From the Manufacturer
Takes an impact. Makes an impact—in full HD.
Take the Kodak PlaySport Video Camera, Burton Edition/ Zx5, for a ride. Its freestyle design is shockproof, waterproof up to 10 ft and dustproof, so you can shoot every second, anywhere, in full 1080p HD. Share your most extreme moments simply. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera delivers full 1080p HD with a rugged design that's shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft underwater.
If you're going to live with no limits, you need a digital video camera that can deliver the goods in full 1080p HD. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for the challenge. We built it to take on the most extreme lifestyles with an insanely tough design—we're talking shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof to a depth of 10 ft. And built-in image stabilization smooths out even the roughest ride. Whether you're carving up the mountain or pulling stunts in the skate park, the PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for anything. And with a touch of the Share button, shocking your social network couldn't be simpler. Show the world why you're So Kodak. We dare you.
Just press to impress
The world's only cameras with 3-step sharing!1 Kodak's Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple as 1, 2, 3.
Only Kodak Cameras:
- Step 1—Just press Share when in review mode
- Step 2—Choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display2
- Step 3—Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)
Show them what you're made of—in HD
- Let you simultaneously share to multiple social networks, e-mail and Pulse Display1,2
- Automatically share when you connect to a PC1
- Tag to the largest number of social networks: Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, FLICKR, ORKUT, YANDEX, and KAIXIN0011,3
Choose the resolution that works for you:
- Full 1080p high definition captures your adventures in amazing detail
- Easily switch to still camera mode to catch 5 MP, 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
Smooth, stable, and always able
- 1080p—great for stunning playback on your HDTV—HDMI cable included!
- 720p at 60 fps—for fast action and super slow motion playback
- 720p at 30 fps—ideal for general recording in high definition
- WVGA—perfect for conserving space on your memory card or smaller files sizes for web use
Don't let sun glare ruin your recording
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology—the camera detects and locks onto faces, then ensures great exposure around them
- Get great close-up shots with macro mode (automatic detection or user selectable)
- See more details and accurate colors with incredible low-light performance
- There's always room for more—record up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB) 4
Simple on-camera editing
- The bright 2.0 in. LCD automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions around you
- See your screen even in ultra-bright sunlight—simply turn on the LCD Glare Shield feature
Cool capture effects give a new look to your scenes
- Trim your video to just the right moment and save it as a new video
- Make a picture from a video frame
- Black and white
- High saturation—bright, bold colors
- '70s film—muted colors, slightly greenish cast, and a little graininess for a retro look
Great video editing software comes on-board the PlaySport Camera Download the software when you first connect it to your computer5 to:
Make a colorful statement
- Edit and trim videos
- Add a voice-over to narrate your footage
- Add pictures and music to your videos to make cool mashups
- Grab and edit still images from video frames to get that perfect shot
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Soft rubberized feel for a secure grip
- Rounded ergonomic design
Ready for the big screen
- HDMI port gives you the option to debut your videos in full glory on your HDTV6
- It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC—the Kodak PlaySport is compatible with both
- The optional remote control makes it easy to comfortably enjoy your videos and pictures
: Up to 10 ft under water for up to 2 hours while the underwater white balance mode gives true-to-life colors in the pool or under the wave * IEC 60529 IPX8 compliant Dustproof**
: Even the muddiest, dustiest, sandiest conditions are no match for the PlaySport's rugged design ** IEC 60529 IP6X compliant
:Bumps and bruises go with the territory—the PlaySport can even take a fall from 5 ft ***MIL-STD-810F, shock equivalent (onto plywood)
Ready to go—right out of the box
- Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- Wrist strap
- Remote control
- Floating wrist strap
- HDMI cable
- Flexible tripod
- 4GB memory card
- User Guide
- ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak and Kodak Share Button App (both on-camera, PC only)
- All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
- Kodak Pulse Display and Kodak Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
- Sharing sites vary by region.
- Record about 20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps. Actual results may vary.
- On-board software for PC only.
- HDMI cable is an optional accessory.
Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, the Kodak PlaySport Video Camera, Burton Edition/ Zx5 is a great addition to your snowboard. Kodak built this hardware for the slopes. Its shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof design will power through the elements, so you can shoot and share your ride in full 1080p HD. And its built-in image stabilization will give your camera a balanced ride, even when you don’t. This Burton Edition / Zx5 comes complete with everything you need to shoot and share: Kodak Micro HDMI Cable to help relive gnarly rides on the big screen, 4GB SDHC High-Speed Memory Card, KODAK Remote Control to start and stop recording from a distance, Kodak Gripping Tripod for ultimate flexibility to inspire your creativity, and a Kodak Essential Grip Case to keep you hooked up until you’re ready to shoot.