Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kodak 400 TMAX Professional ISO 400, 36mm, 36 Exposures, Black and White Film
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 9, 2012
I have been taking B&W photos and processing the film myself for about 50 years, and I had been a Tri-X or Plus-X fan for fine grain B&W. I read about Tmax's different response curve and gave it a try a few years ago, and also bought the Tmax developer. I like capturing deep blue skies with B&W as a deep grey, rather than white as with some films. Also, I was very pleased with the fine grain which made for crystal clear photos. It is easy to put into my developing tank, easy to process, dry and scan. I was pleasantly surprised with this film and highly recommend it for general use black and white film.
on February 21, 2011
Over the past year I've shot about 50 rolls of this film and couldn't be happier with it. Processed in Xtol it yields great negatives with decent exposure latitude, fine grain, and it scans beautifully. I wonder if some of the people who've posted earlier negative reviews were not doing their own processing. The first rolls I shot were processed by a well-regarded lab I found on the internet but their work did not compare with what I could achieve myself using standard processing with Xtol. In short, a great film, now my standard black and white film for hand-held 35-mm photography.
on November 18, 2014
Tack-sharp, easy to develop, and quite amenable to push processing with minimal grain even at ISO 1600. No complaints, just like you'd expect from Big Yellow.

Both photos on this review were from a roll pushed to ISO 1600, exposed in a Canon AE-1 Program and processed in TMAX Developer for 8 minutes at 75 degrees.
review image review image
on January 8, 2014
More contrast than some, not as much as others. This film is very good at portraying the world in a very realistic way. I'm pleased with the results and just wish there were more darkrooms in this area I could make use of.
on November 18, 2013
I recently purchased a used Canon DSLR Rebel and the seller threw in a Canon Rebel film camera as well. I'd never tried black and white film photography so I figured I'd give it a go. I really enjoyed using this film and the nostalgic memories of film photography (and having to wait for the film to be developed) was kind of fun. The pictures turned out rather well, if I do say so myself!
on November 23, 2013
Theres nothing much to say about this film other than its pretty great stuff. TMax has been my go to film for over 20 years. Its very low grain and has neutral contrast, which is nice for scanning. Which gives you more latitude for post.
on April 6, 2013
I bought this film for a project with the add on program. Good consistent results with great shadow detail. It does exactly what I wanted though generally I prefer the look of the look of the Ilford HP5.

der. They limit the total number you can buy so I had to scramble to get a replacement. They don't notify you of this until you reach the limit otherwise it would not be an issue.
on May 7, 2010
works great. the photos came out amazing. I shoot it with a 35 years old Canon AE-1 35mm film camera.
on December 7, 2014
Standard in B&W film, in my humble opinion. Back in my professional days we'd shoot through this stuff by the yard. Yes, kids - we used to shoot nothing but film up until ~2000 or so and then scan the negatives...and wait to process it by hand to see our results! Admittedly, very time consuming...but STILL better depth and clarity and aura than any digital camera can provide yet.
on August 16, 2015
This is a good film if you want high contrast and natural sharpness that looks better than digital, but not as grainy as classic B&W film traditionally looks. Be careful when selecting a developer for this film, I have favorite results with Xtol stock or 1:1, but D-76 works at stock (I don't suggest diluting D-76). This film doesn't offer the classic "film" look in my opinion, if you want that try Illford HP5 in D-76 or Illford ID-11.