Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 24, 2011
I was a little hesitant at first to buy this RAM from Komputerbay. After all the price is so incredibly cheap compared to what you would pay Apple for a RAM upgrade ($168 vs $1000 for 16GB of RAM). However, I decided to give it a try.

The RAM came on time (fulfilled by Amazon and I am a Prime customer).

Note: upgrading RAM on an iMac will NOT void your warranty. Apple allows you to upgrade your own RAM and they provide you with directions on their website of how to do it.

Trying to install the RAM was pretty annoying at first. After removing the access panels, I must have tried 15 times to push the RAM into place. Apple's website says I should hear I click if it is installed correctly, but I could not get that to happen. After about 20 minutes, I decided to turn the iMac upside down and place it on my lap, with the top of the monitor now pointing at the floor. I thought this would help me get a little more force behind putting the RAM into place. It worked and I heard the click. After turning the computer back on (I experienced no problems), I clicked on the About System button on my Mac desktop...and there it said 16GB!

This is definitely a recommended purchase if you are looking to upgrade your RAM on the cheap.

Update: 06/20/2011. Still working great. No problems and my Mac is super fast. The price has decreased since I purchased it which makes this even more recommendable. I have seen a lot of reviews for other users who have not had success with this product. Please remember to read your computers spec and call your manufacturer to get ALL the details on which kind of RAM you can use. RAM has many different parts to it, including Parity, ECC, and speed. I have only used this with my Mid 2010 iMac and it works great. But please do your homework ahead of time or you may disappointed.
33 comments34 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2010
Could not get a good answer from HP, but after some research found that this works great for the new HP G42t-200 models. I received the order within three days, so delivery was great, and installed the modules in three minutes. (Did have to reseat them, but easy to tell the one was not installed correctly when you look at the amount of installed memory.) Very happy with purchase, especially considering that the next best proce I could getr was on Crucial brand for about $100 more and others are selling the two modules for as much as $500+.
on February 25, 2013
I was looking to order some much needed RAM for my computer (27" iMac i5 Mid 2011), and it was really difficult to find some that truly fit ALL of the specs, especially the PC3 10600 portion. This RAM was WAY cheaper than most, and it preforms amazingly alongside my existing RAM. This is AWESOME.
on August 1, 2011
Even though they do not list their memory as being Mac compatible, I have just installed the memory modules and my 2011 Mac mini is full o' memory.
While the manufacturer wanted [quite a bit more] to preinstall 8GB of memory in the new mini, I now have a full 8GB at a fraction of the cost.
All tests show top speeds.
Make your mac happy. :)
on December 20, 2011
I have purchased the RAM sticks from Komputerbay. At first I was hesitant, because I wanted to buy a name brand, but this deal did not only turnout to be great in price, it was fast, courteous, delivered on time and worked great on my laptop, which is way much faster now.
I am happy with the lifetime warranty also.

I thank Koputerbay for standing firm behind their products and giving costumers any needed support.

Please do not pay the extra just for the name of a product, look more into the service and quality of a product, because surely this product is made with quality assurance.

I give this Item A+++++ rating and would recommend it to all who need to upgrade .
on June 14, 2013
I bought 4 packs of this RAM and only 1 pack worked. If you get lucky and get RAM that works, then thats great. However, my experience was not good with this Komputerbay RAM. I'd suggest to stick to the big name brands.
on June 24, 2010
RAM wasn't reliable on Dell Precision M6500. I would get random blue screens... Replacing the RAM solve the BSOD issue.
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2012
I was really inspired and encouraged by the positive comments to purchase these modules. But when I installed my memory modules in my MBP it read 8GB and It is running a little smoother, but I noticed the speed is only at 800Mhz... not even the original speed my old memory was at 1033MHz. These modules were rated for 1333MHz and I knew I was taking a risk that they my MBP wouldn't support that - but according to prior reviews and forums, the modules should have at least reached the MBP's top speed of 1033MHz. So I requested a refund on these.

I sent an email to the seller asking if they had a fix for this, and if so I would not return them, but did not receive any reply.
on June 29, 2012
I received this package two days after it was shipped, everything looked alright but did not function properly. I went with many safety precautions such as anti static electricity and all that to avoid error while installing. It fit correctly and was defiantly the ram I needed, but neither sticks worked. I tested each stick alone to see if only one was dead, but both gave the same result. I ended up going to my 3gb of ram until I receive my refund. I have learned my lesson not to buy cheap crap, next time I will go with a higher end well known brand. I suggest you pay the extra $10 and go purchase from a better company.
on July 16, 2012
Well I received my first dud from online shopping. I have never received anything that did not work upon arrival. Put both sticks in and my laptop would not even boot. Put the original stick in and it came on fine. Added one of these sticks and per the bios it was reading as a 64mb stick. WTF, are you kidding me. Anyway I hope your luck is better than mine. Arrived quickly, but I just wish it would have worked.