5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised
Published on April 9, 2012 by Flat Lander

3.0 out of 5 stars Good film bad experience
I bought this film for a project with the add on program. Good consistent results with great shadow detail. It does exactly what I wanted though generally I prefer the look of the look of the Ilford HP5.

der. They limit the total number you can buy so I had to scramble to get a replacement. They don't notify you of this until you reach the limit otherwise it...
Published 17 months ago by JB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Kodak 400 TMAX Professional ISO 400, 35mm, 36 Exposures, Black and White Film (Electronics)
I have been taking B&W photos and processing the film myself for about 50 years, and I had been a Tri-X or Plus-X fan for fine grain B&W. I read about Tmax's different response curve and gave it a try a few years ago, and also bought the Tmax developer. I like capturing deep blue skies with B&W as a deep grey, rather than white as with some films. Also, I was very pleased with the fine grain which made for crystal clear photos. It is easy to put into my developing tank, easy to process, dry and scan. I was pleasantly surprised with this film and highly recommend it for general use black and white film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film for the black & white photography enthusiast, February 21, 2011
Over the past year I've shot about 50 rolls of this film and couldn't be happier with it. Processed in Xtol it yields great negatives with decent exposure latitude, fine grain, and it scans beautifully. I wonder if some of the people who've posted earlier negative reviews were not doing their own processing. The first rolls I shot were processed by a well-regarded lab I found on the internet but their work did not compare with what I could achieve myself using standard processing with Xtol. In short, a great film, now my standard black and white film for hand-held 35-mm photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kodak T-Max 400 black and white, May 7, 2010
Jin Chong (New York City) - See all my reviews
works great. the photos came out amazing. I shoot it with a 35 years old Canon AE-1 35mm film camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., January 8, 2014
More contrast than some, not as much as others. This film is very good at portraying the world in a very realistic way. I'm pleased with the results and just wish there were more darkrooms in this area I could make use of.

5.0 out of 5 stars good film, July 22, 2013
I put off shooting this film because I thought I would have to mail away the film to develop it, but since walgreens develops b&w film, I am happily shooting it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ansel Here I Come!, November 18, 2013
I recently purchased a used Canon DSLR Rebel and the seller threw in a Canon Rebel film camera as well. I'd never tried black and white film photography so I figured I'd give it a go. I really enjoyed using this film and the nostalgic memories of film photography (and having to wait for the film to be developed) was kind of fun. The pictures turned out rather well, if I do say so myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a pleasure to shoot with tmax, October 26, 2013
you can always count on TMAX to produce quality photos.
NOT as nice a grain structure as Tri-X but close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, September 20, 2013
Mychal H. (Georgia, USA) - See all my reviews
There's not a bunch to say. Kodak Tmax 400 black & white is great stuff. It produces great quality black & white photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing contrast, July 13, 2013
Also, a great tonal range and beautiful contrast. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but along Kodak TX this is one of the best B&W films I've used.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT!, May 20, 2013
My granddaughter uses this in her photo class...price is great compared to many others. Plus great service and delivery. Will definitely order again when she needs it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›