5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome!
Published on February 10, 2012 by My2cents

1.0 out of 5 stars Blurry Video
VERY blurry video. Which pretty much makes it useless. I mean the entire idea here is shooting panoramic VIDEO. Not turning an HD camera into blurry <VGA quality panoramic video. This would be fine if it were $15 and they told you about the video quality upfront.
Published on May 29, 2012 by Scott E.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome!, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Kogeto Panoramic Accessory for iPhone 4 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Here's the deal... It is not perfect, but... It is still pretty awesome. First off, I have a 4s and by default-- it has the better camera (compared to the 4) so the quality is not just affected by the Dot,itself. The phone model is a factor, too. Second, it's a new technology... And like any new technology... There is always room for improvement. So the great thing about this is, I have had my Dot for a few months now and they have ALREADY upgraded the software. That means I get the improvements for FREE because the app that comes with it is downloadable on iTunes. How great is that? Those who returned the product just didn't give it a fair chance.

I also notice that the more I learn how to optimize its usage, the better my videos get. Yes, like I said...this new technology is not perfect, but I think that there could be a lot of user error that can be easily rectified. I think the company offers webinars... I would at least inquire.

I've used my Dot to record outdoor sports, meetings, at the dining table, and performance arts. On Kogeto's website, i've seen people use it when traveling, at a museum, skiing and skateboarding. It's just good fun. If you can be patient with it, you can learn to love it. But the younger folk love it anyway... They think it's uber cool and don't have near the amount of complaints a more "mature" person would. My kids get a total kick out of it!

The only pitfall is having to take off your case, but you don't have to do it that much, so really..it's no big deal. For the price and uniqueness, I say--- give it a whirl, yourself!!!! By the way, I like how you can set this model down on a table (or somewhere flat) and record. Just remember to adjust your phone's sleep settings because it might turn off in the middle of recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For The Family!, February 22, 2012
We got our Dot about a month ago. Really easy, really a lot of fun. My kid uses it during skiing and skating! She loves it!
We have had big family dinners and put it right in the middle of the table - hilarious to watch everyone!
Easy to set up, cool app and awesome to watch online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 21, 2011
This is a great product. It's so cool to be able to now share all kinds of experiences that in the past you would say to yourself " I wish people could see what I'm seeing / experiencing right now". Well, now they can. I recently brought the DOT to a hysterical family event and it was just awesome to capture everyone's reaction in the room at the same time. No more fake reactions when you know you're being filmed. The app and the dot is very easy to use and you can upload and share your videos in minutes. Very cool. The company (Kogeto) has been very helpful... If you buy it, remember to take the plastic protective coating off the lens. Duh! Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars High capability for small cost, size, and weight, December 29, 2011
Michael_in_SC (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This is a very nice product that creates a 4-dimensional information cube (space, and time) via an interactive panoramic video capture. It is lightweight and snaps onto the phone to make a very unobtrusive setup -- not geeky at all, so you can take it to concerts or events without feeling self-conscious. Keep in mind that this is an attachment for a cell phone -- no 12-megapixel SLR camera image quality here (the limitation is the cell phone, not the lens) -- but within that realistic expectation, it does useful and entertaining things that other forms of video cannot do, and at a very reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Attachment for Sharing Your Experiences, March 1, 2012
This is a fun attachment that does a great job capturing life around you. I've read some reviews that criticize the picture quality, but I think it is reasonable for what you are paying. Just like I don't expect a $100 Flipcam to take as good a video as a $1000 camera, I wouldn't expect and $80 clip-on attachment to a phone to take the same quality video as a dedicated panormic video camera (if one even exists).

One drawback that I have encountered is that I need to remove by protective case from the phone in order to attach the Dot. I have an OtterBox, so it is a bit of an ordeal.

All-in-all, a cool item that easily enhances the ability to share your experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cool Product, February 22, 2012
I first saw this at the apple store in Grand Central and it immediately interested me. After ordering and receiving it was clear this is a cool gadget that has impressed all of my friends. After quickly downloading the app the Dot easily snaps on and off. It also easily stores in your pocket when not in use. The video capture is good and quickly resulting in a lot of fun video and sharing on Facebook/Twitter, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars great accessory for travel, February 22, 2012
i was given this as a gift and wasn't sure what to make of it at first. when i tried it out, it was a bit confusing to figure out how to focus the lens, but the next day they released a new version of the companion app that simplified the whole process--a good sign that the developers will continue to make this more and more user friendly. i took it on a long trip to the middle east and captured some amazing 360 views of the mountains and the western wall. it's a very cool, easy-to-use gadget - not appropriate for every occasion because you get a bit of distortion in order to get the 360 view, but all around an excellent accessory, especially for travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even more awesome than you think!, February 22, 2012
The first time I saw someone walking around with one of these on their iPhone, I knew exactly what it was, and my inner geek got really excited.

But I was even more impressed the moment I actually started shooting with it, and especially watching clips to reminisce on recent fun events. The ability to look around within a video is incredibly magical. Beyond just a neat trick, it legitimately encapsulates and preserves individual moments in life. Quality of this technology has a ways to come, however there's a time and place for photos & normal videos, and time a place where the immersion of the Dot makes it the perfect accomplice to illustrate life stories to friends and on Facebook.

Tip: while shooting, hold the so the body is pointing back at you, and then the part of the 360 degree shot that contains the body of the phone is also the part that you're standing in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for Memories, February 22, 2012
I was given a dot as a gift and I really love it. I've had a lot of fun using it. I don't have much of a chance to use it in my daily life (360 degree videos of that would be boring) but it's been great for me to travel with. I've used it to capture videos of some beautiful/exotic places that I don't get to go very often, and it's allowed me to remember much better than a photograph or regular video what it feels like to really BE there. There's nothing like being able to see EVERYTHING that was around you. I've also had fun placing the dot in the middle of a big group of people and capturing everyone's reactions -- watching an interaction from lots of different angles.

I've also played with editing video in FinalCut -- it's a little tricky to get it in the right dimensions, but you can make some really cool projects once you figure it out. The only issue I've had with it at all is figuring out how to get the video focused better, but I do believe the new versions of the app -- Looker-- that goes along with it are going to improve upon this.

All in all, I think the dot is a great device - I've given one to my dad and several friends as gifts since getting mine. And I think it's really going to start a revolution in 360 degree video technology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, February 22, 2012
This is one of the greatest new tech product of the year! If you have a Iphone4 or 4S, you definitely would not want to miss this little fun toy. With this little toy, you can capture videos in 360 degrees easily, and share them almost instantly on Facebook with your friends and family.

Rate and Discover Movies