Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera (Black)” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 71% off the $199.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
3-Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera (Black)
|Price:||$184.90 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$14.10 (7%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- One-button upload to popular sharing sites plus e-mail
- 3.0 in. capacitive touchscreen LCD
- Full 1080p HD video and 5 MP HD still pictures
- On-camera editing
- LCD Glare Shield
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||6.06 x 2.94 x 6.63 inches|
|Item Weight||0.32 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||1 Watt Hour|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||1 Volt|
|Lithium Battery Weight||1 ounce|
|Media Format Digital Video||Internal Flash Memory, SD, SDHC|
|Media Type||Flash card|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5 MP|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||mpeg-4|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
From the Manufacturer
|Touch the Beauty of HD Video. |
With its unique touchscreen, the Kodak PlayTouch lets you glide through full 1080p HD video like never before
Go ahead. Touch it. You know you want to. Its unique touchscreen lets you glide through HD video like never before. That's the beauty of the Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera. It puts the high-end features you want right at your fingertips. With on-screen editing, you can easily keep the moments you want and trim the ones you don't. And when you're ready to turn today's escapades into tomorrow's buzz, getting them online is easier than ever. Just press the Share button and your videos are automatically ready for the Web. With the Kodak PlayTouch Video Camera, the power to be seen is as simple as touching a screen. The real Kodak moment happens when you share.
One-button upload—turn moments into memories
With the Share button and Kodak's Share button app, sharing your pictures is amazingly simple.
Be Creative with Great Video Software
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
There were certainly some improvements in the PlayTouch over the Zi8:
* The device itself is smaller and sleeker. I think it looks a bit better than the older model.
* The low-light performance is better on the PlayTouch. Neither camera is great in low-light, but the PlayTouch would get a picture in a dark room when the Zi8 would only record black.
* The PlayTouch had a much wider angle lens. My kids always seem to come close when the camera comes out, and the wider angle of the PlayTouch was much better in these situations.
* MP4 file format (vs. MOV on the Zi8). The MP4 files from the PlayTouch played back much easier on my Windows machine than the equivalent MOV files from the Zi8. MP4 and MOV are just the container for the h.264 video inside, but for some reason everything works better in Windows with MP4. My editing software (Sony Vegas) chokes on the .MOVs created by the zi8, but works wonderfully with MP4s. Obviously QuickTime rocks if you're on a Mac.
* The PlayTouch has some nifty "effects" for your video. I don't think you'd ever use them in real life, but they're fun to play with for a few minutes and maybe kids would like them.
There were a few key ares in which the PlayTouch lost out to the Zi8:
* The video on the PlayTouch had WAY too much contrast. In a normal outdoor shot with the sun overhead and some light shadows from trees, half of the frame was blown out from the sun while the shadowy parts looked completely black.Read more ›
I think the first thing I should note is that facebook, twitter, and other sites are not my noraml routines. Still, this hooks with them easily and I say that being a novice on the sites. I also saw how easily the thing is to program and send video and pictures in emails to people, and that astonished me. It just plugs into the computer and it is gone.
Speaking of computers, this has to be one of the easiest plug and go options on the planet. It does most of the work for me and it has a lot of idiot-proofing to go along with it. I am not a person that likes to read a lot of instructions and likes to learn on the fly. This is designed for that type of person BUT has a great set of prompts that allows you to read OR look at pictures. Also, it has a lot of language variations in its paper insert (which I note because some people are not good with computers at all and do not like their instructions on a file).
As far as features, you have a few things you can do with the film that are really awesome and that come with a lot of things now.Read more ›
So a couple days later, I got turned on to Kodak's lineup of these pocket HD camcorders -- and I saw the Playtouch. Loved how they took the best of the Zi8 and incorporated it into a slick, sexy, touch-screen camcorder (like iPhones and Androids). I just had to get one! So I began my research -- skimming all over the internet reading customer's reviews... and well, even here on Amazon, they're just not that flattering to Kodak's Playtouch -- WOW, I was shocked - especially coming from such positive feedback with the Zi8. The reviews are so negative, that I almost stopped right there.
So I went into Best Buy to see what all the fuss was about -- instantly liked the feel and build quality much better than the Panasonic. But was still wondering if all these complaints I've read are true -- horrible picture quality... awful sound recording... focusing issues, camera crashes, etc. Well, I guess the only way to find out was to bite the bullet and buy one. So I did.
That was 9AM this morning. It is now 11:00PM. I've played with this camera ALL DAY -- shot in all its recording formats, tested all the picture filters (which the "70s movie" rocks!) -- even the internal mic isn't horrible (c'mon peeps, lets not be dramatic)...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
if you know some one that wants to try getting into making youtube videos and you are not sure if they will take it seriously or quit after a month, this is the product to get... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is essentially a video camera for dummies which, as a novice, is exactly what I wanted. It works as described and was relatively easy to set up (thank god). Read morePublished 2 months ago by Rhapsodii
The camera freezes. Please contact me to get a replacement!!!!!!!!Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Sometimes this stops on me mid-recording, but mostly it works well.Published 4 months ago by vajrap
Video image is worse I've seen. Blurr and out of Focuss. Really felt cheated.Published 5 months ago by Neivelle Tan
Awesome camera super good photos and crisp videos. Especially outside.Published 10 months ago by ana
Great little camera. I'm glad I purchased it when I did since it is a discontinued item now. It was recommended to me and I was told that it was being phased out by Kodak. Read morePublished 10 months ago by cinmichigan