5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome!
Published on February 10, 2012 by My2cents

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Useless piece of plastic if Looker App is busted.
I wouldv'e been happy with this even if the video is blurry and the autofocus doesn't work most of the time. My one big irritating problem that made me curse this **** product is the ****** LOOKER APP CRASHES A LOT OR DOES NOT WORK.

Published on May 28, 2012 by J. Agraviador

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome!, February 10, 2012
This review is from: Kogeto Panoramic Accessory for iPhone 4 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Here's the deal... It is not perfect, but... It is still pretty awesome. First off, I have a 4s and by default-- it has the better camera (compared to the 4) so the quality is not just affected by the Dot,itself. The phone model is a factor, too. Second, it's a new technology... And like any new technology... There is always room for improvement. So the great thing about this is, I have had my Dot for a few months now and they have ALREADY upgraded the software. That means I get the improvements for FREE because the app that comes with it is downloadable on iTunes. How great is that? Those who returned the product just didn't give it a fair chance.

I also notice that the more I learn how to optimize its usage, the better my videos get. Yes, like I said...this new technology is not perfect, but I think that there could be a lot of user error that can be easily rectified. I think the company offers webinars... I would at least inquire.

I've used my Dot to record outdoor sports, meetings, at the dining table, and performance arts. On Kogeto's website, i've seen people use it when traveling, at a museum, skiing and skateboarding. It's just good fun. If you can be patient with it, you can learn to love it. But the younger folk love it anyway... They think it's uber cool and don't have near the amount of complaints a more "mature" person would. My kids get a total kick out of it!

The only pitfall is having to take off your case, but you don't have to do it that much, so really..it's no big deal. For the price and uniqueness, I say--- give it a whirl, yourself!!!! By the way, I like how you can set this model down on a table (or somewhere flat) and record. Just remember to adjust your phone's sleep settings because it might turn off in the middle of recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For The Family!, February 22, 2012
We got our Dot about a month ago. Really easy, really a lot of fun. My kid uses it during skiing and skating! She loves it!
We have had big family dinners and put it right in the middle of the table - hilarious to watch everyone!
Easy to set up, cool app and awesome to watch online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 21, 2011
This is a great product. It's so cool to be able to now share all kinds of experiences that in the past you would say to yourself " I wish people could see what I'm seeing / experiencing right now". Well, now they can. I recently brought the DOT to a hysterical family event and it was just awesome to capture everyone's reaction in the room at the same time. No more fake reactions when you know you're being filmed. The app and the dot is very easy to use and you can upload and share your videos in minutes. Very cool. The company (Kogeto) has been very helpful... If you buy it, remember to take the plastic protective coating off the lens. Duh! Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Attachment for Sharing Your Experiences, March 1, 2012
This is a fun attachment that does a great job capturing life around you. I've read some reviews that criticize the picture quality, but I think it is reasonable for what you are paying. Just like I don't expect a $100 Flipcam to take as good a video as a $1000 camera, I wouldn't expect and $80 clip-on attachment to a phone to take the same quality video as a dedicated panormic video camera (if one even exists).

One drawback that I have encountered is that I need to remove by protective case from the phone in order to attach the Dot. I have an OtterBox, so it is a bit of an ordeal.

All-in-all, a cool item that easily enhances the ability to share your experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars High capability for small cost, size, and weight, December 29, 2011
Michael_in_SC (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This is a very nice product that creates a 4-dimensional information cube (space, and time) via an interactive panoramic video capture. It is lightweight and snaps onto the phone to make a very unobtrusive setup -- not geeky at all, so you can take it to concerts or events without feeling self-conscious. Keep in mind that this is an attachment for a cell phone -- no 12-megapixel SLR camera image quality here (the limitation is the cell phone, not the lens) -- but within that realistic expectation, it does useful and entertaining things that other forms of video cannot do, and at a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fun Accessory, April 21, 2012
Kogeto has a lot of demonstration videos on their website. So, you pretty much know what you are getting when you buy this. Some complain that focus is not good. I think they do not realize that you need to take the protective plastic off the lens. It is a fun accessory to have and there are situations when you just want a 360 capture of the situation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty revolutionary & mind-blowing, February 23, 2012
Elizabeth Bougerol (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
THE GOOD
- The 360-degree shot is mind-blowing.
- It's so tiny and light. Not a clunky thing at all.
- You can finally film without having to hold the cameraphone steady/pointed at your shot. And the fact that you can set it down means people forget it's there -- which is when you get the good stuff.
- Great for staged performance -- you get the show AND the audience reaction to it.

THE NEEDS-IMPROVEMENT
- The focusing issue needs work. The Dot focuses on whatever's closest to it, which means if you're holding it, you are in focus but your target -- inevitably further away -- is potentially blurry.
- There's an 8-minute cap on clips -- an improvement, but still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Cool Product, February 22, 2012
I first saw this at the apple store in Grand Central and it immediately interested me. After ordering and receiving it was clear this is a cool gadget that has impressed all of my friends. After quickly downloading the app the Dot easily snaps on and off. It also easily stores in your pocket when not in use. The video capture is good and quickly resulting in a lot of fun video and sharing on Facebook/Twitter, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE: Useless piece of plastic if Looker App is busted., May 28, 2012

First of, the video is blurry if you have an iPhone 4. SO BEWARE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 4S. I suppose all the videos we see on their website were made with iPhone 4S.

Second - They lied about the autofocus. It doesn't really work. about 2 out of 10 of my videos are clear (and by clear I mean acceptable blurry video) The rest are just out of focus. I couldnt' figure out how it focuses - is there a side of the iPhone I need to point at the subject I want in focus?

Lastly and the most annoying part is Looker App DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I bought this product because my family was going on a Caribbean cruise, while in Orlando we were going to Disneyworld, Kennedy Space Center, Universal Florida etc. The first day we arrived in Orlando we went to Downtown Disney and it worked fine - VERY BLURRY IMAGES AT NIGHT - but acceptable for me. The second day we were at Disneyworld Looker app would not start up. I deleted it, downloaded it again and it still won't work. After about 2 hours it started working. The 3rd day we were on our cruise and I wanted my kids to carry this thing and walk around the ship to take 360 videos and the dang Looker app locks up or crashes or just won't start. Since we were still in US waters I figured delete and reload the program - still won't work. The rest of the cruise it just wouldn't work anymore which really really really ticked me off. I'm not able to reload the app since we're out of US and i don't want to get charged for a busted app. We came back from the cruise and I tried to reload the app again for our trip to Kennedy Space Center and Universal but the ******* App still won't work. We're back home now and i've tried it again several times and it's still busted. WTF!? I could just step on this piece of useless plastic but I'd rather get my money back. So back to Amazon it goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great accessory for travel, February 22, 2012
i was given this as a gift and wasn't sure what to make of it at first. when i tried it out, it was a bit confusing to figure out how to focus the lens, but the next day they released a new version of the companion app that simplified the whole process--a good sign that the developers will continue to make this more and more user friendly. i took it on a long trip to the middle east and captured some amazing 360 views of the mountains and the western wall. it's a very cool, easy-to-use gadget - not appropriate for every occasion because you get a bit of distortion in order to get the 360 view, but all around an excellent accessory, especially for travel.