5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a PS1 memory card compatible with PS2!
Published on June 5, 2009 by vespafive

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap in price, and cheap in quality.
Published on February 8, 2010 by Prince Asbel

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap in price, and cheap in quality., February 8, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
Yes, this memory card for the playstation 1 is cheap in price, but it is not, I repeat: NOT worth the money. I purchased this card, it worked for about a month, and then it broke. Was the memory card messed up, chipped, broken, or even cracked? No, it wasn't, and yet my PS2 can't detect this card. My PS2 can detect both PS1 and PS2 cards, and it can still detect my memory card for the PS2, but the PS1 memory card just didn't show up. I strongly recommend you shell out the extra dollars and get a card that has more durability than this one. You will be grateful later on when you don't lose your progress after a month's worth of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Two, November 21, 2009
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
99 cents each? Looked too good to be true so I bought two if one didnt cut it. Unfortunately, both memory cards were defective.

One memory card would not read at all while the other card would read. However, it would not format correctly so my data would be erased time and time again.

Pretty shameful that people would put this stuff up for sale...steer clear and pay an extra ten bucks for an original memory card. Something I SHOULD have done...

My info:
PS2 Slim

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a PS1 memory card compatible with PS2!, June 5, 2009
vespafive (South San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
I own a slim PS2 and in order to play PS1 games, you need a PS1 memory card. Sony designed their PS2 consoles in a way that you needed authentic PS1 cards to take advantage of backwards compatibility. I had so many problems with 3rd party PS1 memory cards and even SONY PS1 memory cards. I must've gotten lucky because when I finally took one last attempt at buying a PS1 card from this seller, the card actually WORKED!!! I am very satisfied. Granted, not many gamers are big on the ancient PS1 games, but I do like to tinker with games from the past every now and then. It was that or sell my old PS1 games to ripoff places like Gamestop for $2+ each only to see them sell it at a 150% markup. This purchase was well worth it!

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
i didnt like this memory card because it was not compatible with my ps2. It kept asking me to reformat the the memory card every time i tried saving my data in which case my data kept getting erased so I found one that works with my ps2

1.0 out of 5 stars Epic Fail, January 22, 2011
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
Seems they forgot to put the memory in memory card. Buy the Sony memory card instead.
Sony Playstation Memory Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero for three, October 6, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
After reading the reviews on the reliability of this memory card, I bought three, in the hope that at least one of them would work.

Not one of them would hold data across a system reboot, as verified by copying data off my (full) existing memory card onto one of these. They wouldn't even stay formatted across a system boot, much less being taken out of the system for a nonzero amount of time.

This is on an original PS2, so I'm pretty sure it's not a Slim vs. Phat thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupts saves and becomes unformatted, September 24, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
This is the worst memory card ever. I bought it to enjoy some old PS1 RPGs I have that don't work properly on my PS3.

On my PS1 AND PS2, this memory card constantly says it's unformatted or the saves are corrupt. Any RPG fan knows this is your worst nightmare after hours of playing. The first night, I played for 30 minutes or so and saved. It seemed to be fine, so today I play a lot longer and go to save. It said the card is unformatted! I format it and save again - then it says the save data is corrupt. I back out of the screen and go back in... the card is unformatted again?!

Nightmare. I'd rather just bend over and pay the price for the official sony product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective!!!, January 3, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
I recieved 2 of these low quality memory cards and neither worked. don't buy this.

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work, January 10, 2010
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
So, I bought the memory card thinking it was going to work from the first few reviews a while ago. But, it didn't work at all!

I have a silver ps2 slim, and the memory card doesn't even show up.

Might as well buy an actual sony memcard, I think only those will work.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice deal for an old school playstation 1 memory card, July 31, 2009
This review is from: Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB (Accessory)
I bought it for just 95 cents! (with shipping and handling 3.99..total = 4.94) Not bad. Its not the sony issued memory card but it still works just fine. Works on the ps2 system to save old ps1 games too. Since its only 1MB...that means it will save up to about a dozen game saves..worth buying if you still play old school playstation games from time to time.

Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB
Komodo Playstation 1 Memory Card 1MB by Komodo (PlayStation)
$5.99 $5.69