Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kolcraft Easy Reach Rocking Bassinet with Light Vibes Mobile, Savannah Swirl Sage (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on March 28, 2009
My baby used the bassinet from 7 days old at 19" and 8 lbs to 5 weeks, at nights ONLY. At 5 weeks, she was 9.5 lbs. This light use was enough for the board underneath the mattress to cave in the middle, creating a curved surface that is not comfortable for baby. I read something like this in someone else's reviews either here or on babies r us, and chose to ignore it... well, it's true! I am contacting the manufacturer because I was hoping to use this thing for the next baby too. Also the particle board that forms the base of the mattress smells horribly and it takes a week for it to air out when brand new. It smells toxic, in my opinion - like sawdust and glue. To make do until we could use our crib exclusively, we had to put the mattress from our Moses basket underneath as padding. There are 2 metal bars between the mattress and the particle board base, and they are right where you'd want the baby's head to be. My baby just couldn't get comfortable a lot of the time.

The sheet that the mattress comes from is a very scratchy, very thin.

Mobile: The toys are very light in color, and newborns can only see high-contrast, black and white items, so the toys are a waste for a newborn. However, the mobile, aside from the toys, is decent. I added my own toys, and have now moved it from the bassinet to the standard crib, and it indeed fits our big wooden crib no problem. The vibrations are soothing EXCEPT right at the start-up - it's jolting and the baby always startles when you first turn it on. When the vibrations stop, they fade out nicely - why couldn't they do that for the start also? However the songs, in my opinion, are not good bedtime songs - they are fragments of one of the popular baby sleep CD songs, but are faster tempo and are just the first verse of each, so it's not very soothing because it switches too much, in my opinion.

The few good things about this is that it does look nice, the rocking is soothing, and is fairly easy to assemble. However, because it does rock, you have to be careful when you put baby in, you can startle the baby (and this would be true with any rocking device) if the device rocks.
on November 7, 2010
I did a lot of research on bassinets before our son was born. He slept in the bassinet only for 3 months but that bassinet was such a great help for us. As a first time parents we didn't know what to get and that's why I read and read a lot before I made up my mind. I never regret my decision. My son is 9 months old now, he still loves the melodies on the mobile, now he presses the buttons on his own. This is how he signals to me in the morning that he is awake :) Also, the vibration thing is awesome. That would sooth him and calm him down when he was cranky. And the bassinet could be rocked both ways, so we did not have any complaints at all. I love that bassinet, as well as my baby did. also, that bassinet is unisex - good looking for either baby boys or girls.

The one we have is not exactly as the one on the photo. You can find the one that we own exactly, here: [...]
on February 10, 2010
We got this for our 3rd and it's perfect for both boy and girl. There are a few bows on it that make it a tad more fem, but not bad. It is cozy and the mobile is great! We did not have this for our other kiddos. It vibrates, moves bears in circles, sings, nature noises, music (no voice) and even has lights when you get baby in the middle of the night. You don't have to turn on a lamp or overhead light and wake your spouse. Also is very easy to move from room to room. You can even take off the top bassinet part to use if you want to just lay on the floor (I did this when we had company and wanted to move baby's bed to a quieter area). Great product!
on February 17, 2009
This is sooo nice! especially for the price. it goes both ways.. boy or girl.. really good size! standard bassinet sheets! the padding isn't that great but all you need is a blanket under it and it works.. it has an LCD light right to help in the night!! i recommend this bassinet to any new parent its wonderful!
on March 28, 2013
I chose this rating because my great granddaughter loved the bassinet and doll.
She played with it most of the day ignoring other toys.
on March 25, 2009
This product is beautiful. I can't wait for the baby to be put in there looks like the baby will be able to be quite comfortable
on November 10, 2008
My daughter loves it! She put it together by herself. They love it.