Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 25, 2012
I ordered the item, it arrived within only a couple of days, that part was great. That's where the good stuff ends, however. When I got the ZX5, as a refurb, it still clearly needed refurbishing. It didn't work. So being as the seller I ordered from had a "No returns on refurbs" clause hidden in their terms, I had to contact Kodak for a warrantied repair. Kodak did honor the warranty, and I shipped out the device at my own cost, and after about a month from my initial order date it was repaired and sent back to me.

When I sent the device in for repair it had NO blemishes at all, it just didn't work. When I got it back, it had a huge scratch across the LCD screen, as if somebody slipped with the screwdriver. Just today I took some videos with it to test it out and EVEN ON FULL 1080P THE VIDEO QUALITY IS HORRIBLE!!! I mean, I didn't expect the quality of a $5000 camera or anything, but this video is so bad I can't justify using this device for it's intended purpose, it's just really, really, really bad. Clearly visible on the video is loads of blotchiness, 5-6 frames worth of ghosting, and it seems like lots and lots of grain and blurriness on parts of the video. It's almost like they must have damaged the camera while repairing it, I dunno, the quality is terrible and that makes this device unusable. Even the still shots look terrible and are filled with artifacts and blurriness. This is, hands down, the worst camera I have ever used in my life, period.

So, after seeing all of the decent reviews for this camera online and getting excited to finally order my own after a lot of debate, I am regretting it hardcore. I can't say for certain what a person can expect from a new ZX5, but DO NOT BUY THE REFURBS! They're garbage, they were sent back for a valid reason and all of them belong in the dumpster. I'm going to throw this device in the electronics recycle bin as I cannot seriously see myself or anybody else using it for anything, it's completely worthless as a camera.
on September 17, 2012
I've used my friend's quite a bit, and really like the camera and quality (especially for that price). But don't buy refurbished. I assumed refurbished means they've fixed any problems and tested it. Apparently not. Did some testing around the house, worked great, took it in the water, broke within 30 seconds and the screen is filled with water. Just don't risk refurbished. Spend the $30 more for a new one.
on January 31, 2013
Nothing but problems from the start. Not waterproof, screen kept fogging up, evntually the device did itself in.
Latches to access the SD card and battery became increasingly impossible to open due to corrosion from water, which didn't nake sense. Had to pry the latch off to get to Sd Card out, device would not come back on after using it in Hawaii, and was barely able to get the pics and vids off the sd card because it too was corroded. Camera went straight to the trash bucket sitting next to my computer, and I was not happy I wasted good money on this thing. I had the first version of this camera and it worked great until it was stolen fom me by my girlfriend. Thought I would upgade to the newer one after doing to tons of research, but it is really junk. Also, the battery life was miserable.
on November 16, 2013
The refurbished camera arrived in acceptable condition and works very well with all features except ant-glare. From experience with other ZX-5's, most do not have this feature but a few lucky ones do. If you can still see the screen contrast and color from a high angle above and also below the camera without the screen fading out much, it has anti-glare. Even if you choose anti-glare in the menu, do not think that it will necessarily make any difference unless you luck out with a particular camera that really does have it. This is a night and day difference. In a comparison of one "with" alongside one "without", it is extremely easy to tell the difference when viewing the screen from an upper or lower angle.
on September 10, 2012
Purchased this Kodak PlaySPort after friend of mine bought one for trip to Mexico. I purchase this to take to Florida on vacation and found it was the perfect camera for splashing around in the Atlantic. It is the perfect size with the wrist band to take with you into the water.
on October 8, 2012
I didn't know what to expect with a refurbished product but the camera worked great. I know these small ones are being phased out but I needed one to keep on my boat and the underwater feature was a plus.
on May 22, 2012
I bought this camera as a refurbished unit. It works as intended but, I have a few complaints. First the internal memory is not enough to use the video camera at all (7 seconds)so make sure you buy a memory stick. Second the 5 mega pixel camera is REALLY bad. After buying a memory card the video is good and in all i am happy with the camera. The quality isn't amazing but for the cost I would buy again.
on March 6, 2013
So amazing... I am sure they will quit making it. After a lot of research and bad buys I finally got this one. It is a GREAT buy at any price... astounding quality and one of favorite all time purchases... Regards e ;)
on July 17, 2012
Received product quickly and in excellent condition. Performs as advertised. This camera is so simple to use and so small it is easy to have with you anytime. Just got a new puppy and have been able to get cute stills and video at a seconds notice. The only downside I see is the absence of flash. You must rely on good natural light.
on March 14, 2013
I bought this camera for work and use it almost every day.
It has great quality and is very durable. It has been in the rain, cold, heat, been dropped, hit and landed on.
Still works great and no problems.
The battery life takes a bit to charge up but I leave it over night and it is usually good to go the next day.
I recommend this product!