5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, perfect results
Published on May 14, 2012 by patriciao

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but.
Very standard recipes. I was expecting something a little more adventurous in a Greek theme, but this book just offers up the usual fare: moussaka, pastitsio, avgolemono, taramasalata, and so on. Nothing very enticing at all.
Published 18 months ago by Mary Martin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, perfect results, May 14, 2012
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
We have been to Kokkari Restaurant countless times and finally bought the cookbook a year ago. Every recipe has been delicious and most are pretty simple. Last night, for a special anniversary dinner, I used 4 recipes: Tzatziki, Greek Salad, Grilled Lamb Chops and Kokkari Potatoes and they were all perfect...delicious, beautiful and fragrant. The book is so good that one might not have to go to the restaurant...except at the restaurant I don't have to do the dishes.

Another outstanding recipe is the Orzo Pilaf with Spiced Vegetables and Yogurt. Even my finicky, non eggplant eating friends loved this one. The Zucchini Cakes with Mint- Yogurt Sauce just disappear when I bring them out and I have had people come in to the kitchen early to make sure to get them. I prepare them as passed hors d'oeuvres in a smaller size with a dollop of the yogurt sauce on top. These take a little effort to make, but they freeze beautifully and reheat quickly in a hot oven. The Spiced Ground Lamb Skewers are delicious but I could not make them adhere to the (wide, flat) skewers and have served them as burgers or as mini meatballs for an hors d'oeuvres.

As an enthusiastic home chef I can whole-heartedly endorse this cookbook as it is well written, easy to follow, the photographs are and stories are wonderful, but most importantly, the results are outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greek cooking at its best!, September 2, 2011
D. DeWitt (Stamford, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
This is an awesome cookbook! It's beautiful to look at,and the background stories are a delight to read. Excellent information about ingredients and preparation techniques. And the recipes! From Greek classics to grilled dishes to wonderful vegetables and sides, each recipe is a mouth-watering delight. I'm thinking of planning a trip to San Francisco just to eat at the restaurant. In the meantime, I'm starting to work my way through one fantastic recipe to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kokkari Cookbook Review, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
LOVE this cookbook. Have made many great recipes so far. Easy to follow instructions, just wish the cookbook was not printed in black can be a little hard to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !!, July 2, 2012
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
My partner and I love to cook. He took me to the restaurant in San Fran for my birthday. The food was amazing. If you have a chance to go I highly recommend it.
We love to entertain and both love mediteranean food. The cook book is easy to follow even if you are not a seasoned chef. It has great tips. Use fresh ingredients!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, October 5, 2011
David Smith (Sunnyvale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
We've been cooking through this cookbook for about a month now. The recipes are off the menu from their two restaurants in the Bay Area. Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Greek Cookbook, May 12, 2014
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
Since I am of Greek descent I was curious of this cookbook, but it is great. And, my family and I will be going to one of their restaurants soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars authentic greek cook book, June 27, 2012
Adrian Corduneanu (Cambridge, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
This book is written by the owners of the Evvia, Palo Alto, California greek restaurant. It features the dishes that you can eat in that extraordinary restaurant. The recipes are authentic Greek and they do not cut any corners. The food is so yummy!

For example, in the book you can read how to make authentic greek yogurt, tsatsiki, taramosalata. The versions of these Greek traditional dishes presented in this book (and at Evvia) are so good compared to what you find in most American Greek restaurants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
William L. Bush (Thousand Oaks, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
Awesome cookbook and great information - Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars my new favorite greek restaurant, February 6, 2014
Janet L. Archer (Grass Valley, Ca.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
just a couple of recipes tested and most of them 'tasted' while reading!!!! Looking forward to moving on with cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Favorite!, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors (Hardcover)
I am an avid cookbook collector/reader/cook and having bought this book last week, I have to declare it to be my current favorite. The book itself is beautiful - gorgeous photos of the restaurant and the food. I have already tried a number of the recipes and they are all excellent. Some of the best flavors and food I have ever made. I do not say that lightly - high praise for this book indeed. And must for those who like Greek food. 5 stars.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors
Kokkari: Contemporary Greek Flavors by Erik Cosselmon (Hardcover - September 7, 2011)
Used & New from: $20.78