5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
I took this to the Caribbeans with me on a cruise and it worked just wonderful, snorkeling. My photos came out crystal clear, I liked them more than my digital one. I miss film cameras!

Published 19 months ago by B.L.H.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film, poor trigger button.
My last waterproof disposable camera was a Fuji and this time I decided to try a Kodak. While Kodak appears to have better film quality (better color, sharper and less grainy), I'm under the impression that Fuji had slightly better lens, and clearly a better trigger button (Kodak's is really small and it's hard to tell when it's actually been fully depressed).
Published 19 months ago by captainramius

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Kodak Weekend Underwater Disposable Camera Excellent Performance High Quality (Electronics)

TIP: I used to develop photos, the trick is to develop the photos before you go through x-rays. I went on a cruise to the Caribbeans and developed them as soon as I got back to FL, and flew back to NY the same day.. if you do not have time to develop the photos, let the TSA know that your bags are carrying film cameras and they may excuse you from x-raying them. Take it out before you get to the check out point and also checked-in bags get x-rayed more than carry-ons, so try to carry-on your film.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great film, poor trigger button., January 7, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent pictures. Durable, waterproof case, December 1, 2012
We took this on a boat & beach trip because we didn't want to risk our nice digital camera. It's easy to use, and the pictures came out pretty decent. I noticed that the prints were clearer than the digital copies we got on CD, but that could be due more to who developed them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for snorkel/SCUBA, July 11, 2013
Peter Z. Simpson (Holliston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
First, let me say that this is an excellent waterproof film camera. It's a fine choice if you're out kayaking or at the beach, but not a good choice for underwater use. It's a good value for money, but you'll be disappointed in the quality of the photos if you use this for snorkel or SCUBA.

There is no flash on this camera and as a result, all your underwater pictures will have a pronounced blue tint to them. The colors you see underwater will not appear in your pictures. This is because water absorbs all wavelengths of light, except blue. If you're deeper than 5 feet, there's almost no red or yellow light to be found. Your brain compensates for this, but you need to have a flash to provide those colors (so they will be reflected from the yellows and reds in the coral and on the fishes) if you want them to show up on film.

If you're looking for a (relatively) inexpensive camera to bring back photos of the corals and fish you saw while snorkeling or SCUBA diving in Cozumel or Florida, my suggestion is to look at the Canon digital point and shoots. Canon makes some great underwater housings (under $200 for most of them) for almost all of their cameras, and they're good down to 30m. Every digital camera has a flash. Get right on top of your subject and make sure the flash is set to fire every time. The colors you get will amaze you. And your whole outfit will cost you around $300 for camera and housing. Less, if you have a Canon P&S sitting on your shelf already. Later, you can get an external, optically triggered underwater flash -- this will give you even more light, and no cable is required, it's triggered by the flash from your P&S.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome underwater camera!, December 11, 2012
this is a great camera for the beach and water activities
would def. purchase again for my vacations
great value and great quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, August 2, 2012
Bought this in april for my snorkeling trip in Key West. I failed to take good pictures because I thought I was about to drown at first but the camera was good. The few pictures that I did manage to take came out good. I do plan to buy more in the future. Pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT waste your money!, February 2, 2013
Susan (WATAGA, IL, US) - See all my reviews
I took 3 of these Kodak cameras and one Fuji QuickSnap Waterproof disposable camera with me on a long awaited vacation to the Bahamas. When I got home, I took them to get developed. The person developing the film, called me and told me that every single one of the Kodak cameras were defective (the pictures from the Fuji camera turned out perfectly). I purchased 2 of them from Amazon and one from a local drug store, so they were probably not all from the same batch. I am EXTREMELY disappointed... this was a trip that we had saved up for for 7 years and we had used these cameras to take some pictures of parasailing and closeups of stingrays, among other things. Too bad Amazon won't let me give negative stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera and a good depth!, November 24, 2013
This was a great camera. Deep depth and took some great pictures in Hawaii! Wish it had a flash but everything else was great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Grainy pictures, October 26, 2013
Produces grainy pictures that are suitable only if picture quality is not important. Plus there is the cost and inconvenience of developing. Even a cheap digital camera would probably produce better results. Design makes it easy to get a finger in front of the lens.

I used this on a fishing trip because I knew I would be taking pictures from a boat in a wet environment.

But many pictures of the fish caught came out poorly.

Now I did NOT use this camera underwater and perhaps that is where it shines.

If you are really not going underwater with it though, then skip this and invest a little more in a real camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars thanks, August 12, 2013
thank, it worked great in St. Thomas on vacation pictures came out wonderful, thanks again for making the trip better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›