Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kodak Weekend Underwater Disposable Camera Excellent Performance High Quality
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on January 16, 2013
I took this to the Caribbeans with me on a cruise and it worked just wonderful, snorkeling. My photos came out crystal clear, I liked them more than my digital one. I miss film cameras!

TIP: I used to develop photos, the trick is to develop the photos before you go through x-rays. I went on a cruise to the Caribbeans and developed them as soon as I got back to FL, and flew back to NY the same day.. if you do not have time to develop the photos, let the TSA know that your bags are carrying film cameras and they may excuse you from x-raying them. Take it out before you get to the check out point and also checked-in bags get x-rayed more than carry-ons, so try to carry-on your film.
on January 7, 2013
My last waterproof disposable camera was a Fuji and this time I decided to try a Kodak. While Kodak appears to have better film quality (better color, sharper and less grainy), I'm under the impression that Fuji had slightly better lens, and clearly a better trigger button (Kodak's is really small and it's hard to tell when it's actually been fully depressed).
on December 1, 2012
We took this on a boat & beach trip because we didn't want to risk our nice digital camera. It's easy to use, and the pictures came out pretty decent. I noticed that the prints were clearer than the digital copies we got on CD, but that could be due more to who developed them.
on July 11, 2013
First, let me say that this is an excellent waterproof film camera. It's a fine choice if you're out kayaking or at the beach, but not a good choice for underwater use. It's a good value for money, but you'll be disappointed in the quality of the photos if you use this for snorkel or SCUBA.

There is no flash on this camera and as a result, all your underwater pictures will have a pronounced blue tint to them. The colors you see underwater will not appear in your pictures. This is because water absorbs all wavelengths of light, except blue. If you're deeper than 5 feet, there's almost no red or yellow light to be found. Your brain compensates for this, but you need to have a flash to provide those colors (so they will be reflected from the yellows and reds in the coral and on the fishes) if you want them to show up on film.

If you're looking for a (relatively) inexpensive camera to bring back photos of the corals and fish you saw while snorkeling or SCUBA diving in Cozumel or Florida, my suggestion is to look at the Canon digital point and shoots. Canon makes some great underwater housings (under $200 for most of them) for almost all of their cameras, and they're good down to 30m. Every digital camera has a flash. Get right on top of your subject and make sure the flash is set to fire every time. The colors you get will amaze you. And your whole outfit will cost you around $300 for camera and housing. Less, if you have a Canon P&S sitting on your shelf already. Later, you can get an external, optically triggered underwater flash -- this will give you even more light, and no cable is required, it's triggered by the flash from your P&S.
on June 30, 2013
I used this in Hawaii to snorkel. I was always floating on the surface. It was easy to use, turning the wheel to wind the film was easy and pressing the button to take pictures was easy. Looking through the viewfinder was OK, but I found myself losing sight of the fish I was trying to shoot and had to look for it several times meaning the fish was not in the center of the picture once it was developed. The pictures were not very clear, it seemed like it needed to be focused. and was TERRIBLE at close up shots. Nothing closer than 2 feet was in focus, even when I was NOT under water. I also own a GoPro and ended up using that for underwater pictures. I guess you get what you pay for.
on August 2, 2012
Bought this in april for my snorkeling trip in Key West. I failed to take good pictures because I thought I was about to drown at first but the camera was good. The few pictures that I did manage to take came out good. I do plan to buy more in the future. Pleased.
on October 26, 2013
Produces grainy pictures that are suitable only if picture quality is not important. Plus there is the cost and inconvenience of developing. Even a cheap digital camera would probably produce better results. Design makes it easy to get a finger in front of the lens.

I used this on a fishing trip because I knew I would be taking pictures from a boat in a wet environment.

But many pictures of the fish caught came out poorly.

Now I did NOT use this camera underwater and perhaps that is where it shines.

If you are really not going underwater with it though, then skip this and invest a little more in a real camera.
on June 19, 2013
I bought two of these cameras. One broke at 40 feet under while scuba diving (supposed to be good to 50 feet). The wheel jammed and wouldn't turn, plus the strap just wouldn't stay on. I took the second camera snorkeling since obviously it wasn't cut out for 50 feet after all. This camera took very few quality shots. The conditions have to be PERFECT (fantastic light, object 4-8 feet away, etc).
on April 12, 2013
I've used a couple of these at snorkeling sites in the Caribbean. Apart from the fact that all the reefs are bleached and there are few fish, let alone schools of fish, I found the camera only useful for taking close-up shots of people. It's expensive for (maybe) one or two good pictures but one pic I took made it worth it.
on June 21, 2013
I have to admit the quality of the pictures from this camera were terrible. I'm not sure why the came out so bad. All pictures were taken outside in the sun. Some underwater and some above water, but they all turned out so grainy. Very disappointed. Also, I went to 3 places before I found someone that would actually develop film. Costco, CVS, and another place I went to no longer develop film. I ended up going to Rite-Aid and it took 2 weeks. I think it might be better to see if a good digital waterproof camera might be available for our next trip. It will probably be worth the extra $$. On a plus note, I lost it in the water and it floated so we easily found it.