and easier to use. I live in the Pacific Northwest where rain is common so the waterproof model is perfect for me. I never worry about it getting wet! Picture taking is a snap and I like that I can take still shots from the videos I make. I'm amazed at how clear the pictures are even close up without having to mess with trying to focus and 8 out of 10 shots are crystal clear. Sorry to see Kodak go, they've made all my favorite cameras and this one tops the list!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sra., April 8, 2012
Good and easy to use, also its compact size make easy the transportation, also the battery work ok and does not need frecuently charge

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent For On the Go!, April 7, 2012
This was purchased for our son before his class trip and our short vacation. Both the video and camera aspects work very well and are fairly easy to figure out. In addition, the small size makes it very easy to tote around.

The package with the case and memory card made the pricing very attractive versus purchasing each one separately.

The battery life was very good and seemed to last at least a couple of days on a full charge (maybe one if being used really heavy).

Overall this is a good product for those having kids on trips and do not want the expense (or size) of a regular camera to send them away on. I would also think it would be good as a quick camera to take along for side trips. I know many use the smart phones now as a camera, but this is really more practical and you do not have to worry about wearing out the battery while shooting videos.

‹ Previous | 114 15 1626 | Next ›

Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White)
Used & New from: $75.83