5.0 out of 5 stars Worth all the hype
Published on June 6, 2007 by - Kasia S.

1.0 out of 5 stars PARABEN Disappointment
Zero Stars!
With all of those natural and safe ingredients, Komenuka Bijin blew it when they added the very unsafe and unhealthy chemical preservative paraben.
Disappointed beyond belief!
Published on March 11, 2010 by Stephanie Gray

1.0 out of 5 stars PARABEN Disappointment, March 11, 2010
This review is from: Komenuka Bijin Facial Cleansing Powder from Natural Rice Bran - 30 Packs (Health and Beauty)
Zero Stars!
Disappointed beyond belief!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth all the hype, June 6, 2007
When it comes to beauty I believe that cleanliness is one of the most important steps along with applying SPF creams and moisturizers, drinking water and sleeping (which is hard to do since I love to read till the wee hours). Cleansing loosens dirt particles, dislodges makeup stuck in every nook and crevice or prepares the face for the new day ahead. Morning and evening ritual of face washing can be a sweet indulgence, especially when I pamper it with the fancy Komenuka Bijin rice bran powder. The container houses thirty packets and each one can provide about three or more uses, depending how much is poured out. I love to mix the pale grains into a smooth and creamy paste that caress my face with a soft flurry of gently cleaning lather.

I won't repeat the list of ingredients as each Komenuka product comes with instructions and a detailed list of exotic items. The glow my face obtains with this wash is really fabulous and there is no dryness and discomfort, in fact I look forward to washing my face and take great pleasure at the benefits I can feel and see. Without thorough cleansing, it would take about twenty five days for the dirt and build up to wear off the face, not including the dirt that would start piling up on top of the skin as it would try to slough itself off. Proper care is necessary for a harmonious relationship with our biggest organ that expresses even the tiniest nuance, joy or discord through our facial muscles and the quality of the epidermis. The tiny grains in this powder blend well with water and are portable and easy to take when traveling as no one wants to drag bottles of creams and liquids on any trip. I also recommend the shampoo and conditioner form this line as they are truly standout products that do make a difference in how my skin and hair looks and feels.

- Kasia S.

5.0 out of 5 stars this product is great!, May 17, 2007
At first, I wondered about rice bran and its effectiveness as a cleanser for skin. It made sense, but I had never used it before. Previously, I had found oatmeal to be a very effective detoxifier for my skin, when I had a bad skin rash. It pulled out the toxins very quickly and my skin felt so healthy!

The ingredients for this great product, put out by Komenuka Bijin Facial Cleansing Powder are: rice bran extract, aloe extract, seaweed extract and coconut oil. That's right....all natural ingredients that you can very easily pronounce (unlike some skin care products whose moisturizers, cleansers and toners consist predominantly of chemicals, engineered in a lab, that are tested quite heartlessly on innocent lab animals). The great thing about this gentle scrub is that it doesn't take much to be effective. In fact, they reccomend that you use only 1/3 of a packet of the product, then mix it with warm water in your hand and apply it directly to the face. You can feel the cleansing powder work almost immediately. For me, my skin felt a lot cleaner, once I had massaged it in. Once I rinsed it off, my skin was so soft. There aren't any fruit acids, here, to burn and add abrasion to the delicate facial skin. Also, my face felt firmer and looked smoother. Great product! Yes, it's a little pricey, but a little goes a long way and it's very effective!

4.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, May 12, 2006
These little packs are awesome. You use about a 1/3 of the pack per wash. Initially it foams up like crazy and as you wash it subsides.

This gets my face unbelievably clean. I don't even need a toner afterwards. My skin feels like velvet after I dry it off.

Looking forward to trying their other products.

Downside, expensive, but from what I've seen a little goes a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg way.

5.0 out of 5 stars 60-90 Uses, August 19, 2006
The powder in the packets is applied to damp skin and you may only need 1/3 of the packet at a time. The granules quickly melt into a deep skin cleansing foam. The ingredients are soothing and don't irritate your skin.

Main Ingredients:

Rice Bran Extract - Contains a complex balance of vitamins and minerals. Contains amino acids and lipoic acid - anti-aging.

Sorbitol - Found in fruit and used for healing and moisturizing.

Aloe Extract - Healing

Algae Extract - Detoxifies and helps to inhibit collagen deterioration.

Potassium dna - Conditions skin.

Potassium myristate - Cleansing agent

This luxurious face wash is easy to take with you on vacations, to the gym or you can keep a few in your purse. Once you try these, you may not want to live without them. I really like how the cleanser foams and how it soothes and renews the skin. You can see a difference after just one use.

The NS-K Komenuka Bijin Special Toner, Eye Moisture Jell, Moisturizer, Skin Care Cream and Moisture Cream Silver are also wonderful and leave you feeling comforted and calm.

After using this a few times it can become a little

addictive. Your skin is so clean and smooth and

I noticed my pores seemed smaller and my skin much

more nourished.

~The Rebecca Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Clean Well, February 24, 2008
P. Russell (Port Hueneme, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought Komenuka Bijin Facial Cleansing Powder. It is a powder cleanser that lightly suds up when you apply water. I got about three cleansings out of each packet. So the price is not a bad deal. I liked the scent and it seemed to be free of many chemicals. However, I noticed that it was not a good enough cleanser to remove makeup. So if you decide to buy this product you will need to use a toner if you want to make sure your skin is really clean. I used this product for 2.5 weeks, with the Komenuka Bijin Facial lotion. The results: The cleanser did not clean well enough to remove makeup and the lotion was so moisture rich that in the 2.5 weeks of using these products together made my skin break out all over. I am discontinueing use of both products. I would only recommend this product to people with dry or normal skin that never breaks out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, September 5, 2007
This cleansing powder really does make your skin feel better and I was quite pleasently surprised when it helped clear up my acne and control my oily skin. I absolutely love this product! :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Not remarkable, January 11, 2012
C'est Moi (Outtathere, Here) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This stuff didn't do anything extraordinary for me, and certainly did nothing to justify the high price. It foams up and washes off easily but I broke out while using it. Either I was having a reaction from the ingredients or it did a poor job of cleansing(my guess is the latter). The only thing I really liked about it is its portability. This product is mediocre at best and there are much better cleansers.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cleanser, June 11, 2009
This is an excellent facial cleanser, face left feeling clean but not strangely tight. Also it does not overly exfoliate to the point of shiny skin afterwards.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Skincare Heaven!, May 17, 2009
The Japanese are world renowned for their fantastic near perfect skin! But it's still surprising to have a product deliver exactly what it offers. Each pack is recommended to be used 3 times, but I got 5 uses out of some.Just applying some of this powder to my skin and massaging it in then rinsing has left me with a great skin tone and a lot less blemishes for the month or less I've been using it. Buy this! As someone who's tried a lot of products, take my word and buy this! I'm guessing the rice powder this cleanser consists of is magic in a pack.

One bad thing is that if you wet the actual package the powder is in you'll get screwed. My only complaint is the kind of annoying packaging, however it does come in useful when traveling.You could just open all the cleanser packaging (30) and put them in a class, tall, tube, similar to a salt and pepper shaker and then use that instead.

Komenuka Bijin Facial Cleansing Powder from Natural Rice Bran - 30 Packs