5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grain, Beautiful Color
I use this film for both nature photography and portraits. The grain is extremely fine, and the color rendition is beautiful, yielding wonderful skin tones and beautiful, crisp greens. Definitely a professional quality film.
Published on October 23, 2009 by Ryan Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
the color of this film is too vivid to me.
Published 4 months ago by Cheng-Tao Chen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Grain, Beautiful Color, October 23, 2009
This review is from: Kodak Professional Ektar Color Negative Film ISO 100, 120 Size, Propack of 5, *USA* (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely color, September 23, 2010
A great option for 120 medium format photography, this film has rich colors and sharp images. Using ISO 100 film is relatively grain free and beautiful clarity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, but temperamental., July 28, 2010
I got a box of this film for fathers day and I have shot a few rolls of it so far and I really love the quality of the shots I have made with it, but there is a problem. The film tends to produce images with a blue cast if you underexpose. This can be fixed before you print with filters or digital manipulation, but it is something that you need to know going in. Once you correct the blue cast, the colors and tones are excellent, and this film has that film quality that makes you remember why you decided to shoot that photo with film not digital.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, February 26, 2011
Exceptionally nice film. Lovely colors, capable of great subtlety, reasonable speed, very fine grain, scans beautifully. I use it for landscapes and photomacrography, for which it is wonderful. If you are used to slide film, try this, I bet you'll like it (a lot).

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FILM LEFT, February 9, 2011
This film goes beyond the resolving power of most lenses! Some older Nikons, Hasselblads,Leicas
and Zeiss lenses (high end stuff) might take full advantage of it. My Yashica Mat 124 80mm lens does a good job with it. I love this stuff. Brilliant scenics. Yummy color. You can get it in 35mm too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic General Purpose Film, January 9, 2013
This is a really great film that has had a bad reputation for rendering bad skin tones foisted upon it by people who base their claims on cheap minilab scans rather than scans from a pro lab. Ektar gives great colors that jump off the paper when you print it, and its very sharp and contrasty. I've even taken some lovely portraits with this film, even though the blow-hards on internet forums like to pan it, claiming it makes skin look overly red. As with any high contrast film though, the photographer needs to make sure the light they are shooting in is good and not overly contrasty or harsh. Ektar can make colors pop and show the world in surreal beauty, but it cant fix bad lighting or an overly wide dynamic range in a scene. With that caveat in mind, shots made with this film in the morning and evening hours or in open shade will have great color, very very little grain, and if the photographer does their part to keep things sharp, the film will not let them down. If anyone from Kodak should read this short review: Please find a way to make this film in high speed flavors as well! An ultra-saturated, ultra-sharp and ultra-contrast slow version would be welcome too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vivid!, October 20, 2012
Netta Marshall (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I love this film so much! Virtually no grain, and the colors are bright and vivid. Very close to real life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, December 6, 2011
You don't get as much of a exposure latitude as you do with Kodak's Portra line of films (the newer ones) but it is still a very nice film. Some say it is not good for portraits because of how it renders skin tones but it did a good job in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars It shoots almost like slide film, November 12, 2009
A great film... however, in a few situation of diminishing light (dusk), overexposure is a good insurance policy. I should have been aware that the light was fast moving way off the mark and unlike other films, over compensation would have been best... my fault more than the film. That was just a few shots out of bunches more that were great. Sharpness... lets be real... Tons of sharpness and detail! There has been many discussions in film forums about "pink or purple cast shadows", but I found a few situations were my FILM SCANNER's film profile or auto-detect was not dealing with the film well. Minor adjustments to the canned profile and saved it up seemed to fix this issue. I'll be stocking up on this stuff again soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colors Render Beautifully, June 30, 2013
Film to Digital and Back. 6yrs in the making

I'm guessing that the Mpixel wars have changed the way we think, and anyone new to film will always have the MP theory to fall back on. I grew up with my dad shooting film and developing at home. I will not do that. I jumped on with the original Canon D30 (used of course) and a 50mm F1.8 Mk I (original Metal mount) 6yrs later and a few DSLR's (20D, 1D Mark II, 5D 12.8 MP) and a few L lens I bought a Mamiya 645 1000s and shot 2 rolls of Film. One BW (Kodak 400Tmax) and 1 Color (Kodak Ektar 100). Not knowing how to use this Mamiya all I did was run some test shots. I did some Urban Photography and I looked for Different Colors, Orange, Blue, Red, and Green where my main objectives.
About this Kodak Ektar. Colors just POP out with amazing detail. I got back my roll of film and the prints where Rich in the reds. Skies are the perfect South Florida Blue. Ive only used Tmax (on my 3rd Roll) and Ektar (only 1 roll)
I was blown away at the depth of field, the graduated tone and the imperfections of dust, hair, and blurry image. Something that bothered me in Digital. Details (When properly exposed) in the Shadows are Amazing. Great Contrast in Bright situations, and excellent tonality in ALL shots. I use an Android App Lightmeter by David Quiles and its perfect for me.

Although developing at home is an option, I will not go down that route. Today I'm just sending out my film to 2 local Shops and getting my images done there. Calumet Photographic in Fort Lauderdale, FL and Dale Laboratories in Hollywood, FL.
I just received some Ilford XP2 400 Super I will try next.