Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 4, 2011
Overall, it is a good camera. Compared to other brands, it's affordable. Pictures were sharp with clarity and great quality images. My main issue was not being able to capture those 'quick' photos. For this to be a point & shoot it is just not fast enough for me. It's a small delay from when you press the button and for the photo to be taken. My little one moves fast. I'd have to spend more time taking extra shots in hopes of getting the perfect photo. I've owned other Kodak cameras that I have been completely pleased with. (Maybe its b/c of this cameras size, overall I'd rate this camera 3.5-4 stars) So, I decided to return the z990 and get a smaller Kodak camera with same Schneider lens, similar features and less zoom. Good camera, it just doesn't meet my needs. I also might try Canon too since I've always owned Kodak.
on November 8, 2013
Very cool camera. This camera takes good pictures but you have to make sure you are on the correct setting before snapping the photo.
on July 11, 2014
dont know why they got out of the camera business, takes beautiful pictures simple to use lots of good features and would buy again.
on November 2, 2011
if you just love to explore the close-up world and discover the beauty of all these things only a magnifying glass might reveal, but don't want to get all this heavy equipment a "normal" camera might need, THIS is the camera you want to work with
on December 9, 2012
Slow to take a pic but took decent pics until about 6 months after purchase it started telling me lens was blocked. and turning it off and back on made it work for a while. but now it wont even turn on and its going to cost at least $125 to fix it if not more that's not including the shipping and handling.. I had always been quite pleased with Kodak Easyshare cameras till now.. I will probably switch to a Nikon or Canon when I get the money to replace this camera..
on January 5, 2012
I really, really, really wanted to like this camera. I have a Kodak Z650 6 mp camera that I would LOVE to update. Thought this was it....NOT! I am an amateur photographer, just an ordinary mom. First thing I did was TRY to take some regular pictures on auto mode. First two pictures took, then camera froze up. It also took over a minute between pictures with a brand new class 10 SDHC card in! When it froze, I would have to open the battery cover and then put it back on, turn back on camera, etc. Thank goodness I wasn't trying to take a picture of something good!! I worked with this problem off and on for over 6 hours, taking about 200 pictures in different lighting, different settings/modes, different ISO, etc. While I was doing it, I was taking the SAME pictures with my little old 6 mp Z650 - indoors and out, bright light, no light, and same settings. Guess which camera wins the contest?? By far! I am to angry at the moment to post a side-by-side at the moment, but maybe after a day or two I will. I really only wanted to update my old camera because the viewing screen is small, there is a VERY superficial scratch on my Schneider lens and it just seems that my old 6 mp needed to be updated. Guess not, I am returning the defective new one and will just remain a happy camper with my old z650. Oh, and on another note...I bought through Amazon (which I of course love) - shipping was horrible this time! This camera had NO padding in the camera box or the amazon box! Just everything floating around inside. Also, the camera itself looked as if it had been a returned item, not a new one. (Two batteries were sealed, the other two were just floating around in the box, no seal on camera box and my lens cover was in a bag that looked liked it was pulled out of the garbage can! Very disappointed all the way around with this purchase.
on September 13, 2014
Disappointing color but for the money it does the job. If you want a good one get a Canon. The difference is significant.
on March 23, 2013
This camera does everything I was looking for in a digital and more. I would've given it a higher rating but there is one problem which can be annoying; that is, it does take too long to "chamber" the picture once you take it and waiting to move on to take another one. There is a delay which is way too long, especially if you're trying to continue taking pictures of sporting events, family functions, or anything which is a moving or continuing picture. I have a few other digitals but this Kodak is the only one in my collection which is horrible in taking the shot and setting up for another one. But for this issue the camera would be an awesome one.
on June 21, 2014
Great Camera and veryv user friendly. I HAVE TAKEN 1000'S of photos. Good purchase and photo quality is very ggod..
on April 16, 2012
This a a great camera overall. It has some good features like the Panorama. It is a little slow between taking pictures. Great camera for the price. It also came with rechargeable batteries and charger.