Kodak Playtouch: Sound? What was improved vs. the Zi8? Does anyone know if this camera records in stereo? It doesn't mention external mic capabilities, so I'm assuming it won't take an external microphone. (different from the Zi8 which does). The more I read the description the more I wonder what makes it better -i.e. justifies the price difference- vs. the Zi8
asked by Juan P. Gonzalez on August 31, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
votes
Following my initial post I found a comment from Kodak explaining the differences vs the Zi8. It seems that aside from touchscreen (if you really want it), the only real differences are a wider-angle lens and supposedly better low-light performance. I think I'll wait for a few reviews from people who actually buy it before investing on this update.
PS: Like the Zi8 it also takes an external mic
Juan P. Gonzalez answered on August 31, 2010

A
votes
It records on two tracks unless you use an external mic in which only records on one track. Search Amazon for a (C2G / Cables to Go 40634 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Mono Female Adapter (Metallic Silver)) About $5.00. now it will record on tracks using an external mic. Not the same as stereo but you'll get sound out of both speakers. I use a Audio-Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier that and the adapter ROCK.
J. Dean answered on March 10, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›