Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on January 24, 2011
I was a little hesitant at first to buy this RAM from Komputerbay. After all the price is so incredibly cheap compared to what you would pay Apple for a RAM upgrade ($168 vs $1000 for 16GB of RAM). However, I decided to give it a try.

The RAM came on time (fulfilled by Amazon and I am a Prime customer).

Note: upgrading RAM on an iMac will NOT void your warranty. Apple allows you to upgrade your own RAM and they provide you with directions on their website of how to do it.

Trying to install the RAM was pretty annoying at first. After removing the access panels, I must have tried 15 times to push the RAM into place. Apple's website says I should hear I click if it is installed correctly, but I could not get that to happen. After about 20 minutes, I decided to turn the iMac upside down and place it on my lap, with the top of the monitor now pointing at the floor. I thought this would help me get a little more force behind putting the RAM into place. It worked and I heard the click. After turning the computer back on (I experienced no problems), I clicked on the About System button on my Mac desktop...and there it said 16GB!

This is definitely a recommended purchase if you are looking to upgrade your RAM on the cheap.

Update: 06/20/2011. Still working great. No problems and my Mac is super fast. The price has decreased since I purchased it which makes this even more recommendable. I have seen a lot of reviews for other users who have not had success with this product. Please remember to read your computers spec and call your manufacturer to get ALL the details on which kind of RAM you can use. RAM has many different parts to it, including Parity, ECC, and speed. I have only used this with my Mid 2010 iMac and it works great. But please do your homework ahead of time or you may disappointed.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2013
I was looking to order some much needed RAM for my computer (27" iMac i5 Mid 2011), and it was really difficult to find some that truly fit ALL of the specs, especially the PC3 10600 portion. This RAM was WAY cheaper than most, and it preforms amazingly alongside my existing RAM. This is AWESOME.
on August 1, 2011
Even though they do not list their memory as being Mac compatible, I have just installed the memory modules and my 2011 Mac mini is full o' memory.
While the manufacturer wanted [quite a bit more] to preinstall 8GB of memory in the new mini, I now have a full 8GB at a fraction of the cost.
All tests show top speeds.
Make your mac happy. :)
on July 22, 2010
Could not get a good answer from HP, but after some research found that this works great for the new HP G42t-200 models. I received the order within three days, so delivery was great, and installed the modules in three minutes. (Did have to reseat them, but easy to tell the one was not installed correctly when you look at the amount of installed memory.) Very happy with purchase, especially considering that the next best proce I could getr was on Crucial brand for about $100 more and others are selling the two modules for as much as $500+.
on July 25, 2012
I was really inspired and encouraged by the positive comments to purchase these modules. But when I installed my memory modules in my MBP it read 8GB and It is running a little smoother, but I noticed the speed is only at 800Mhz... not even the original speed my old memory was at 1033MHz. These modules were rated for 1333MHz and I knew I was taking a risk that they my MBP wouldn't support that - but according to prior reviews and forums, the modules should have at least reached the MBP's top speed of 1033MHz. So I requested a refund on these.

I sent an email to the seller asking if they had a fix for this, and if so I would not return them, but did not receive any reply.
on December 20, 2011
I have purchased the RAM sticks from Komputerbay. At first I was hesitant, because I wanted to buy a name brand, but this deal did not only turnout to be great in price, it was fast, courteous, delivered on time and worked great on my laptop, which is way much faster now.
I am happy with the lifetime warranty also.

I thank Koputerbay for standing firm behind their products and giving costumers any needed support.

Please do not pay the extra just for the name of a product, look more into the service and quality of a product, because surely this product is made with quality assurance.

I give this Item A+++++ rating and would recommend it to all who need to upgrade .
on June 14, 2013
I bought 4 packs of this RAM and only 1 pack worked. If you get lucky and get RAM that works, then thats great. However, my experience was not good with this Komputerbay RAM. I'd suggest to stick to the big name brands.
on December 21, 2013
I purchased this ram to use on my Late 2011 21.5" iMac, adding to the 2 slots I had open, this brought my total ram to 12gb.

Upon installing this ram I began experiencing consistent and unexplainable system/program crashes. I have not updated or done anything to the operating system since installing this RAM. These crashes occur without warning and don't seem to follow any discernible patterns. This lead me to some detective work. Perhaps bad modules? Perhaps bad slots? The tests began...

First I tried Rember. This failed, not in the sense it failed the test, but Rember crashed every time it tried to test the RAM.

So I tried re seating the ram. Perhaps it was my error in installation, although, having worked in electronics retail for many years, I am extremely familiar with installing RAM. Let's be honest, its not hard. This made no changes, still crashing.

Next I swapped the the 2x 4gb with the 2x 2gb I already had to see if I had bad slots. Still the same problem and actually the crashes increased in frequency.

I then isolated the new RAM by taking out the older 2x 2gb. The iMac barely starts up. This leads me to believe that a) I have bad ram or b) this ram is not iMac 2011 compatible, which would be inconsistent with some of the other reviews I have read before purchasing.

Obviously I am very disappointed. Honestly, I am not surprised because I already knew how finicky Macs are with RAM and that brands play a large role in what you can expect to work. Instead of going with Crucial, which I know is a lot more reliable on Mac platforms, I tried to save ten bucks with this brand. This was my error. Returning the RAM and going to pony up the 10-15$ to get the stuff that will work.

Edit 12/25/2013: Installed the new memory from Crucial and it has worked without any problems for the last 10-12 hours. Programs seem to be a little more snappy and less load times on photo editing work. I still highly do not recommend this Komputerbay RAM for iMac 2011 21.5"
on August 16, 2012
I ordered 8GB in two 4GB SIMMs. One worked. The other didn't. It crashed my ThinkPad T410. I was able to run it with the one 4GB SIMM that worked and the pre-existing 2GB SIMM. However, the fingerprint reader stopped working when I was finally able to successfully boot. I ordered a 4GB SIMM from another vendor and it worked, putting me up to 8GB total. The fingerprint reader still does not work, even after uninstalling and installing fresh drivers. I'm not sure how common a brand new bad SIMM is, as I've never encountered one in over 20 years in IT, but I'm not happy with the results. I would not do business with Komputerbay again.
on June 29, 2012
I received this package two days after it was shipped, everything looked alright but did not function properly. I went with many safety precautions such as anti static electricity and all that to avoid error while installing. It fit correctly and was defiantly the ram I needed, but neither sticks worked. I tested each stick alone to see if only one was dead, but both gave the same result. I ended up going to my 3gb of ram until I receive my refund. I have learned my lesson not to buy cheap crap, next time I will go with a higher end well known brand. I suggest you pay the extra $10 and go purchase from a better company.