5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel companion
Published on November 19, 2009 by Emma's Mom

5 Stars in terms of function:
I have never slept so well on a 14 hour international flight. The Komfort Kollar completely supports your head so you can literally sleep sitting straight up without your head flopping over. It is comfortable and the fact that it deflates makes it easy to transport and store in your under seat bag when you are not using it...
Published on April 4, 2012 by abcdefg

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars for Function / 1 Star for Durability (Think of it as Disposable), April 4, 2012
5 Stars in terms of function:

1 Star in terms of durability:
THIS PRODUCT WILL EVENTUALLY LEAK. Mine always seem to leak in the seams. In fact i think of this pillow as semi-disposable. I have purchased many of these. Mine usually last through about 20 long flights.

Having said all of this, i will buy this pillow over and over again beacuse i have not come across any inflatable neck pillow that comes close in terms of function (if you know of one let me know). For $30, that's really only about $1.50 per flight. And when you are 7 hours into a 14 hour flight with no comfortable way to sleep. I would gladly pay $1.50 for one of these every time.

There are some ways you can prolong life:

- Don't inflate the pillow until you are at cruising altitude. If you inflate the pillow before you take off, once you reach cruising altitude and the external air pressure is lower, the pillow will be way over-inflated and this will cause damage and leakage.

- Go easy when you undo the velcro strap. The Velcro strap is the key to this pillows functionality. The velcro is pretty strong so don't yank on it too hard when you undo it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should have listened to the reviews, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Komfort Kollar Neck Support Pillow (Apparel)
The inflatable komfort kollar that I purchased was great for the first two weeks, but like many other reviewers have suggested, it lacks durability and easily leaks. After blowing it up several times, the kollar developed a leak around the input valve and ultimately a hole in that area of the kollar. I and others in my family have owned several similar neck support collars for years without problem and still use them.

The additional neck support this device offered to avoid the head bobs of sleeping with neck collars offering less head support was appealing, but it's construction was of such poor quality it now resides in the trash. Know that if you buy this inflatable kollar of poor construction, you are taking a risk. You can call me old too soon and smart too late. If you are going to sell this at comparatively high prices, build it to last. My advice is to look elsewhere and forego this product. I wish I would have listened to other reviewers who warned of durability issues and can now say "I told you so."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great travel companion, November 19, 2009
Emma's Mom (Groton, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Fantastic neck support. The strap at the front ensures that the pillow stays in place and provides maximum support for the neck. I have found this is the perfect way to sleep on a plane. The pillow is soft enough to be comfortable yet firm enough to keep my head upright. Without it, my head tends to loll left, right or forward and I wake up with a horrible crick in my neck. Using the collar, I wake refreshed with no neck aches or pains.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long flight neck relief..., January 11, 2013
This review is from: Komfort Kollar Neck Support Pillow (Apparel)
It is a large funny looking thing but when there is a long flight ahead.. Inflate and whilst everyone looks at you. Chuckle a bit knowing that when you start snoring in 10 minutes and wake up with no neck pain you have had the last laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars best for long flights, July 7, 2011
I have used this pillow for 3 long flights so far and it has helped me more than any other travel pillow for sleeping on a long flight. It keeps my head supported even with my seat straight upright. I arrive without a sore neck and refreshed from a good sleep. I can't imagine ever traveling without one. I have not had any leaks, but then I do treat the pillow with care and keep it in a protective bag when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must when traveling, January 29, 2014
Jeff (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Komfort Kollar Neck Support Pillow (Apparel)
A must for anyone traveling and sitting for a long time. Comfortable, soft, fits in your carry on. Can be used a s a pillow, neck brace, or even a butt cushion I suppose.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design - LEAKS constantly!, January 26, 2010
The pillow is comfortable for those looking for a lot of support. However, the pillow leaks like a sieve! I've only used it a week, and on my 1 hour bus ride it's lost half the air before I get to work! What starts as a comfortable, well supported position winds up as a crick-in-my-neck leaning over position in less than an hour! Its the actual valve that's faulty. I don't have any holes or rips or tears. The plastic plug for the pillow is so poorly designed that it just lets the air pass right out. Shame for such a simple problem to ruin such a nice pillow.

Avoid!

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflating, June 1, 2014
jrs847 (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Komfort Kollar Neck Support Pillow (Apparel)
The Komfort Kollar begins to lose air about five minutes after inflation. Within 10 minutes, you might as well be wearing a scarf.

It's a great concept, and it's a shame they can't solve such a basic problem.

I emailed the company a few weeks ago to express my concerns. They did not respond. I assume this means that they either don't care about their customers or are going out of business.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a very old version, not purchased on Amazon, February 25, 2014
This is the best thing I have found so far that keeps my head from lolling forward when I sleep in coach. They must of have made it better quality when I bought it, because I've used mine for years and it hasn't ever leaked or broken in any way. I do end up though with most of the weight of my head resting on my chin which is kind of painful on the jaw and teeth.

There is a memory foam version, that I may try too. But you can't beat how portable the inflatable version is and the cover is very soft. I often store ear plugs and a small eye mask under the cover.

I think this could be a better product if there was no volume/padding at the back of the neck so that the head can easily lay flat against the headrest of the seat instead. This is why I only give it 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, but functions, February 6, 2014
Rick W (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
My biggest complaint is that the seams are sharp-edged and irritate the skin on the neck. For this price, this should have been better made.

Komfort Kollar Neck Support Pillow