If you're going to live with no limits, you need a pocket video camera that can deliver the goods in full 1080p HD. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera is up for the challenge. We built it to take on the most extreme lifestyles with an insanely tough design – we're talking shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof to a depth of 10 feet. And built-in image stabilization smoothes out even the roughest ride. Whether you're carving up the mountain or pulling stunts in the skate park, the PlaySport is up for anything. And with a touch of the Share button, shocking your social network couldn't be simpler. Show the world why you're so Kodak. We dare you.
From the Manufacturer
Takes an impact. Makes an impact—in full HD.
Share your most extreme moments simply. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 delivers full 1080p HD with a rugged design that's shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof up to 10 ft underwater.
If you're going to live with no limits, you need a digital video camera that can deliver the goods in full 1080p HD. The Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for the challenge. We built it to take on the most extreme lifestyles with an insanely tough design—we're talking shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof to a depth of 10 ft. And built-in image stabilization smooths out even the roughest ride. Whether you're carving up the mountain or pulling stunts in the skate park, the PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5 is up for anything. And with a touch of the Share button, shocking your social network couldn't be simpler. Show the world why you're So Kodak. We dare you. Go anywhere, do anything, fearless design Waterproof*
- Take the plunge up to 10 ft under water for up to 2 hours
- Don't get the blues—underwater white balance mode gives true-to-life colors in the pool or under the waves
- The muddiest, dustiest, sandiest conditions are no match for the PlaySport's rugged design
- Bumps and bruises go with the territory—the PlaySport can even take a fall from 5 ft
* IEC 60529 IPX8 compliant. ** IEC 60529 IP6X compliant. ***MIL-STD-810F, shock equivalent (onto plywood). Just press to impress
The world's only cameras with 3-step sharing!1 Kodak's Share button makes sharing your videos and pictures as simple as 1, 2, 3.
Only Kodak Cameras:
- Step 1—Just press Share when in review mode
- Step 2—Choose your favorite sharing destination, e-mail address, or Kodak Pulse Display2
- Step 3—Connect your camera to your computer or insert your memory card and your videos or pictures are automatically uploaded to the destination(s)
Show them what you're made of—in HD
- Let you simultaneously share to multiple social networks, e-mail and Pulse Display1,2
- Automatically share when you connect to a PC1
- Tag to the largest number of social networks: Kodak Gallery, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, FLICKR, ORKUT, YANDEX, and KAIXIN0011,3
Choose the resolution that works for you:
- Full 1080p high definition captures your adventures in amazing detail
- Easily switch to still camera mode to catch 5 MP, 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
Smooth, stable, and always able
- 1080p—great for stunning playback on your HDTV—HDMI cable included!
- 720p at 60 fps—for fast action and super slow motion playback
- 720p at 30 fps—ideal for general recording in high definition
- WVGA—perfect for conserving space on your memory card or smaller files sizes for web use
Don't let sun glare ruin your recording
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in digital image stabilization
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology—the camera detects and locks onto faces, then ensures great exposure around them
- Get great close-up shots with macro mode (automatic detection or user selectable)
- See more details and accurate colors with incredible low-light performance
- There's always room for more—record up to 10 hours of HD video with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB) 4
Simple on-camera editing
- The bright 2.0 in. LCD automatically adjusts to the lighting conditions around you
- See your screen even in ultra-bright sunlight—simply turn on the LCD Glare Shield feature
Cool capture effects give a new look to your scenes
- Trim your video to just the right moment and save it as a new video
- Make a picture from a video frame
- Black and white
- High saturation—bright, bold colors
- '70s film—muted colors, slightly greenish cast, and a little graininess for a retro look
Great video editing software comes on-board the PlaySport Camera Download the software when you first connect it to your computer5 to:
Make a colorful statement
- Edit and trim videos
- Add a voice-over to narrate your footage
- Add pictures and music to your videos to make cool mashups
- Grab and edit still images from video frames to get that perfect shot
Ready for the big screen
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Soft rubberized feel for a secure grip
- Rounded ergonomic design
Ready to go—right out of the box
- HDMI port gives you the option to debut your videos in full glory on your HDTV6
- It doesn't matter if you own a MAC or a PC—the Kodak PlaySport is compatible with both
- The optional remote control makes it easy to comfortably enjoy your videos and pictures
- Kodak PlaySport Video Camera / Zx5
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- Wrist strap
- User Guide
- ARCSOFT MEDIA IMPRESSION Software for Kodak and Kodak Share Button App (both on-camera, PC only)
- All models of digital still and video cameras manufactured in 2011 or later.
- Kodak Pulse Display and Kodak Gallery support still pictures; video not supported.
- Sharing sites vary by region.
- Record about 20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps. Actual results may vary.
- On-board software for PC only.
- HDMI cable is an optional accessory.