Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera - Black (Discontinue...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 63% off the $179.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- Record High Definition video (1080p at 30 fps with 16:9 aspect ratio)
- Easily upload recorded footage to YouTube with built-in USB and software
- Expandable SD/SDHC card slot up to 32 GB; Rechargeable battery and charger included
- Vibrant 2.5-inch viewfinder; Watch footage on HDTV with included cables
- Edit and share videos with included software
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Included Components||Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera - Kodak Li-Ion|
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 0.9 x 4.5 inches|
|Item Weight||0.24 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.4 grams|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.6 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.282 ounces|
|Media Format Digital Video||SD, SDHC|
|Media Type||Flash card|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||5 MP|
|Shipping Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
From the Manufacturer
It’s small enough to fit in a pocket, but why would you ever want to put it there? Whether out on the town or just hanging with friends, the Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera captures every experience in stunning 1080p HD video. Stay in focus while you’re on the move with integrated image stabilization. Then kick back and watch all the action on your HDTV or share your scene on YouTube with the built-in USB. The Zi8 pocket video camera has all you need to define yourself in high definition.
- Take full HD 1080p videos wherever you go
- Get sharper videos and less blur thanks to built-in image stabilization
- Premiere your videos in the palm of your hand with the vivid 2.5-inch color LCD
- No cables to worry about–just swing out the USB arm to upload, share and charge
- Get a new perspective–take amazing 5 MP 16:9 widescreen HD still pictures
- Share on Facebook and YouTube with ease–built-in software makes editing and uploading simple
- Compatible with PC and MAC (Use with Apple iLife Suite of products) operating systems
- Compatible with iTunes for syncing with Apple TV, iPhone and iPod Devices
- Plenty of room for more–record up to 10 hours of HD video (Record ~20 min per 1 GB at 720p HD at 30 fps) with the expandable SD/SDHC Card slot that can hold up to 32 GB
- Capture your friends in their best light with smart face tracking technology
- See more details and accurate colors in low light
- Make audio awesome–the external microphone jack lets you record in stereo
- Be ready for the big screen right out of the box with complementary HDMI cable
- Record from a distance or play back on your TV with ease with available remote control
- Grab attention and define your style with the ultra-compact design, stunning looks, and a range of colors
- Kodak Zi8 Pocket Video Camera
- KLIC-7004 Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Adapter and cable for battery charging
- HDMI and AV cables
- Wrist strap
- User’s Guide
- ArcSoft MediaImpression Software for Kodak (on-camera)
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top Customer Reviews
In my previous review of the Kodak Zi8 I was pretty frustrated at the fact that whenever I used the built in microphone the recorded videos had an annoying high pitch whine that made the audio from my videos almost unusable. Kodak recognized that this was an issue and created a firmware update that fixed the problem. It also fixed a few other things like the previous issue of the image getting darker as you zoomed in. They seem to have fixed all of the major problems with this firmware fix.
I do tech product reviews so I need the following things:
- External mic input - most of my videos are shot wearing a lapel mic
- Macro mode - I have to get close to little tiny screens
- SDHC memory - I go to all day trade shows, I need 10+ hours of video
- Power options - I need to be able to shoot while AC power is plugged in or use a large external battery.
- Under $200 - I'm poor.
Because of these requirements no other camcorder can fit my needs. One cool thing about this camera is that it is much more upgradable than the other pocket cameras on the market.
-The built in microphone is OK now that they fixed the whining noise, but it's still not amazing.
- Don't use the internal mic... I use an Audio Technica lapel mic for 1 person interviews.Audio Technica ATR-3350 Lavalier Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone For events I ordered a Sony stereo mic to use instead of the built in mic.Read more ›
Kodak has designed, marketed, and built a camera to compete with FLiP and has clearly produced a FAR better product.
I'll keep it short and sweet and first explain who I am and what I am using this camera for. I use it for:
-Home Videos/Fun stuff with old buddies and friends
-For work when I need some quick video that's easy to upload online, or put in iMovie and edit
-For work when I need more complex videos that may require editing, or somewhat lengthy video but I want the ease of use/portability.
I have seen some of the problems stated with the internal Mic and I have had none of them (I do have the upgraded Firmware that is now standard 1.03, and Kodak says this completely eliminates the issue...again have never had the issue on my camera). A relative of mine was lucky enough to purchase this product when Kodak did an 'early' release a few months ago and occasionally his videos will have a bit of a higher pitched background noise, but it doesn't interfere with the sound from the video -- its just a light background noise that, honestly, i've heard on dozens of cameras. Don't forget, without an external Mic the camera only records mono so -- the sounds quality isn't going to be great anyway!Read more ›
|Length: 2:23 Mins|
Christmas lights in front of the house, the tree inside the house, and some footage at the local gym (dark, medium and bright conditions!)
I also shot some close-up footage with the close-up setting on and off so you can see how it works.
All videos are recorded by the camera in .mov format.
I will start by saying, I have not had any of the problems that seem common here. No lines, no funny squeals/hums, etc. This unit came with the latest firmware installed (1.06).
Reading the 4 and 5 star comments on Amazon, I would say they are in line with my own experiences. For my needs this camera hits the mark on so many levels.
- Small camera
- Ability to record fast action movement of sports/dance activities
- Extremely easy to play back on a computer AND television
- Zoom. Optical would be great, but not needed for what I do.
- A standard video format that could be edited by lots of different software.
Major pluses that tipped the scale to this camera over others:
- Removable memory. I don't want to download everything to a computer when I am on vacation. Swapping out the memory card is like loading film...I'll process it when I get home.
- Removable Battery. With all of my rechargeable tools/toys, I will use them more if I can swap out a run down battery and keep going. This lesson was first learned with cordless drills, always buy a second battery so you can keep working.
- Decent quality video for the size. Look at another reviewer on Amazon. He did a decent job of recording in different lighting conditions to show you what to expect. Similar videos were found on Youtube.
This seems to be a problem for a lot of people.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Everything it is supposed to be and more. I am impressed with the picture quality and microphone. Works well to record my psychotherapy sessions with my clients for supervision.Published 6 days ago by Elisa Ann Mohn Horton
It is a beast of a camcorder and with a memory capacity of 32GB, you can't go wrong! Plus, it records 720@60 (720p at 60FPS!!) which makes for some REALLY fluid video! Read morePublished 11 days ago by MrPuzzlez
I can not say enough how much I love this camera. I have used it for multiple YouTube Videos and even talk shows. The camera is small but full of power. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Earl Hall
The camera only records for a few seconds then stops recording.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
great little camera--still and movie--perfect for Craigslist and Ebay postings. Too bad Kodak got into the digital scene so late; this is a nice, convenient cameraPublished 4 months ago by william yates
This has been a great camera in my possession for years now. Simply awesome. I don't think they are made anymore.Published 4 months ago by MoonJoey