5.0 out of 5 stars Best 80 bucks we've spent !
Published on March 22, 2007 by little miss honestly critical

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: one model deemed unsafe by CR
Published on December 23, 2006 by Gadgester

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 80 bucks we've spent !, March 22, 2007
This review is from: Kolcraft Tiny Steps® 2-In-1 Walker With Mini Maestro (Baby Product)
I can't say enough good things about this walker. We have had this since he was about 5 1/2 months old. He loved it from the beginning. We got ours at babiesrus. There are two different types available in stores, bug theme at burlington coat factory/baby depot and zoo theme at babiesrus. You can see them on the manufacturers website [...]. There is a very large snack tray when you remove the musical toy, the wheels move easily, easy to put together, sturdy, removable seat so you can wash it, bounce feature (dont expect it to be like the jumperoo), the brakes work great (until they're strong enough to push it as a walk behind), grows with your child, truly folds flat. Seat is height adjustable by loosening or tightening the strap. The seat is removable to make it a walk-behind. We have been using the walk behind feature since 9 months. He loves it and no problems! Great toy! Also, the musical removable toy has two modes-music that plays when you press a button and changes every time you press it, noises when you press a button. The music is classical but cute-not annoying. Has volume control underneath. A++!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great walker!, May 14, 2007
We bought this walker when my DD was about 5 months old (she's now 4). I absolutely love it for several reasons. First, I've read many articles from medical professionals stating how unsafe walkers are and that stationary bouncers are best. So, I settled on this walker. It's great because in order for your child to turn it has to be gradual (as opposed to other walkers that have wheels that swivel 360 degrees). Also, the wheels are a thick rubber and seem to keep your child at a "safe speed". The break mechanism is great for when you want baby to stay in place and the automatic stoppers for when the walker nears an edge (e.g. stairs) is wonderful. That being said, we never used it anywhere but the first floor where there were no stairs to worry about. My DD was very entertained by the activity tray, and it's super easy to remove if you want to put snacks on the tray and not get the musical toy part dirty. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because we didn't have much success with it as a walker. My DD didn't do well with the seat part out and pushing it to walk, it seemed to get too far ahead of her and she preferred to just cruise around stationary furniture. But that could just be my daughter because I've read other reviews where people have had great success with it. Overall I definately think this is one of the safest walkers out there and highly reccommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Safe Walker, April 28, 2007
This is a great walker. The tray has plenty of activities to keep the little one busy and the music steering wheel and button lights can easily be removed to make the tray even bigger. My grandson just loves the walker and I do too because it gives him the freedom to move from place to place safely. Amazon sells model #14570, so don't worry, the walker is sturdy with locking wheels for when you prefer him to stay stationary. Also, a plus is that it converts into a walk behind walker which assists the child learning to walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great walker!, March 24, 2007
Chris (West Palm Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
My son loves this walker. He loves the music as well as the toys on the walker. The other great thing about this walker is that once he was ready to actually walk, you can take the seat out and he can use it to walk behind. Also, the fact that it can be folded down made it very easy for us to take with us when we visited grandma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little helper, but had to make adjustments for carpetting, August 22, 2007
This walker is amazing. My little 9 month old loves it. It works great on regular flooring. On carpet however I had to unscrew the little plastic bars they had on the bottom (probably for safety or better steering). So now my son is able to walk around on the carpet (although not as easy as on regular floors). He also absolutely loves all the little toys and the music that is on the walker and it can keep him busy for quite some time (and he loves lots of attention so this is a great break for us). It is not hard to assemble and it is easy to store away. I highly recommend this thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - Doesn't do good on carpets, May 12, 2007
our baby enjoys it, but it gets stuck on carpets which is a bummer...

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best baby purchase we ever made!, August 8, 2013
CityGirl (Corpus Christi, Texas) - See all my reviews
Purchased at Toys R Us in 2002, this walker was of such great quality that it not only brought great happiness to my son that year, but survived 2 moves, 9 years in my South Texas garage, countless baby visitors, and is now being enjoyed by my granddaughter! The little music player still works perfectly, and the construction has withstood the test of time beautifully. The babies really respond to the lights and music, too, and all these years later, we are amazed that it is still in such great shape. GOOD JOB, Kolcraft!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and safe, June 29, 2007
It is a very safe product--will not tip over. The musical controller is removeable which is great. My 7-month-old daughter enjoy playing with the wheel and all the buttons very much. The only thing my daughter doesn't seem to enjoy is when we put it in the full music mode. I think maybe the song chosen might be too long for such young baby.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: one model deemed unsafe by CR, December 23, 2006
Serious Warning: Consumer Reports, the independent consumer magazine, called a specific model of this walker, model 14565, "unacceptable" because it's unsafe. (See their Dec. 8, 2006 blog on their website.) Anohter similar model, 14570, is okay. Model 14565 is deemed unsafe by CR because it does not prevent the walker, and the baby, from falling downstairs as it should. CR points out that the 14565 is still in the retail channel. Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell which model Amazon is selling. Your best bet is another brand or check one out in a retail store. Be sure to avoid model 14565!

5.0 out of 5 stars fun and pleasure, September 19, 2007
The walker is easy to assemble, the instructions are clear; the colors are great for children; when our daughter was in the walker, she smiled; this is absolutely a great toy to allow children as from 6-7 months to view the world from a different perspective; it is however quite important that at this age parents should not leave their children for a very long time (5 minutes) in an upright position as the head of the child is quite heavy and she/he will have frustrations not being able to continue what they would like to do; so, again this walker is absolutely to be recommended, but parental control is necessary!

Rate and Discover Movies