Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kolder Salad Dressing Bottle
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style Name: Salad Dressing Bottle|Change

on January 21, 2012
I love this bottle. However, I accidently dropped it and the cap broke off but the bottle stayed in tact. I then discovered that my Pedialite bottle cap fit perfectly and is more sturdy that the OEM part. Therefore, for all the reviews that talk about this poor quality cap, get a Pedialite, drink it, wash the cap and use it for the bottle.
66 comments|289 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2011
I eat salads almost every day at work and wanted a small bottle to carry my homemade dressing back and forth from home. I'm also on a kick for buying as many made in the USA products as possible so was pleasantly surprised when I found this reasonably priced bottle. The recipes on the side are helpful- I've used them a couple times and they do taste good but I usually make my own creations. But I didn't buy the bottle for the recipes, I bought it because it's a cheap glass salad dressing bottle.

I don't know if it's is officially sanctioned, but I do wash this bottle in the dishwasher. The recipes on the side have not faded with frequent washings. I hand wash the cap.

A couple other reviewers mentioned the cap and I do agree that is this bottle's weak point. Even with the cap screwed on tightly, I have to be careful to keep the bottle upright in my lunch bag or I end up with an oily mess. No biggie, though- I guess I won't put a full bottle of dressing in my checked luggage.

4 stars. It's good for what it is but the cap could use some improvement.
on March 1, 2010
I was pleasantly surprised when I received this salad dressing bottle. I got it because it was glass and one of the few that I have seen in glass. I have tried several of the recipes and they have all been great! Even when I substituted the sugar out for honey and/or stevia. It washes easily and the cap stays on nicely. I am afraid to wash in the dishwasher, just in case the writing comes off in my super heavy duty dishwasher! Overall a great product, I bought two, one for me and one for a friend!
on December 2, 2011
I love this salad dressing bottle. The balsamic vinaigrette recipe is my absolute favorite, I cannot be without it. I have already purchased two more as gifts, and I include a nice bottle of EVOO, Balsamic Vinegar, etc in a basket. Everyone loves it. I did figure out that Whole Foods brand salad dressings come in an identical bottle, so i reuse them and line them up to this one with the markings when I'm making a new batch of salad dressing. It does leak down the sides a bit when pouring out dressing, but you just need to pay attention and place it on a dish or wipe it up, I don't see this is a huge problem. I always wash mine in the dishwasher, and the recipes haven't worn off at all.
on February 26, 2010
This bottle makes it so easy to create fresh homemade dressings that I can't believe I didn't own one until now. I've tried 5 of the recipes so far and they all taste delicious. Also, when you make dressings from scratch they tend to have less sugars and sodium than store-bought dressings because they don't need to have such a long shelf-life. It's easy to throw in the dishwasher, but sometimes I just rinse it out and make another recipe since the main ingredients (oil) are roughly the same.
on September 11, 2014
Caps cheap and break easily when tightening just a little. One came with a cap already broken. The same bottle is used for commercial dressings. The caps are better on those and you can buy a bottle of dressing for cheaper than this bottle cost. Buy a bottle of dressing, then use the bottle for your home made recipe. The markings and ratios for home made dressings on the bottle are generic and can be found easily with an internet search.
on September 8, 2012
I bought two of these. The lid cracked the first time I used one, I just figured I must have gotten the lemon of the batch. The second bottle actually lasted until the second time I used it, and then the top of the lid broke off. It would be a great dressing bottle if the lids were of higher quality.
on January 3, 2013
I was so excited about purchasing this salad dressing bottle. Just used it for the first time today and the lid is cracked and will not screw back on. Very disappointed!
on November 7, 2012
We liked it at first, then discovered it drips as it does not pour cleanly. Also, the inked recipes on the sides began to scuff off, even without ever having put it in the dishwasher, so many recipes now cannot be read. Further, the cap gasket was so cheap that it disintegrated within a few months. I fashioned a rubber gasket to replace it, which should not have been required. Overall, a real disappointment.
on January 29, 2010
I like the bottle but the cap is more like a store bought bottle of dressing. It's lining will eventually disintegrate with use. I ended up buying the "Salad Dressing Genie" which I prefer.