4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of features, bang for the buck - see my video review
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:30 Mins
In the video I have sample footage, close-up, underwater and more. The underwater footage was shot late in the day, and it was overcast - it still came out great. I also covering how to correctly open the doors (very easy), features and more.

One thing I forgot to point out - no tripod mounting thread.
Published on December 21, 2011 by Richard C. Drew

2.0 out of 5 stars Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle
This is a review for the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle (Includes Floating Wrist Strap, 4GB Memory Card, and Camera Case) - Black Bundle (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

INTRO: I don't like writing negative reviews. It seems some folks can't seem to find the good in anything these days!

That being said, I cannot give the Kodak a...
Published on January 12, 2012 by Jeff Lafferty

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell in love with it, definitely leaks, September 18, 2013
Three stars because this camera should not claim to be waterproof. In terms of the cost to value, if it just claimed to be water resistant, I'd say 5 stars. The best thing is, I have some pictures from adventures that I would not have dared to take my camera or smartphone out for.

I bought this product knowing that it might leak (honestly any electronics that cost $40 can't actually be waterproof). So I covered the door areas with duct tape each time I took it snorkeling. It died on the 6th and final day of our trip. I was sad because I had come to really like it, a camera I could throw around and not worry if it got wet in the rain or dropped from a horse. The photos it takes are pretty low megapixels, probably less than the camera on your average modern phone. But the video quality is great- our video of whale sharks is priceless and surprisingly clear. You can shoot nearly an hour of video on the memory card.

I was very happy when the camera came back to life after 3 weeks of sitting around drying.

4.0 out of 5 stars camera, August 15, 2013
nice camera and easy to use.Used it for fishing and snorkerling and it worked well.Very nice camera for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, July 26, 2013
I was looking for a waterproof camera and read all the reviews and chose this one. We took the camera took our local amusement park and it worked great. We then took it to the pool with us and tried it out in the water. It was great in the water! The kids had a blast posing under water for pictures. When i got home and put them on the computer the pics came out great!! They werent blury or anything! We will be using this alot out at the pool!! I would recommend this camera to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars vacation buddy, April 26, 2013
I took this camera on a snorkeling trip to Puerto Princessa Phillipines and took many underwater photos. You could not ask for a better little camera for the money. It may not last long, but well worth it for my trip.......BTW still works fine after a month

1.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, July 10, 2012
JeanAnn Tubbs (WESTFIELD, PA, US) - See all my reviews
bought this to play in the pool with my 7 year old.... FIRST TIME it went under water, it filled with water and will no longer work... I am crushed

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent video camera, just dont move, April 26, 2012
Wurms (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (White) (Electronics)
The video quality is actually pretty good - that is if your standing still. I just got back from a trip to Tokyo, Japan and I had this thing on just walking around the city. Well, with no image stabilization on this camera, it was really herky-jerky, think Blair Witch Project. Almost hurts the eyes to watch some of the video, and I was recording with knowledge that this had no image stabilization, so I was concentrating on smooth steps most of the time. If I stood still and just panned around, then video was awesome. The sound is another problem. On many of my videos in Tokyo, the sound would drop in and out like someone kept moving the volume control from 100% down to 20% then back to 100% volume. This usually happened if I was in a crowded street/store with a lot of sound. Quieter areas, I had no sound drop-out.

So, now that Ive gotten passed the negatives. Here are the positives. The video is great for shots were YOU dont move. If your at a sporting event or something. The size is also a bonus. Its the main reason I bought this camera. I didnt want to lug things around with me in Tokyo, and this thing slid comfortably right into my pocket. Start up time is also quick. You can start recording within a couple seconds of pressing the power button. And of course its waterproof. It rained when I was in Japan, but I didnt care. I whipped out this camera and kept on shooting. Battery lasts for about 70 minutes, not bad, but with no option to change to backup batteries, you will have to monitor your power carefully for full day adventures.

Anyways, I think the benefits outway the negatives overall. If your planning on strapping this to your helmet and going mountain biking, you might want to rethink the purchase. For family get-togethers, video blogs, etc its easily worth the money. Plus its so inexpensive right now, I just toss it in a backpack or my back pocket and off I go. Dont need to worry about scratching a $400 smartphone or anything.

EDIT July 2013: This thing is still going strong. Took it fishing this past weekend at a little stream and put the camera underwater and got some nice footage of fish swimming in the stream. Also let a friend borrow it for a trip to Hawaii. Survived the beach and all.

Fun little camera to mess around with!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy this Camera, August 7, 2012
I purchase this camera and used it once and then it filled up with water and wouldn't work again. I sent it back to Kodak and they replaced it but it took months. I used the camera on one trip and it worked. Recently, I used it again and the new camera filled with water and won't work. Amazon will not give a refund because it is outside their warranty and Kodak won't do anything. So think of it as a disposible camera and you won't be disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Is not Waterproof, July 30, 2012
I bought 3 of these cameras over the past holidays thinking they would be great gifts for my niece and nephew, as well as one for our family. They are basic, simple to use camera. But when spring came and we took it into the pool for some underwater video (which was a big reason we bought them), within 2 min the camera stopped working and heated up. When I opened the "waterproof sealed compartment" it had water inside.

I called Kodak and 8 weeks later (and a $15 shipping charge) to send it back, they sent me a new one as replacement. Well, a week later we took it to the pool and for 2 minutes it recorded great underwater shots...but within 5 minutes it stopped working due to a leak in the housing again.

On both units you could see moisture underneath the LCD display as well as some inside the unit.

I am having Kodak replace it for a third time ( this time they will send return envelope for me to avoid shipping charges). I hope third time is a charm, bu will be checking with FL lemon laws to see my legal options in this matter.

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, July 24, 2012
So, I bought this in time for a summer full of river floats, beach trips, and general outdoor needs. I noticed a number of the reviews indicating that the camera had become damaged once it came open underwater, so I determined that I'd take great care of it and never handle it in such a way as to jeopardize it coming open while in the water.
So, I took it to the river, and took it to the beach, and made some really gorgeous little videos and slideshows with it. I have to say that it was super easy to use and I really felt like the pictures and videos turned out great considering the low price of the product.

Now for the bad - you knew it was coming - it popped open while tied up securely in my pocket, and flooded, and died. It was as firmly latched shut as it gets, and wasn't jostled or slammed or anything like that...yet it still found a way to come open underwater. And this is with me taking the utmost care to avoid that specific outcome, and it happened anyways.

So I'd have to recommend saving your money on this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, July 16, 2012
I bought this as a fun little camera that my kids and I could use at the beach or in the pool. I guess there's a reason that Kodak has gone out of the digital camera market - this thing was a piece of junk. The first one broke after two days. Requested a replacement. The second one barely lasted one day. Returned them both for a refund. DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA!

‹ Previous | 1 2 325 | Next ›