Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Package Quantity: 1Style Name: YellowChange

on April 9, 2012
I have been taking B&W photos and processing the film myself for about 50 years, and I had been a Tri-X or Plus-X fan for fine grain B&W. I read about Tmax's different response curve and gave it a try a few years ago, and also bought the Tmax developer. I like capturing deep blue skies with B&W as a deep grey, rather than white as with some films. Also, I was very pleased with the fine grain which made for crystal clear photos. It is easy to put into my developing tank, easy to process, dry and scan. I was pleasantly surprised with this film and highly recommend it for general use black and white film.
on February 21, 2011
Over the past year I've shot about 50 rolls of this film and couldn't be happier with it. Processed in Xtol it yields great negatives with decent exposure latitude, fine grain, and it scans beautifully. I wonder if some of the people who've posted earlier negative reviews were not doing their own processing. The first rolls I shot were processed by a well-regarded lab I found on the internet but their work did not compare with what I could achieve myself using standard processing with Xtol. In short, a great film, now my standard black and white film for hand-held 35-mm photography.
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2010
works great. the photos came out amazing. I shoot it with a 35 years old Canon AE-1 35mm film camera.
on January 8, 2014
More contrast than some, not as much as others. This film is very good at portraying the world in a very realistic way. I'm pleased with the results and just wish there were more darkrooms in this area I could make use of.
on July 22, 2013
I put off shooting this film because I thought I would have to mail away the film to develop it, but since walgreens develops b&w film, I am happily shooting it now.
on October 26, 2013
you can always count on TMAX to produce quality photos.
NOT as nice a grain structure as Tri-X but close.
on November 18, 2013
I recently purchased a used Canon DSLR Rebel and the seller threw in a Canon Rebel film camera as well. I'd never tried black and white film photography so I figured I'd give it a go. I really enjoyed using this film and the nostalgic memories of film photography (and having to wait for the film to be developed) was kind of fun. The pictures turned out rather well, if I do say so myself!
on April 6, 2013
I bought this film for a project with the add on program. Good consistent results with great shadow detail. It does exactly what I wanted though generally I prefer the look of the look of the Ilford HP5.

der. They limit the total number you can buy so I had to scramble to get a replacement. They don't notify you of this until you reach the limit otherwise it would not be an issue.
on November 18, 2014
Tack-sharp, easy to develop, and quite amenable to push processing with minimal grain even at ISO 1600. No complaints, just like you'd expect from Big Yellow.

Both photos on this review were from a roll pushed to ISO 1600, exposed in a Canon AE-1 Program and processed in TMAX Developer for 8 minutes at 75 degrees.
review image review image
on November 23, 2013
Theres nothing much to say about this film other than its pretty great stuff. TMax has been my go to film for over 20 years. Its very low grain and has neutral contrast, which is nice for scanning. Which gives you more latitude for post.