4.0 out of 5 stars What's in the package
This Gasket looks like the one we need to replace (haven't done it yet, so I can't fully review this product). I did want to alert future customers that the gasket is packaged with 3 bolts, 3 washers and 3 nuts. It is not necessary to purchase these separately, as I did.
Published on January 12, 2011 by M. Wu

3.0 out of 5 stars The project needs more parts than contained in this kit
Published 18 months ago by M. Nakamoto

4.0 out of 5 stars What's in the package, January 12, 2011
M. Wu (Rockville MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kohler GP51487 Triangle Tank Gasket Kit for Most Two-Piece Toilets (Tools & Home Improvement)

3.0 out of 5 stars The project needs more parts than contained in this kit, March 22, 2013
In order to replace a leaking gasket on a Wellworth toilet, you will need two pieces missing from this kit: The gasket washer and the flush valve seal. The washer is pictured on the back of the GP51487 package, and fits between the gasket and the flush valve nut. Kohler couldn't explain why this is not included in the kit. The second missing piece is not part of the tank gasket, but because you have to remove the flush valve during this project, you should replace the flush valve seal. Kohler said it doesn't include the seal because different tanks have different flush valves (and this GP51487 fits several models of tanks). You could get the "Kohler 85406 Flush Valve" sold on Amazon, but then you don't get the new bolts. You do get (from what I can visually tell) both parts missing from this kit, but then you would be throwing away your old flush valve unnecessarily.

Here's a helpful hint in removing the old gasket: If you have trouble removing the flush valve nut because it's threaded tightly, grab a corner of the old gasket for leverage as you use the wrench. Don't squeeze the wrench too tightly because the flush valve and nut are plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Gasket, July 3, 2011
I had a toilet with a slow leak. The original gasket had deteriorated due to use of bowl cleaners dropped in the fill tank. This gasket solved the problem. It appears to be well made. One suggestion for the do it yourself plumber is to make sure you know how to properly install the gasket. It can be a bit of a challenge, so be patient. And once installed, avoid bowl cleaners that can damage your new gasket. Had this been done in my case, the original gasket would probably still be in good condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible design, November 3, 2013
J. Cline (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
terrible design - lots of other people saying the same thing out there on the web. i bought it for my Kohler Wellworth. it does NOT provide a good seal to the base, and your toilet will have a slow, silent leak. all of the people who rate this 5 stars probably have not done a test with food coloring to ensure they are leak-free. i don't understand why they got cute with the design and the part the three bolts go through. i don't see how this is better than just using washers and a standalone gasket. in fact, that's what I did - picked up a $2.99 Danco 701 gasket that works like it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact replacement for original, including bolts and nuts, July 11, 2012
Part matched description, and worked well.

Some reviewers have noted that the description did not say that bolts and nuts are included. It looks like the seller has updated the description because it now states that these are included.

I ordered additional bolts anyway because I wanted to make sure I had brass bolts, not brass coated steel. (I had to cut two of the old bolts off because they had rusted.) I ended up using the included bolts because they looked like brass. Maybe I should have tried a magnet on them, but I was in a hurry. Hope I don't regret this later...

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes some time, but worth it, April 12, 2014
First, all parts necessary are in the kit. What might be confusing at first, is that the rubber triangle and enclosed plastic gasket go under the flush valve nut, so the nut has to be removed first for proper installation. Since I had to do that, I decided to replace the whole flush valve while I was at it, since its gasket seemed pretty warn, also. The bolts in the triangle gasket kit are half rubberized, which make for a great seal, but a lot of wrench work to install. So far, I have no leaks, so it looks like this did the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exact fit gasket with bolts for kohler toilets, March 5, 2014
Gasket is for kohler toilets with 3 mounting holes. This kit came with all bolts and nuts needed for exact fit instillation. Simple instillation and my toilet no longer leaks

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, February 28, 2014
This Kohler Triangle Tank Gasket was shipped expediently. It was packaged appropriately and easy enough to open. The package contains all of the necessary hardware, including nuts and bolts, to replace a worn out gasket on your Kohler toilet. I had to replace two old gaskets on my Kohler tanks. These were easy enough to install. At the conclusion of the installation, not even a single drop leaked out. These gaskets seal quite well. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eaxctly what I needed and included all the screws, January 24, 2014
All my toilets seal disintegrated due to hard well water. Luckily the one that went first was on tile as I have one on my wood floor. This new products will never corrode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described., January 19, 2014
Worked perfectly on my Stehrling 3 Bolt toilet tank. Fit perfect. Unfortunetly I broke my toilet and haven't used it.

Rate and Discover Movies