Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 9, 2012
I have used Tmax in my 35mm cameras, and recently been trying it in my cameras that use 120 size film. I like developing my own film at home rather than sending it out, and Tmax has its own developer and also does well with D76. I like the fine grain and the great contrast. Also if there are deep blue skies, the sky appears darker than with say Tri-X, which often appears white in print. This I understand is due to a different response curve. I recommend this film for medium format cameras as well as 35mm cameras where fine grain and brightly lit photos are wanted.
review image review image
on May 13, 2014
This film coupled with good developer resolves amazingly nice! forget about ilford delta 100 or pan f 50 forget about Fomapan 100 this film will kick their butt. when developed with adonal 1+50 the grain is amazing, and the skin tones are amazing If you shoot faces with lets say Fomapan the skin will look too dark Delta 100 is kinda greenish tone and not that good either. But Tmax100 will give you true B&W tones, the iris in the eyes will look light not completely dark like other films. Stand developement is also amazing with this just leave it 1 hour and 5ml of adonal + 495ml of water mix very well. you can shoot from iso 80 to 200 and dont see a difference.

I have tried it in Xtol "didnt liked the grays iso is boosted" adonal "best choice" Caffenol "very nice but not too good for portraits. will try D 76 and tmax soon.

This film and Neopan really well developed are the next sharpest films out there after Adox CMS 20 and other boutique and very expensive rolls that require a special developer, Like ATP Rollei...
on May 21, 2015
Really a wonderful film. Rendered black and white tonality similar to Tmax 400 as one would expect but with even finer grain. It isn't as clinical, subjective I know, as delta 100. Wide exposure latitude and handles overexposure well. Something about the contrast of this film always grabs me. It isn't as smooth as Acros 100 or have the handled midtones of FP4+ but it just works. Xtol and DD-X both work well for detail and sharpness. Some shadow detail is lost but sharpness is gained when using D76. This differences though are small.
review image
on March 18, 2016
TMAX 100 is one of my favorite B/W films. I started using is back when I was in college. Some like Tri-X, but I prefer the higher contrast and latitude the TMAX has. Being ISO 100, the grain is extremely subtle. Really only good for shooting outdoors in sunlight, unless you have a tripod or flash. I shoot the 120 roll film in my Rolleiflex 3.5f. Develop it myself in Kodak chemistry (D-76 developer) then scan the negatives. Check out the few images I've uploaded for reference.
review image review image review image review image
on May 3, 2013
Dependable, great sharpness, minimal grain. Flawless! It's only competitor is Ilford's FP4+. It's a great match with HC-110. It's a staple in my camera bag.
on March 10, 2014
It is what it says - fine grain black and white film with T-grain emulsion. Its the best 100 ISO monochrome film on the market when sharp, low grain shots are desires. Nice for portraits or landscapes. I use it in vintage box cameras as well.
on April 19, 2011
I have been a fan of Kodak film since the 1970's. There film continues to evolve and seems to always get better. With the advent of digital, its good to know that Kodak reliability in film making is always at it's best.
on November 26, 2014
I'm new to film photography but as far as black and white film goes, this one hasn't quite done it for me. The look of the film seems to be quite flat compared to Ilford's Delta 100 which i prefer the tonal qualities of immensely. It may be to your liking, but not quite mine unfortunately.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
I develop my own film and this film is great to use if you want to do it yourself and scan the negatives.
on August 31, 2015
Great film. I develop it in TMax developer. I like Fuji Acros, too. The two seem pretty similar to my eye but I usually use Fuji. Gotta help keep Kodak going, too, though.